Texas Flood + Neo Geo Big Red = Sad Boy

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
is it right to suggest putting it up on blocks? or anything it won't tip off of just something to get the bottom mostly off the ground, if theres enough support left for the riser maybe twobefoors?

gip?yeah that wasn't right at all

Last edited:

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Man....that sucks. Hurts to look at.

The damp-rid should work, like others have mentioned. EDIT: If you have some kitty litter, spread some of that around the bottom of the cab too if you seal it up with the damp-rid. Kitty litter is great at pulling moisture out of things. Sounds crazy, but I've had it work. You'll just have to get a shop vac or something afterwards to get it out.

That transformer isn't your flyback, that's your Isolation transformer. It isolates the AC coming in, from the rest of the power supply, and weeds out excess or extraneous voltages etc. Your monitor AC power is connected to that, and most monitors won't work without an isolation transformer. Your flyback is the big can or black box looking thing on your monitor board.

I guess what I'm getting at here, is that your Isolation transformer should be good if you let it dry out completely. The power supply though, I mean it would probably work if dried out for awhile, but I don't know the integrity of the caps etc in there, or if they got water in them. I'd toss it.

I have a spare MVS power supply I can send you, it's the least I can do to help out in your unfortunate situation. PM me if you want it :D

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Unless the home owner lies and says the stuff was his, his flood insurance isn't going to cover your stuff, just the damage to his house.
Damn, I see. I saw the owner today and he told me to make sure i put anything that was damaged in the living room so he can take care of it. Not sure what that means. Guess we will see.

Man....that sucks. Hurts to look at.

The damp-rid should work, like others have mentioned. EDIT: If you have some kitty litter, spread some of that around the bottom of the cab too if you seal it up with the damp-rid. Kitty litter is great at pulling moisture out of things. Sounds crazy, but I've had it work. You'll just have to get a shop vac or something afterwards to get it out.

That transformer isn't your flyback, that's your Isolation transformer. It isolates the AC coming in, from the rest of the power supply, and weeds out excess or extraneous voltages etc. Your monitor AC power is connected to that, and most monitors won't work without an isolation transformer. Your flyback is the big can or black box looking thing on your monitor board.

I guess what I'm getting at here, is that your Isolation transformer should be good if you let it dry out completely. The power supply though, I mean it would probably work if dried out for awhile, but I don't know the integrity of the caps etc in there, or if they got water in them. I'd toss it.

I have a spare MVS power supply I can send you, it's the least I can do to help out in your unfortunate situation. PM me if you want it :D

They def have some kitty litter so i will use that and the damp-rid. Guess i wont be playing on my mvs anytime soon, gotta let it dry out.
And yes, I will def pm you about the power supply. That is very generous of you, I REALLY appreciate it man. Have to show my roomates what Neo Geo is all about. Probably get them turned onto some Karnovs Revenge

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yeah it is, so fkn fun. Im def going to play more of it. We need to jump on some World Heroes 2 Jet next time were on fightcade

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
is it right to suggest putting it up on blocks? or anything it won't gip off of just something to get the bottom mostly off the ground, if theres enough support left for the riser maybe twobefoors?

I know right! Like if they made casters or something!

Hey if you need anothe PSU let me know I think I have an extra too & maybe an iso trans.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I know right! Like if they made casters or something!

Hey if you need anothe PSU let me know I think I have an extra too & maybe an iso trans.

I've never had a cab. can you tell? I thought the wood sat right on the floor, so all the middle floor part would be sealed wet on the bottom by the 'walls'

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't think is the fact that you've never had a cab, I think ND can tell you're not right in the head.

Edit: or at least pretend to be. You must be to just pretend that your that dumb, no need to impress anyone, why not be yourself?

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That really sucks, man. Hopefully you can minimize that cab damage.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
My big red stays on a moving dolly... makes it easy to move around the house when we have people over.

I think if we knew it was going to flood here I would put a hydraulic jack under it and get some jack stands and crank it up to the ceiling...

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sorry to hear that man, prob need to get a dehumidifier in there asap then put on a treatment to dry up any moisture thats been absorbed in to the panels..

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My big red stays on a moving dolly... makes it easy to move around the house when we have people over.

I think if we knew it was going to flood here I would put a hydraulic jack under it and get some jack stands and crank it up to the ceiling...

This^

Sir_KEVITH

n00b
Sorry to hear that man, prob need to get a dehumidifier in there asap then put on a treatment to dry up any moisture thats been absorbed in to the panels..

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was gonna suggest a dehumidifier too. I had bunch of stuff in cardboard boxes that got wet and the dehumidifier dried the cardboard pretty gently. It's crazy how much water it pulls out of the air.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
unfortunately i didnt know it was going to flood, i was in the middle of moving when it happened so i wasnt paying attention to the weather, i just knew it was going to rain. Never heard the status had changed to flash flooding until it was to late. I was at my old place packing when it started pouring.

Ill def have to look into a dehumidifier, sounds like it will do the trick on anything left over

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
unfortunately i didnt know it was going to flood, i was in the middle of moving when it happened so i wasnt paying attention to the weather, i just knew it was going to rain. Never heard the status had changed to flash flooding until it was to late. I was at my old place packing when it started pouring.

Ill def have to look into a dehumidifier, sounds like it will do the trick on anything left over

Tbh if you haven't done anything to it yet, it's probably too far gone to do anything.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I know it's been a while since this was bumped up but I wanted to know how the cab is doing and if it was saved.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I haven't had time to mess with my cab due to my dog being very ill. But I pulled the psu and I'm just going to toss it. Not sure about the isolation transformer, I have it sitting out in a warm place, I think that one should be good. The outside corners of the cab are weak, I'll probably use some kind of trim to cover that up and the back door has to be forcefully pushed in to sit correctly but I think it's going to be ok. Got fatal fury special in the mail and dying to play with some friends. Just gotta find a psu now. Was going to have a house warming party but got moved a week back due to sick dog.

It just finished hailing over here not to long ago. Have so much fun at this new place....lol

Thanks everyone

Edit- think I'm going to try and look for a iso trans, a friend of mine said I might as well not take a chance and damage my monitor.

Also, is there something I can put inside my cab to keep spiders from getting cozy in there? Found what looks to be a brown widow spider. Don't need anything biting me when I play lol

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
You could try running the iso without the monitor hooked up and check it with a meter.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Unless a black widow and brown recluse had a baby, you got the wrong spide there :)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I didnt know there was one either until my gf looked it up.

Latrodectus geometricus, commonly known as the brown widow, brown button, grey widow, brown black widow, house button spider or geometric button spider, is one of the widow spiders in the genus Latrodectus.

id_brown_widow_illustration.jpg

And ive killed/spotted afew brown recluses....