Bravely Second

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody playing this on 3DS? If you played the original, you know what to expect. Fun game, good story. I haven't gotten far enough into it yet, but they supposedly added some jobs. We'll see if they really add to the gameplay, or if they are just padding.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I loved the first one... I just don't know if I have time to play game like this anymore...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I have the first one but haven't played it yet...

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The first was a nice play until it got to the rinse, repeat stupidity towards the end. I've had Bravely Second since release, but I've not played it yet. Might try and get a playthrough done before Fire Emblem finally gets released in Europe next month.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The first was a nice play until it got to the rinse, repeat stupidity towards the end. I've had Bravely Second since release, but I've not played it yet. Might try and get a playthrough done before Fire Emblem finally gets released in Europe next month.

I've heard about that part, it's the same concept that made both Zelda's for DS so irritating to complete. I may go through and get a copy of 1 if I find it cheap

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I've heard about that part, it's the same concept that made both Zelda's for DS so irritating to complete. I may go through and get a copy of 1 if I find it cheap

It's not a bad game by any measure, but that game expanding repetition just got on my nerves a little, especially when it was *exactly* the same thing over and over again.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's not a bad game by any measure, but that game expanding repetition just got on my nerves a little, especially when it was *exactly* the same thing over and over again.

Yea, they added needless padding to an otherwise great game.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I'm waiting for Gameslop to deliver my copy. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot, I just hope I find the time like I did with Default.

The 4 repeating chapters really squashed any replay-ability for me, but I did really enjoy it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Same here
I think im too old to play RPG anymore
But i still bought second one......

I am too. WHen I was younger, I used to finish all the ones I've played, now it's rare for me to finish a game before giving up.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I am too. WHen I was younger, I used to finish all the ones I've played, now it's rare for me to finish a game before giving up.

There is only two rpg games i've finished in my life: final fantasy 4 and phantasy star 3

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
i have to finish the first one. still working on it. The grinds are brutal in BD.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Did anybody get the Special Edition. I missed the boat on that one. Is it worth the extra $?

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Did anybody get the Special Edition. I missed the boat on that one. Is it worth the extra $?

I did. I haven't had time to look into the art book yet but it's pretty thick. I really went back and forth with canceling the preorder for at least a month. I wish I caught it on the amazon preorder, with that prime discount and free shipping it was a really good deal. I feel like I get killed with gamestop when I have to actually pay shipping costs.

Edit:

I'm about an hour into the game and the minute I could start grinding levels, I did. I think I have a problem where I actually enjoy walking in squares and grinding, I feel like I've spent half my life doing it haha.

Last edited:

Metlcub

n00b
I had the 1st one and loved it. I got the Second one and havent even opened it up yet. I've had it for 3 weeks now and still un opened..

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Still in the middle of the first one, grabbed the second last week. Anyone also playing either of the new fire emblems?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
There is only two rpg games i've finished in my life: final fantasy 4 and phantasy star 3
Wow. I can't beat PS2-3 because those mazes are the hardest. Even with a map, you couldn't find your way.