NG:DEV TEAM re-issues Dreamcast versions of LHPB, Fast Strikers, Gunlord w/ jewel cases

Ukyo

20 Year Member
from what I recall, aside from some safe zones, XYX on MVS with the latest version update is bug free...

the dreamcast just got a shitty port; on real hardware it's fantastic.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, def a MVS worthy get, the DC is just the entry fee to check it out. I'm checking it out, lol.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'd never really considered buying any of these games before given the high price, but for $97 shipped, why not? Bundle get. Most excited about Gunlord.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've just pulled the trigger on the bundle, I really would love Gun Lord for the Neo MVS but I really can't justify the price for one game sadly so the DC versions will have to suffice.

I do love the look of the jewel case editions, the art is fantastic especially on Gun Lord. I almost caved in getting the DVD case LE a few weeks ago and then these beauties got announced what timing! I'm a little indifferent towards Last Hope, Fast Striker looks pretty good and the bundle price is such a good deal I figured why not give them both ago.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Love these guys and all, but I think it's pretty shitty that they release a game to the public (Neo XYX), charge full price, the game has game breaking bugs that make it unplayable in certain ways, and they won't address the issue.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Bought.

Earlier today I was thinking to myself that I've been spending too much on video games and movies these last few weeks. Fuck off, earlier me!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
IIRC they told Razion will have a reprint by the end of next year on MVS format. Since it never came on Dreamcast format, no way to do a reprint.

yea XYX or Razion getting a reprint, those would be the only two that I would actually buy from them.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Bought.

Earlier today I was thinking to myself that I've been spending too much on video games and movies these last few weeks. Fuck off, earlier me!

Lol, kind of how I feel with buying regular MVS carts right now. I feel like I'm spending way too much, but then I'm like "oh yeah, I don't fuckin' care!"

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You know, a company that's been around for years now shouldn't have to do that shit.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
My bundle order was marked shipped yesterday, BTW.

Mine too. Hopefully we'll have them in hand in a couple weeks. I've put off getting these for awhile. It'll be nice to have an excuse to get the DC back out.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
Jumped in on this while I had the chance since I seem to always wait too long and miss out. The jewel case editions here look very nice.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
You guys will enjoy XYX, just make sure to tate your CRT!

MOLTOMOLTO

n00b
Man this is tempting, but I'd hate to get the gimped version of these games lol.

Does anyone know what the difference between MVS and DC versions of Gunlord are? Or are they basically the same? That's the game I'm most interested in, but damn that MVS price point is bonkers for me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I have the Dreamcast version and it plays great. It's a really fun game. But I do not have the Neo Geo version to compare it to. But if somehow the Neo version is better I'm not sure where that improvement could come from. It is a good question and I'd love to hear from someone who has both.

But regardless the Dreamcast version does not feel gimped. Get the bundle.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,

MOLTOMOLTO

n00b
Huh, so we're talking about an extra $3-400 for the same game but with falling leaves...and yet for some reason I'd still rather get the MVS version.

What's wrong with me lol

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Huh, so we're talking about an extra $3-400 for the same game but with falling leaves...and yet for some reason I'd still rather get the MVS version.

What's wrong with me lol

Welcome to neo-geo.com.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Finally got around to ordering this Dreamcast bundle. Looking forward to getting to play Last Hope and Gunlord for the first time.

MOLTOMOLTO

n00b
Thanks madman, good to be here.

I ended up pre-ordering the MVS version...fuck it, YOLO, etc. Those falling leaves better be the best damn leaves ever.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Thought there was also voice used in the MVS version for the intro and not the DC verison? I picked up the DC verison, game is great. NG did an outstanding job with the packaging, high quality stuff.