SvC Chaos Plus vs Super Plus

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I would def play a version of svc with the kof roll. Two things that turned me off to svc when it was released.
-no running
I was playing kof heavily then, so a Kyo that couldn't run just felt wrong to me

-no roll
Again coming from kof and CVS2 , not having roll just didn't feel like a snk crossover game.

But I'm down to get owned at it, haven't played much in awhile but I pick up on things pretty quick. It's still familiar

The dash stepping makes it feel a little more Capcom-ish. It took a sec to get used to, but I actually like it.

Personally I would love the roll, but understood what they were going after in removing it. It's also why the thought of being able to play a version that had it has me intrigued.

that and Garou are the 2 games I really play on fightcade semi religiously.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
M

So found this link:

http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-2633360-1-1.html

That place has 12 different patches for SvC Chaos. If anyone is interested, I would check those out.

Did you happen to test them out? I tried the three versions on the 161 cart with no luck. Def wanna play this version.

The dash stepping makes it feel a little more Capcom-ish. It took a sec to get used to, but I actually like it.

Personally I would love the roll, but understood what they were going after in removing it. It's also why the thought of being able to play a version that had it has me intrigued.

that and Garou are the 2 games I really play on fightcade semi religiously.

I need to jump back on some motw, can't wait to get owned lol. When I did play I used Kevin and rock.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
M

Did you happen to test them out? I tried the three versions on the 161 cart with no luck. Def wanna play this version.

I need to jump back on some motw, can't wait to get owned lol. When I did play I used Kevin and rock.

Thanks for the info on the multi. I'll keep hunting down carts and testing them out until I can get another with evasive roll.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Thanks for the info on the multi. I'll keep hunting down carts and testing them out until I can get another with evasive roll.

The SVC I had was in a clear whitish case. The label was a copy of the original but it was green and looked similar to the KoF 2003 style label. Same font too. It came with a kit box with a matching label and like 5 Spanish move strips.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
The SVC I had was in a clear whitish case. The label was a copy of the original but it was green and looked similar to the KoF 2003 style label. Same font too. It came with a kit box with a matching label and like 5 Spanish move strips.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember the color of the silicone boards? I've owned two SVC's, Plus in a opaque clear case, and Super Plus in a opaque yellow case - both had yellow boards. Can't remember the label on the first, and the second one is missing the label. It's unfortunate, I sold the first one and the second one is in storage somewhere from my last move. Both came from Mexico.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Do you remember the color of the silicone boards? I've owned two SVC's, Plus in a opaque clear case, and Super Plus in a opaque yellow case - both had yellow boards. Can't remember the label on the first, and the second one is missing the label. It's unfortunate, I sold the first one and the second one is in storage somewhere from my last move. Both came from Mexico.

I don't remember for certain, but I want to say it was green. Im still unsure if it was the same as the mame one I'm referencing in this thread, but I think it is. Filthy and EG might remember more. EG was the one who found the roll by mistake. I'm honestly surprised people are not just making fixed versions of these with the patches that were posted in the thread. It makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
ResO, when I get home I'll post a pic of my cart. It has the roll, bosses and hit fix. I think DZ is right, mine flashes plus in red. There are different versions of the red version too which makes it so confusing. Worst case scenario, I'll get the cart dumped so we can match the mame roms.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
ResO, when I get home I'll post a pic of my cart. It has the roll, bosses and hit fix. I think DZ is right, mine flashes plus in red. There are different versions of the red version too which makes it so confusing. Worst case scenario, I'll get the cart dumped so we can match the mame roms.

I know busted will dump em for us. Notice I say us. I'd like a cart of this again!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Hell yeah, im glad someone has it, this shit has been stuck on my mind for awhile. Better hit detection and roll?! Sounds like my jam...

Edit- What is the command for roll, A+B or is it a different command, cause isnt that throw in svc?

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I don't remember for certain, but I want to say it was green. Im still unsure if it was the same as the mame one I'm referencing in this thread, but I think it is. Filthy and EG might remember more. EG was the one who found the roll by mistake. I'm honestly surprised people are not just making fixed versions of these with the patches that were posted in the thread. It makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Boards were green.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hell yeah, im glad someone has it, this shit has been stuck on my mind for awhile. Better hit detection and roll?! Sounds like my jam...

Edit- What is the command for roll, A+B or is it a different command, cause isnt that throw in svc?
F or B + A +B right after blocking. It's not a roll to move across the screen faster, it's an evasive roll to avoid chip damage.

Boards were green.

Thanks!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice! A dumb would be aces.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
F or B + A +B right after blocking. It's not a roll to move across the screen faster, it's an evasive roll to avoid chip damage.

Thanks!

Oh shit, dude this whole time i was thinking they hacked a roll into the game. Damn, then ill have to try the ones on the 161 today and confirm. Knew it was too good to be true. lol

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Wonderful info, I'll hunt down a cart if it's the last thing I do. I'll pay a decent amount if anybody has a legit bootleg of it (not a "conversion boot" with SNK boards).

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Oh shit, dude this whole time i was thinking they hacked a roll into the game. Damn, then ill have to try the ones on the 161 today and confirm. Knew it was too good to be true. lol

It's not on the 161 in 1 or any of the multicarts or Pandora Box versions. It is a hack, but it's using animations left over on the cart from KoF 2003, which the games engine is based on supposedly. I recall reading that the roll was intended to be in the final game but it made the matches go on for too long.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
That's interesting, it uses 1 stock when you perform it like other games?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So my 138 in 1 came in today and to my surprise there is a game on it called SVC Chaos Super Remix. The hit detection fix is there.. not the roll :/

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So my 138 in 1 came in today and to my surprise there is a game on it called SVC Chaos Super Remix. The hit detection fix is there.. not the roll :/

Well, that's still better than the original at least.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

It's been a long time, so school me. What's the quickest way to determine if it has the good hit boxes or not?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Interesting. I have a bunch of versions (including Super Plus Remix) on my hacked xbox. I didn't know it was a block evasion roll when I was testing. I'll check it out and see if there's one that I missed.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It's been a long time, so school me. What's the quickest way to determine if it has the good hit boxes or not?

It just plays better. I'm sure there is some technical breakdown, but all I can say is the game feels different. Linking moves is much easier, and dragon punches connect from further out. It makes the game feel like a Capcom game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
When I check the 3 version available on the 161 cart I'm going to use sagat. His hit boxes were horrible , especially his jumping D. If there is a big change between the detection I think this will be a easy way to determine that.