SvC Chaos Plus vs Super Plus

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
So I have always preferred the Super Plus variant as it has all of the characters unlocked, including the boss characters which are not normally accessible via cheats. For some reason though, it seems that people prefer Super over Super Plus. I have looked up differences, but couldn't find much of anything regarding the issue. Anyone have any info?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So I have always preferred the Super Plus variant as it has all of the characters unlocked, including the boss characters which are not normally accessible via cheats. For some reason though, it seems that people prefer Super over Super Plus. I have looked up differences, but couldn't find much of anything regarding the issue. Anyone have any info?

One of them has improved hit detection and the evasive roll move unlocked.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Search function is your friend...use it before you fade into obscurity once again.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'm guessing you weren't around for the OG Xbox having this online. They unlocked everyone including the bosses. It was a joke to play anybody. Everybody just played Shin Akuma and spammed the unlimited Super Fireballs. It's also not like the other bosses were a walk in the park either. Athena has unblockable supers. Red Armerer flooded the screen with crap and Serious Mr Karate can put you in a infinite that's stupid easy to do.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza

Oh interesting, thanks for clarifying.

I'm guessing you weren't around for the OG Xbox having this online. They unlocked everyone including the bosses. It was a joke to play anybody. Everybody just played Shin Akuma and spammed the unlimited Super Fireballs. It's also not like the other bosses were a walk in the park either. Athena has unblockable supers. Red Armerer flooded the screen with crap and Serious Mr Karate can put you in a infinite that's stupid easy to do.

Yeah, my buddy got it for the original Xbox when it came out and we got some matches on. I was so excited that there was online play as I just kept thinking it was a new form of Kailera at the time lol. We got online to play some matches and I connected to a guy. Wrecked him as he didn't know what he was doing. For 20 mins after that we sat there trying to connect to another match with no luck at all... I just went back to Kailera after that...

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
you could jump on fightcade now...

Lol, not now, maybe later tonight though. I watch a few people play here and there and partake in a few matches when I have time, that's about it though. Whether it's TV, a movie, or a stream, it helps me concentrate while doing work when I have something else video related going on beside me.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member

I've heard of the improved hit detection thing before, but I've never actually seen these changes pointed out or proven.

What do you mean by evasive roll unlocked; a KoF style roll instead of the normal GCFS?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I've heard of the improved hit detection thing before, but I've never actually seen these changes pointed out or proven.

What do you mean by evasive roll unlocked; a KoF style roll instead of the normal GCFS?

Correct

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
So for the lazy, which one has the hit fix and roll?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Lol, not now, maybe later tonight though. I watch a few people play here and there and partake in a few matches when I have time, that's about it though. Whether it's TV, a movie, or a stream, it helps me concentrate while doing work when I have something else video related going on beside me.

If you find my lazy ass in SVC on fightcade feel free to invite. I'm due for a whoopins in it.

Btw I played all the bootlegs (2 versions of Plus, Remix Ultra, and Super Plus. I don't see and evasive roll in it other then the roll recovery that's been there from the start. Unless I don't know how they do this tech. I tried Samurai Shodown 2 DF,DF, KOF LP+LK (which is a throw). I even tried a combination of the two. So unless I didn't think of something I think this might not exist.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If you find my lazy ass in SVC on fightcade feel free to invite. I'm due for a whoopins in it.

Btw I played all the bootlegs (2 versions of Plus, Remix Ultra, and Super Plus. I don't see and evasive roll in it other then the roll recovery that's been there from the start. Unless I don't know how they do this tech. I tried Samurai Shodown 2 DF,DF, KOF LP+LK (which is a throw). I even tried a combination of the two. So unless I didn't think of something I think this might not exist.

It was certainly a hack. It used the animations that were left over on the cart from KoF 2002. There apparently was a ton of hidden data left on the cart. Again, this was a rom I used to play in Mame and I always assumed the cart version was the same.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you find my lazy ass in SVC on fightcade feel free to invite.

Yeah, if I see you on I'll definitely send an invite.

It was certainly a hack. It used the animations that were left over on the cart from KoF 2002. There apparently was a ton of hidden data left on the cart. Again, this was a rom I used to play in Mame and I always assumed the cart version was the same.

Had no idea about all the left over data. Very interesting.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

If you ever find the name send me the info. I like some of the hacks people make. I know on the 161-1 cart I started really loving the '02 hacks on there.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If you ever find the name send me the info. I like some of the hacks people make. I know on the 161-1 cart I started really loving the '02 hacks on there.

I've been looking for the file online for three days....lol. I always assumed it was the red plus version...apparently not.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I would def play a version of svc with the kof roll. Two things that turned me off to svc when it was released.
-no running
I was playing kof heavily then, so a Kyo that couldn't run just felt wrong to me

-no roll
Again coming from kof and CVS2 , not having roll just didn't feel like a snk crossover game.

But I'm down to get owned at it, haven't played much in awhile but I pick up on things pretty quick. It's still familiar

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I actually love SVC chaos, it's a bit back to basics but in steroids.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The most heated matches I've ever had were in SVC against Saturn2Dfreak, serious business!