Metal Slug 1 - No prisoners - eh?

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
I'm playing Metal Slug 1 (MVS) at the moment and everything is great, except that - no matter how many prisoners I rescue - at the end of level 1, I am always told no prisoners recaptured.

This doesn't happen on any other levels.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any idea what's causing it?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'm playing Metal Slug 1 (MVS) at the moment and everything is great, except that - no matter how many prisoners I rescue - at the end of level 1, I am always told no prisoners recaptured.

This doesn't happen on any other levels.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any idea what's causing it?

Do you happen to die at all during stage 1?

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
Actually, maybe I did just happen to die on those occasions I was playing it on the European Arcade.

I'm gonna go try it again but I can't see how I never ever rescue anyone on the Euro Arcade mode.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Actually, maybe I did just happen to die on those occasions I was playing it on the European Arcade.

I'm gonna go try it again but I can't see how I never ever rescue anyone on the Euro Arcade mode.

You probably died at the boss. Your prisoners counter resets each time you die.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
You probably died at the boss. Your prisoners counter resets each time you die.

Must be.

I now can't get it to replicate what I was sure had happened before.

I will tighten my cilice as a punishment for my stupidity.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
correct me if I'm wrong, maximum you can rescue prisoners is 6 (plus the vehicle) at end of Level 1..........

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Must be.

I now can't get it to replicate what I was sure had happened before.

I will tighten my cilice as a punishment for my stupidity.

Well, if it really is a glitch, I'm pretty sure it would have been found by now since the game is decades old. Thankfully it's not a recurring thing.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL maximum of 6 prisoners on Mission 1. Sounds like it was posted by someone who doesn't play games.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
correct me if I'm wrong, maximum you can rescue prisoners is 6 (plus the vehicle) at end of Level 1..........

You can get at least 10 prisoners in all of the missions (assuming you do not die) because that's the minimum required for the GREAT to appear (MS1 does not say "you're great" like newer MS do). The most I can get is 14 or 15 in mission 4.

LOL maximum of 6 prisoners on Mission 1. Sounds like it was posted by someone who doesn't play games.

Nah, more like someone who does not know that MS games have hidden stuff in almost every corner of every level, however MS1 to MS3 are the best ones at this.

Regards.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nah, more like someone who does not know that MS games have hidden stuff in almost every corner of every level, however MS1 to MS3 are the best ones at this.
Like I said, someone who doesn't play games. Anyone who actually plays Metal Slug games rather than having them sit on a shelf knows there are hidden prisoners and bonuses. MS5 isn't too bad at this either.

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
The maximum in MS1 are 20 prisioners in level 4.

With 1 player you get the Great bonus with 10 prisioners or more, but with 2 players you only need get 1 prisioner more that the other player, only with 1 prisioner you get the Great bonus if the other player don't get any prisioner.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This thread reminds me of this level 2 tech at our work. He'll always say "hey, the thing isn't working...!"

Most responses are along the lines of,

"Did you check the thing?"

"Yeah, because that thing is switched off"

"We don't use that thing anymore"

"Yeah, you died, remember?"

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Like I said, someone who doesn't play games. Anyone who actually plays Metal Slug games rather than having them sit on a shelf knows there are hidden prisoners and bonuses. MS5 isn't too bad at this either.

What's wrong with you?
Attacking me because of not knowing hidden bonuses in MS1?
Knowing those will make you special?
I feel sorry for your wife if you ever got married.
A husband with a bitter mouse and heart
Many members here are humble and willing to share, BBH is one of good example.
You are the worst human being.