Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arcade Disaster

Kyokugen Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    Not to finish it, just to show up.
    $2400 for an estimate?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's not a snake. It's his magical rod asshole.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    In Trump's America, getting further and further from God

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    $2400 for an estimate?
    oh, i dunno.

I don't know what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    $2400 for an estimate?
    That's insane. That has to be for something more.

I'm not familiar with specific issues in your area, but the drain tube should work, you have to dig out around your foundation to put it in.

Was the 2400 to put in drain tubes? That sounds closer to reasonable.
    I am this village's idiot

Kyokugen Trainee

Yeah $2400 for a French drain sounds about right.

Lasso Champion

o.0 In new England, I wouldn't put anything valuable down in a basement. You're asking for mildew.

Critical Damage!

Gilty - I used this book as a bible when I remodeled my basement. We did everything ourselves - not knowing what tools you have, you'll need to spend a few hundred, maybe up to $1,500 for the right tools, but everything else is just materials at cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Remodeling-Bas...s=books&sr=1-1 (I don't know why it's 4 stars. It is an excellent book, detailed, layman's terms, plenty of pics - it's really really well done.)

For water issues - what kind of foundation do you have? Does it leak now? Do you have a sump? Do you have floor drains? Does the roof have gutters? I live in a flood zone and high water table where it just hangs in the clay near the surface, but we have a fully finished basement and no water issues.
    Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
    What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    In Trump's America, getting further and further from God

DZ is right: I'm gonna leave it to a professional. Our weather fluxuates CONSTANTLY - I would rather someone that knows what they're talking about/doing finish the basement beforeI get in over my head and then have something catastrophic happen down the road.

I'll take a look into that book, tho, much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

Kyokugen Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    DZ is right: I'm gonna leave it to a professional. Our weather fluxuates CONSTANTLY - I would rather someone that knows what they're talking about/doing finish the basement beforeI get in over my head and then have something catastrophic happen down the road.

I'll take a look into that book, tho, much appreciated.
    If you need a hand with things, let me know. There isn't much I haven't tackled in my house renovation. I'm not huge on framing or anything to due with gas though.

Armored Scrum Object

So how's the plan going for the basement gameroom? Any systems alive after the tinkering or what was all those on the flor? Can't go wrong with that big red cab thou! Wish we had em in Sweden
    Neo Geo is just plain awesomeness.. gotta love it!

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by bytestorm View Post
    So how's the plan going for the basement gameroom? Any systems alive after the tinkering or what was all those on the flor? Can't go wrong with that big red cab thou! Wish we had em in Sweden
    Well, the last few days have been pretty busy with kids activities. I have also been trying to find time to really look over the cab.

I have been trying to figure out a floor plan for the room. Do I go with a simple square, do I want nooks and crannies all over, etc. I have gone through a basement flood of my own in the past, and lost some valuable shit. I saw another member here just recently had one as well, and with the discussion in this thread, I know i will be doing one thing. My shelves will be up off the floor. Not floor to ceiling.

Also, I think it has gone past being a simple game room. My mom saved all my old toys. She still has all my baseball cards. Board games, vhs tapes, models, books. I think my childhood huffy is even somewhere around the parents farm. It will all go on display(as long as I can control the 'old' smell). It has become a nostalgia room, or maybe an eighties room. But not a collected one, this is the actual shit my childhood hands touched.

Mr. Big's Thug

As far as the tinkering. Yeah most of those systems are dead. There are about about six totes in the pics, I don't think you can see all of them. Most of the good stuff is in a tote. The aes is good, and the SNES minis are good.
    Last edited by tighecg; 05-06-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Mr. Big's Thug

I'm having such a fucked up day. Mostly work shit. I'm stuck between a fat lazy piece of shit, and a vengeful woman. I get along with the woman now, but if I say anything, that will change. I have been carrying this fat fuck for two years, and now him and her are violating(raping) unwritten work rules that have been in place for decades, to his advantage.

My kids trampoline blew out of the yard, through my field, into my neighbors, and messed up his beans. It's a thirteen foot wide, ten foot tall(with the net) tramp. I thought for sure this big ass thing didn't need to be staked down. I was comically wrong.

But worst of all, I fried my mv-1 first thing in my day. What a horrible omen of the fucked up day to come. Cheap fucking eBay/Chinese power supply. It was my first board, and I was surprised at how hurt and sentimental I got about it. Hopefully it's just a voltage regulator.

I know this wasn't the update anyone wanted to this thread, and I promise it's coming. I just wanted to vent and report on a death in my collection.
    Last edited by tighecg; 07-02-2016 at 06:00 AM.

Gandalf Of Gibberish

maybe you need to change the thread title?
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    white people shit is worthless .

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    maybe you need to change the thread title?
    I'm not sure what to make of this.

Gandalf Of Gibberish

by having that negative connatation you might be inviting more trouble? it wasn't a disaster if it was never done to be ruined either?
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    white people shit is worthless .

Mr. Big's Thug

I wasn't being negative

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

sorry to hear that OP... if you want to continue venting, there are a couple of work shit threads in Unrelated and the War room... about that Mobo - do you know what was fried yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    by having that negative connatation you might be inviting more trouble?
    superstitious much?

Mr. Big's Thug

not yet, I'm gonna check it out tonight. I have a rare night off, actually, four in a row without vacation or calling in. I guess that's my karma evening out.

I'm not sure how it happened, but my power supply was putting out 24v on all terminals. I got a crappy screen, it cut out, I shut it off, tried again and nothing. Well not nothing, I heard this faint repetitive click out of the audio. I grabbed a nice power supply from work, hooked it up. And nothing, not even the click. The led came on though. Tried my mv-1c, and it worked great.

As far as the venting, I'm good, a couple of hours later and some breakfast and I'm feeling better

Xsqsearchfunctionmod2016

Karou, did you mean negativity in the work post? Cause yeah, that was probably a lot of negativity.
    Last edited by tighecg; 07-02-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by tighecg View Post
    I'm not sure how it happened, but my power supply was putting out 24v on all terminals.
    oh shit, that's criminal - any way to get money out of the seller?

I'd start by looking for strange bubbles on top of the chips (especially video ram)... I really hope you get it fixed, but get mentally ready to accept it might be fubar...

Mr. Big's Thug

I don't see any bubbling on the chips, and I have 12 into the regulator, 5 coming out. Looks like I need to research what to do next, might have to hit up the techs.

As far as the supply, I bought it about six months ago, and it was 15 bucks. Not really worth the hassle of returning it now. Plus I have a far better one now.

Last edited by tighecg; 07-03-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Thread Information