Thread: PCMCIA Linear Flash Card Questions

Super Spy Agent

PCMCIA Linear Flash Card Questions

Ok. So I bought an official Konami PCMCIA flash card from a dude on eBay to use on my DDR Solo machine. The card came out of a Code 1 Dispatch machine which runs on Viper hardware. When I put it into the 573 in the DDR machine, it didn't recognize the card at all. I bought another official Konami card that came out of a DDR 5th Mix and it also didn't work because it got damaged in the mail, but the 573 still picked up that it was there and still installed about 10% before it gave me the error for using a bad card. So here is the question: Is there a difference between the cards that were used between the 2 different pieces of hardware? The cards are obviously visually different with the Code 1 Dispatch card being a small card inserted into an official Konami adapter and the DDR card just being a single large card. I cant figure out if the Code 1 Dispatch card will work for something else and just isn't correct for a DDR machine or if it is just a dead card and should be thrown away.

Any help would be useful. Thanks guys.
    Proud Owner of Aero City!

Good Deals/Sellers:

Neostore.com - norton9478 - SonGohan - Joe McCabe - T_Smallz - Greatkiller - vwlunatic

Chang's Combo Meal #4

I was under the impression that any 32meg card would work. maybe its more picky than that. Ill check the card in my 573 Digital and see if there is any revision or code noted on the card itself. I have been able to install over DM mixes on my setup.

Super Spy Agent

Yeah anything helps. I just don't know what I should do with this extra card, but don't wanna sell it if its fucked up and don't wanna throw it away if its fine.

Good Deals/Sellers:

Neostore.com - norton9478 - SonGohan - Joe McCabe - T_Smallz - Greatkiller - vwlunatic

Chang's Combo Meal #4

do you know if its 16 or 32 meg card?

Super Spy Agent

It doesn't even say so I dont know how to check. It could also be a 1 meg card for all I know

Good Deals/Sellers:

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

You need special equipment and software to read it. You can always send it to me and I can look at it.

Super Spy Agent

Can you PM me your info? I will send it along and if nothing else maybe you can use it for something.

Good Deals/Sellers:

Thread Information