Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by metallizer View Post
    I was watching the video haze posted in his blog. While he browsed thru the C roms palette, end of the vid, the first set looks alot like what was supposed to be on the title screen. Is out of order so someone has to solve this puzzle. Japanese knowledge will definitely help.

Attachment 34931
    It just reads "ranking" in the middle and the Kanji below are Japanese numbers for one to ten. So nothing special or even title screen material

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Sama View Post
    Also, hello to all the lurkers from Mizuumi IRC, NeoGAF, and Shmups.org!

Love,
    ~cuilan

xROTx

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

How do I get that 'members who have read this thread' option?
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Igniz's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post

xROTx
    Holy Crap

Guess its a smell of money type thing and less a "hey this is an amazing story"
    Last edited by FinalbossNYC; 04-10-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: can't spell

Hardened Shock Trooper

Is it possible that someone like Raz could take what is here and when more information is given, can actually finish it and do a release? Not knowledgable at all in terms of programming so excuse me if My question is ignorant.
    Looking to buy complete very good and excellent condition genuine/authentic AES games of the titles listed below. If anyone is selling them please send me a PM.
    No NGF markings, Game-dude void stickers or Sun-fade please. I want clean carts but insertion marks are ok.
    NONE at this moment.

Krauser's Henchman

This thread really took off after last night. Thanks for all the hard work. It is an incredible find, a shame it was never completed.

Dodgeball Yakuza

I am very glad to this discovery
    NeoMasta, you have no mention of the Compagny in the Rom ?
    thanks for these informations

Iori Yagami's Manicurist

Just a simple W O W ! ! !

Compleated and released, it would have probably been just another turd, now it's a living legend, just like the man, who found it. Indy would have been damn proud of you, Turf ;). Congrats!!!

Crawley's Sergeant

Data remanence has been observed in static random-access memory (SRAM)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_r...ce#Data_in_RAM

Quote Originally Posted by FinalbossNYC View Post
    Guess its a smell of money type thing and less a "hey this is an amazing story"
    All this time I thought it was the NeoGeo scene that was obsessed with money.

I remember this board when it was up for sale. I was tempted to go for it, but I'm glad I didn't, and that it went to a good home.
    It used to be so easy.

Creator of the Master List
    Alternate theory. Gowcaizer was a licensed title. Perhaps the game began development prior to the license being secured which explains the 66 NGH number. If the mechanics are the same they could have basically changed the sprites and other art to the licensed characters later in production. It would be interesting to match up a move set for a character or 2 from the proto to Gowcaizer. Bad news guys, testing this theory will require somebody to (gasp) actually play Gowcaizer. Any volunteers??

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Waverider2049 View Post
    Is it possible that someone like Raz could take what is here and when more information is given, can actually finish it and do a release? Not knowledgable at all in terms of programming so excuse me if My question is ignorant.

I was wondering the same thing, although I'm guessing no. If the game is not completed it wouldn't be playable, I suppose.

Would love to be wrong, though - this would be amazing

Takuma's Nurse

This is really awesome. Makes you wonder what other prototypes are out there waiting to be discovered.

Chang's Grocer

I'm just glad Turfy found this and not another one of these proto hoarders, or else non if us would have ever seen it.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

In my view this proto is so early in development (post voltage fighter or near completion) that it was not ready for submission to SNK to have a number assigned. You could almost say its possible the artists had finished voltage fighter and started drawing more characters for a new fighter (they had a story line outlined) while the programmers tidied up voltage fighter and removed the final bugs. The bosses probably did not want them in the office twiddling their thumbs.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranix95 View Post
    Data remanence has been observed in static random-access memory (SRAM)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_r...ce#Data_in_RAM
    I can 100% say that data is gone. Every time I inserted the cards into my reader, the data on the cards changed and was garbage. Both batteries were fuzzy and green registering no voltage. I tested it many times before giving up.

Crawley's Sergeant

Data remanence is the residual representation of digital data that remains after the data has been deleted, erased, or removed.

In sum, you need data recovery $peciali$t$.

Kula's Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    I can 100% say that data is gone. Every time I inserted the cards into my reader, the data on the cards changed and was garbage. Both batteries were fuzzy and green registering no voltage. I tested it many times before giving up.
    Damn, that sucks. Glad we got what we did out if it, but it should have been found by you close to tweny years earlier.

Can this thing do a limited two player? No AI, but two people playing some of the more completed characters against each other?

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    It just reads "ranking" in the middle and the Kanji below are Japanese numbers for one to ten. So nothing special or even title screen material
    If it says ranking, then it's not the pieces of a title screen, but the pieces of a high score table screen.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Super Spy Agent

My good lord this is sick..

Thank you for finding this NeoTurf, Jesus.

Who?

Absolute goodness.
    Congrats NTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranix95 View Post
    Data remanence is the residual representation of digital data that remains after the data has been deleted, erased, or removed.

In sum, you need data recovery $peciali$t$.
    The article wikipedia links says data retention is at best 10 seconds at room temperature with modern chips.

Kula's Diamond

The article wikipedia links says data retention is at best 10 seconds at room temperature with modern chips.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we've passed the ten second mark on these bad boys.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Yeah I went through some articles that basically said they chips would have to be frozen for it to retain a decent amount of residual data. I can see about contacting someone, but I think I know what their answer when I tell them it's been 20 years in unknown temperatures.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Thanks NeoTurfMasta for sharing this!
    Game Collection | Blog | NESp | Youtube | Twitter | Facebook | Google | KLOV | NintendoAge | AtariAge | Gamesx | Backloggery
    Arcade Games: Propcycle | Marvel Vs Capcom | Galaga | Neo Geo MVS | Mortal Kombat | Street Fighter Alpha (board) | Double Dragon (board) | Marvel Vs Capcom (board)
    MVS Carts: Spinmaster | Samurai Shodown | Samurai Shodown 3 | Puzzle Bobble | 120-in-1 Multi Cart

Thread Information