Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Just read all this and am glad to see the ending. I did not even find out about it here read it on IGN or something. From the way it sounded from his interview though, he did not seem so enthusiastic about this dead game coming back to haunt him!

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
I have been in contact with the game's producer Kengo Asai for a month now through a translator. Really nice guy. I found out that he did not have a copy of his own game, so I sent him the one I made and he got it yesterday.

7nbN47J.jpg
Very nice.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
What's so special about it?

It's actually unique as its mid label design compared to most proto AES carts. Has a name on the top if the label, different meg count, a few characters have different names, English only no matter which bios, start menu selection screen in a different order, harder difficulty than the default AES level 4.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
test post to see if thread is broken

Edit: looks like it's working now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn, been so busy that I haven't been keeping up with what happened. That's an awesome thing B, nice job on that. I hope the kind gesture returns something in the near future.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
test post to see if thread is broken

Edit: looks like it's working now.

Working fine :)
Fun (sad) fact, I've never played Neo Turf Masters. (I guessed it's a possibility, my memory is getting rough). I'll have to give it a go.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm going to post something in this thread but I want to make it good. I've been outside mulching all day in the heat for father's day. If I can start drinking beer now I'll be back tonight hopefully with something decent to contribute to this discussion.
empty words?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Wow, awesome. So glad you were able to talk to him and it's awesome you sent him a copy so he could enjoy his hard efforts after so long.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Working fine :)
Fun (sad) fact, I've never played Neo Turf Masters. (I guessed it's a possibility, my memory is getting rough). I'll have to give it a go.

Seriously? Play it asap, it's one of the best games on the neo and one of the best golf games in general :)

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Seriously? Play it asap, it's one of the best games on the neo and one of the best golf games in general :)

I've been playing the shit out of it on my 4 slot since I got it last week

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Just wanted to jump in and say Good job Neo Turf! Making the rest of the community look good!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone, but it was the least I could do for him. I would be pretty bummed not to have something that I worked so hard on.

Yep, he has a Neo. I made sure he had one before I sent it. If he didn't, I would have sent a spare MVS board as well.

He was very happy to receive it and play it again all these 20 years later. He sent me some pics of it playing when he got it.

This, this right here is what makes this community so special! Awesome job NeoTurfMasta!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I heard and had been following the story of this while a lurker but the conclusion is unbelievably heartwarming, wow. Can't imagine what it feels like to see your essentially lost game you poured blood and passion into only to come back years later. Example human being you are!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Article about the game in the latest issue of the german M!Games mag:
76ty9Jq.jpg

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Just read all this..
This is insane.

Thank you NTM you are the men.
Hope there's another version of this out there

Really need to try this one
( its on mame right?)

Cheers

Ps: lovely gesture NTM

Edit: does anyone haves a scan of the retro mag?

Edit2: That artwork ntm is awesome, is there a.pic somewhere of it?

Last edited:

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Can't believe there ain't more replies here...

I totally love the game... Unfortunately I have to play it via mame... (I would rather play this on the real hardware )

Really awesome backgrounds... The chars that actually have sprites are cool, just missing sound ...
But playing this, hearing Metallica in the background... Is awesome ;)

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Any chance of this game being offered via neobitz aka Crossed Swords 2 method?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
If so...

Count me in .

Would love to have this on cart for my mvs

I'm going to give it a try, to add music, or basic chars sounds.

I can do some pixel art as well ( been several years, but hey...)
Just need to research a bit for the tools used on homebrew neo projects...

This is a game that totally deserves some community love
I totally love it

Last edited: