Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When I look back at the reveal, NTM should have hooked up a VCR to the same TV it was presented on just for trolling purposes.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I should have bought one of their snazzy shirts and maybe some Z Cavaricci pants to do the reveal. All I had was a Taco shirt... Next time.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, the taco shirt was the right choice. It's always the right choice.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
This post was an excellent read. I could totally feel NTM's excitement about the experience. From Raz's response it sounds like NTM might have recovered everything that existed.
How much work is left to finish this game? Would it be possible for the neo community to pitch in money and hire people with the right skills to complete it? Finish the sprites, program the AI, etc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I should have bought one of their snazzy shirts and maybe some Z Cavaricci pants to do the reveal. All I had was a Taco shirt... Next time.

I think I still have mine somewhere from freshman year in High School, probably some nixit shirts and wicker shoes as well.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I don't think there's a single situation where wearing a taco shirt is the wrong choice.
Well... except a funeral after death by taco maybe...

Spoiler:
On a Sunday night last January, a bubbly brunette waitress named Courtney Rhon stopped for take-out at El Toro Taco in Homestead. The 32-year-old mother of two ordered a beef chimichanga and a taco dish for her 14-year-old son. There was food at home for her 2-year-old. They ate together around 9 p.m. and then went to bed.

Around 2 a.m. Courtney awoke violently ill. She couldn't stop vomiting, cramping, and sweating — and had to keep running to the toilet. When her mother, Margaret Armstrong, checked on her the following afternoon, she was still in bed sick. Her legs had turned purple.

Armstrong rushed her sick daughter to the emergency room at Homestead Hospital, where she collapsed and went into cardiac arrest. Doctors tried to revive her, with little success. They pronounced her dead at 7:16 p.m. The cause of death: bacterial infection of the blood. Courtney's spleen had been removed more than ten years ago after an ATV accident, and her immune system couldn't battle the bacterial strain.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/death-and-tacos-6378540

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
Woah 20 pages of awesomeness! I totally feel you on the "wife couldn't care less" part as mine acts the same ;)
Thanks a lot NTM!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Woah 20 pages of awesomeness! I totally feel you on the "wife couldn't care less" part as mine acts the same ;)
Thanks a lot NTM!

Hahaha she really wasn't like that. She was very supportive after I had a chance to tell her about it the next day (when she wasn't asleep)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
[Lurk Mode Off]

The Neo-Geo community never ceases to amaze me. NTM, I want to thank you for sharing this rare proto with the community.

What are the chances of Shawn funding the developers so they can finish the game? Shawn, are you out there? We want this game!

[Lurk Mode On]

Edited to fix Shawn's name. :P

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I have been in contact with the game's producer Kengo Asai for a month now through a translator. Really nice guy. I found out that he did not have a copy of his own game, so I sent him the one I made and he got it yesterday.

7nbN47J.jpg

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I have been in contact with the game's producer Kengo Asai for a month now through a translator. Really nice guy. I found out that he did not have a copy of his own game, so I sent him the one I made and he got it yesterday.

7nbN47J.jpg

That looks ace Turfie. Nice job man.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Really great that you were able to send him that. I'm sure this is pretty surreal for him, too. This project seemingly lost and forgotten now getting so much attention. Like he said in one of the translated interviews posted before, nostalgia mixed with an inferiority complex of here's one of my failures on display... Doubt many see it like that now, though. More of a cool lost project that could have been...

Glad he's able to hold something tangible of this game after all these years.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
very cool NTM.
Where did you get the art from?
Any new info on the game?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

7nbN47J.jpg

Nice move TurfMasta. That was a thoughtful gesture.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm sure that'll warm his heart. You're a good one NTF.

Did you happen to ask him if there's any minute chance that he might take up the mantle of gathering a team to finish the game, or remake it on different hardware?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That was a truly classy move on your part. I could only imagine what he was thinking and possible look on his face pulling that out of the box it came in to him. Despite how he felt about it with that quote thrown around, maybe it will bring a more positive closure on it given it's tangible and playable as such.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
who's Sean? Do you mean Shawn?

Yes, I meant to say Shawn. I also have a friend outside the classic gaming community named 'Sean'; it was a simple mistake.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Great gesture indeed. You're a good man, NTM.