Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So what's up kiddo. Is this a troll or what?
I hope it is a troll, but a name was dropped more than a couple of times. None of the regulars for sure, but I'm digging and seeing if anything is popping up.

Kiddo isn't the type of nigga that calls people names for no reason. I'm pretty sure he's not trolling.

Yea, I'm not going to let someone profit off of Turf's dedication to this proto.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I hope it is a troll, but a name was dropped more than a couple of times. None of the regulars for sure, but I'm digging and seeing if anything is popping up.

Yea, I'm not going to let someone profit off of Turf's dedication to this proto.

This makes my stomach turn. Is it one of the noobs?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Where was this for sale, KP? I don't see it on the Bay. Did it get pulled already?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Also... I already HAZ teh ROM.

No I don't, but I'm going to go look for it now. :D

maybe a stupid question, but... is there any way to analyze those memory chips that held for so many years the same information, and recover it with professional decapping, electron microscope, etc? I know is power-backed ram but maybe same data for so many years made a small difference between a normal ram cell holding a "0" and one now with "0" but with a 20 year "1"

The answers you seek lie within this thread.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Just fully open the valve.
Noone will be able to profit out of it if you publicly release the rom. If all can have it for free, then its worth nothing.

The amount of work needed to make this actually playable will anyway prevent fullscale cart production.
Imho drama for nothing :/

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Just fully open the valve.
Noone will be able to profit out of it if you publicly release the rom. If all can have it for free, then its worth nothing.

The amount of work needed to make this actually playable will anyway prevent fullscale cart production.
Imho drama for nothing :/

All the Neo roms are already out there for free but it doesn't stop the French from making a huge profit on the boots.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I can confirm that the ROM is freely "out there" now due to its inclusion in MAME, so I guess it's possible someone is trying to sell it...

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I can confirm that the ROM is freely "out there" now due to its inclusion in MAME, so I guess it's possible someone is trying to sell it...

Why would someone buy something they can get for free? (And no, I'm not talking in the generic piracy sense)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Why would someone buy something they can get for free? (And no, I'm not talking in the generic piracy sense)

Same two reasons people still buy MVS and AES carts in a world of emulation: authenticity and personal collections.

Being that its a fundamentally unfinished and broken game though, it seems really freaking stupid to spend a dime on it.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Same two reasons people still buy MVS and AES carts in a world of emulation: authenticity and personal collections.

Being that its a fundamentally unfinished and broken game though, it seems really freaking stupid to spend a dime on it.

OK then I presume you are not talking about the ROM itself, but the ROM being put onto a cart?

Fygee

20 Year Member
OK then I presume you are not talking about the ROM itself, but the ROM being put onto a cart?

Correct, which I figure is going to be inevitable.

Paying money for just the ROM itself however is completely and utterly stupid and wrong.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Lovely find - lovely thread!

Awesome NTM. Can imagine the insight when everything cleared..looking forward to possible FACE info.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Pat and Ian talk talked about it on their #CUPodcast for those that are interested.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Has anyone actually seen any posts claiming this is a hoax? If so, they need to be shown the MMCafe article translating the two FACE graphic artists who confirm that they worked on this game.
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10157.html

Besides that, if I had the skills to make something look like this, I would finish it and sell it.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Has anyone actually seen any posts claiming this is a hoax?

Pat and Ian talk played with the idea of it being a hoax on their #CUPodcast, but admit it makes zero sense it being a hoax. "Could it be a hoax? Nah..." Other than that, I haven't heard or read a thing.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I must confess... i've never watched an Ian and Pat thingy.... it all seems so irrelevant....

I hope they're members here... mainly because... i need to tell them they may need better personal grooming and hygiene routines...

xROTx

Fygee

20 Year Member
Has anyone actually seen any posts claiming this is a hoax?

Beyond a few Facebook posts I saw from people when it was initially announced showing some doubt, I haven't seen or heard anyone saying it was a fraud. As Cernex said, its more of a thinking out loud moment for Pat as he instantly shoots his own theoretical question down.

I would say its nothing to be concerned about.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Thought never even crossed my mind and i expect the same with 99.9 percent of people.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The game sounds like it would have been pretty amazing. I had to translate it too. Hopefully someone will post a complete translation like the last interviews.

I love the idea of the Wolf and Hawk characters. They were to transform into humans depending on the time of day. Neither of the characters being able to meet each other in human form.