Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

K's Therapist

This is exciting. Thank you, NTM.

Bashful Neophyte

Definitely dragging the lurkers out. Interesting news and it will moreso when further developments on MAME and resorted assets come about too. I should have gone to MGC this year, flooding outside aside...

Wow that's crazy. It would be cool on its own to be able to flash your own roms to a board. But to sit on the cards and eventually get them to boot is insane.

The game looks cool too. I like the idea of the class system it reminds of a DnD fighter or something.

Wow.
    Reminds me of Guilty Gear.

Kyo Clone

Those backgrounds are phenomenal!

I'm really interested to see if anything eventuates from the Technos contact.

Definitely exciting!

Geese's Thug

Hats off to you NTM, thanks for sharing this with all of us.

This is the kind of shit that makes me appreciate this hobby even more. This clearly falls into the realm of video game preservation. This easily could have been lost forever, and that would have been a travesty. It's always fascinating to find an unreleased game like this, and to have a glimpse into how games were made during the time.

Very cool find, congrats, and thanks.

New Challenger

It was really cool watching this being revealed at the MGC. Nice meeting everyone there in person.
    Somehow managed to leave the hotel by 9am, no thanks to the late night Sunday beers offered by jLew! But then again thanks for the beers!

I tried to "read too deep into things" see any similarities of games published and I have a few candidates, the twins could be inspired on chichi-nene from ragnagard and they have a similar move where one throws the other, tear & wolf reminds me of Igeret also from ragnagard, haves that same ground claw move like geese and the staff and the body motion from Igeret , headcounter as I said before looks like Huitzil AKA Phobos from Darkstalkers, the monk forgot his name moves a bit like Morrigan but way slower. Maybe I'm in shock or maybe someone got inspired by these characters or even worked as a junior for the creators of those characters at school. I don't know I'm amazed that something that looks so appealing never saw the light of day.

NTM can you try some of the special moves from each character to see if they match please?

The monk is Albert, also hawk from nakoruru and dog from galford I forgot but just the animals not the characters.
    Last edited by mastamuzz; 04-12-2016 at 01:18 AM.

NAM-75 Vet

Nice find. The characters are very cool.

Armored Scrum

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Awesome Shou-sama. Thank you. BTW, not to get too off-topic.. Shou-sama did you ever end up creating any video play-throughs of Galaxy Force I or Hangzo? I'm curious to see a bit more on these games.
    Not yet, have not had time but I will.

Armored Scrum

Apparently, this is not a Technos game, An ex-FACE producer said that this was an outsourced project in 97 called Dragon's Heaven that was put on hold. He believes that ex-Technos staff may have worked on it as FACE did not have any fighter expertise.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Shou-sama View Post
    Apparently, this is not a Technos game, An ex-FACE producer said that this was an outsourced project in 97 called Dragon's Heaven that was put on hold. He believes that ex-Technos staff may have worked on it as FACE did not have any fighter expertise.
    Great info Shou, it's awesome to have a title to associate with this now.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

That's amazing! Is there a link to that information or was it told directly to you?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I see that the article was updated:
    http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/article...1/news145.html
    Last edited by NeoTurfMasta; 04-12-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Creator of the Master List
    whoa

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Nice to have some more info, thanks Shou-sama. I guess there is no chance the ex Face producer can put you in contact with the people it was outsourced to? It might be a good idea to contact the seller of the board also to see how they came by it.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Ikari Warrior

Apparently, this is not a Technos game, An ex-FACE producer said that this was an outsourced project in 97 called Dragon's Heaven...
    1997 -- in regard to versus fighters, RBS, KoF '97 & Last Blade come to mind. The game has more resemblance to the latter, than any other out of the three. It suits the year graphically.

Face released Money Idol Exchanger in '97... and decided to drop Dragon's Heaven? Last released game by Technos Japan was Super Dodge Ball in '96, so at least they were available for that outsourcing in question. It all fits, at least from an outsider's perspective.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Nevermind, I see that the article was updated:
    http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/article...1/news145.html
    Is there any new info in that article? Google translate sucks*...

"Postscript":
    Spoiler:
    And tweet about this game people on Twitter that had been involved in the development at the time, according to it, "Money Idol Exchanger" or not yet released the title of the face that had been developed, such as, and things. But, yes I do not know to be detailed only had hit the character of the dot in the only outsourcing.

[*but these bits I liked: "NeoTurfMasta who is the thread of the post Lord"; "unknown games like never seen even NEO-GEO mania"]

Expect a wave of visitors and more traffic to our humble community. The NTM find has actually appeared in facebook trending feed!

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Whats also interesting about the FACE connection is many years ago, I bought a similar Dev board from Yahoo auctions. It contained the complete version of Money Idol Exchanger (I posted pics before). The seller also had a few GameBoy protos of MIE which was made by Athena. I'm looking through my Rinkya history to see when that was and if it has a possible seller name.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LWK View Post
    Expect a wave of visitors and more traffic to our humble community. The NTM find has actually appeared in facebook trending feed!

Yup! I've pinged Sakoda-San from COMPILE in hopes that he may know somebody, that knows somebody that can help shed more light.

The game is afoot!

Astra Superstar

Face?! Fascinating. I never would have guessed that.

Money Puzzle Exchanger is God.

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

Wow this is great information! Thanks!

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!

Quote Originally Posted by LWK View Post
    You got that right

There are currently 133 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 120 guests)

Fio's Quartermaster

Sick! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    It was really cool watching this being revealed at the MGC. Nice meeting everyone there in person.
    Somehow managed to leave the hotel by 9am, no thanks to the late night Sunday beers offered by jLew! But then again thanks for the beers!
    No problem - we actually bought way too damn much. The Neo crew annihilated my stash of cheap Miller Lite on Saturday night (though CDamm covered $$$ for you guys), so I bought for Sunday assuming you guys would kill that as well. Not the case!

Thread Information