Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 592

Thread: Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

  1. #551
    Tech Support Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dunedin, FL

    Posts
    1,654
    Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.

  2. #552
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by JMKurtz View Post
    Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.
    Yehhh

    My wife doesn't let me ...



    Haha

    BTW: just saw an old post with your devkit, will give it a look

    I'll try starting with adding some music, chars sounds
    Already know how to convert those tracks ...

    I have a new CD as well, need to research how neo-pc works to load modified ROMs to it

    Need to check what's the best/faster way to try out modifications if via neo-cd or via mame
    Last edited by dragonpt; 12-02-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  3. #553
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,217
    The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

    I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

    Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

  4. #554
    Kula's Candy
    Samuray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany

    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

    I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

    Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

    Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
    I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.

  5. #555
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
    I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.
    Updating the graphics is totally possible, but improving/completing the gameplay is probably a pipe dream.

  6. #556
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    218
    Sorry for the archaeology but I've just found this thread and read the whole 23 pages. Every single post.

    Hats off NeoTurfMasta, everything you did regarding this game sets the bar for what a true Neo-Geo aficionado should do in respect to protos.

    (You may know me from twitter, @JonAnderss)

  7. #557
    yeah he did that

    jbeedham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Posts
    833
    Definitely amazing!
    NEO GEO AES serial#338685
    NEO GEO CDZ serial#24611

    HATERS GONNA HATE

  8. #558
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    SouthAmericaNeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Santiago Chile

    Posts
    71
    This would be EXCITING!!!
    ALL OTHER TROPICAL STORMS BOW BEFORE EL NIŃO!
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ris_farley.gif

  9. #559
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Hi all

    I've been around the past months, or so, doing some pallette/ bitmap editing on this game.
    ( s1 & fix ,files stuff)

    Regarding sound I still haven't done anything and I still need to research a bit more into this

    Is there any more "material" of the original dump you may have?
    Anything that could help out

    The aim of this is try to improve at least the gfx of this game, I totally think its amazing , and getting this somehow working and a bit more playable, and share with the ng community

    Cheers and thanks
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  10. #560
    Edo Express Delivery Guy
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    344
    Just a thought, what possible NGH number would this have had? I know that the proto itself had NGH 094 (probably because it reused roms from the development of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer) but would SNK have ever designated a NGH to this game?

  11. #561
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonpt View Post

    Is there any more "material" of the original dump you may have?
    That's slightly insulting. Of course not, I don't withhold rom data.

  12. #562
    Scottish And Proud.
    We All Have Our
    Burdens To Bear.
    JockMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Auld Reekie

    Posts
    3,240
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    That's slightly insulting. Of course not, I don't withhold rom data.
    Yeah man, and why didn't you go back in time and change the batteries of the cards before you bought them? /sarcasm

    Ignore the entitled chodes, you've done god's work.

  13. #563
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    That's slightly insulting. Of course not, I don't withhold rom data.
    thats not what i meant, sorry

    i meant the original material you dumped, since, the rom i have from mame, was obviously modified ( like s1 part, where you had used from another game, etc)
    there's a lot of files on the mame rom that are not usual in an ng rom
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  14. #564
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    Just a thought, what possible NGH number would this have had? I know that the proto itself had NGH 094 (probably because it reused roms from the development of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer) but would SNK have ever designated a NGH to this game?

    i believe the game since it was in such early stages, never got his own NGH.
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  15. #565
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Any hints if this Japanese ( i think ..) makes any sense?

    anyone can read this?





    cheers

    this is one of the things i've been around...
    Last edited by dragonpt; 06-21-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  16. #566
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonpt View Post
    thats not what i meant, sorry

    i meant the original material you dumped, since, the rom i have from mame, was obviously modified ( like s1 part, where you had used from another game, etc)
    there's a lot of files on the mame rom that are not usual in an ng rom
    There is no "etc", only S1. The graphic and program files were not modified, period. The S1 is a mixture of several other games and was not a part of the original dump.

  17. #567
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    16,766
    Someone needs to learn some respect and also the edit feature.

  18. #568
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    dragonpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ネオジオCO、ポルトガル

    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    There is no "etc", only S1. The graphic and program files were not modified, period. The S1 is a mixture of several other games and was not a part of the original dump.
    I just noticed what happened, I had the memory of the *power bar* in-game, after reviewing YouTube old videos , now I got it (when you first show the proto on that convention)

    You riped that from some other game, fair enough makes sense now

    In my mind that was the original dump, I was thinking that somehow mame devs had either messed some stuff, or forgot to add some rom parts haha

    Cause one of the things I had been around was on recreating characters powerbars,as well as other things

    You miss understood what I mean, I never doubt of your work,..

    Cheers
    Last edited by dragonpt; 06-21-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

  19. #569
    ネオジオ
    massimiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    On the green!!

    Posts
    3,178
    I guess it is always nice having people interested in messing with the ng roms.. misunderstanding aside, maybe this work will be useful for your other projects or just to learn more about the platform... keep up the good work.
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

  20. #570
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    The textures are missing as well on the life bar and no one discuss this rubbish.


    She's complete! yeah man... C O M P L E T E ! As we wish the game being completed by FADE.

  21. #571
    Robert Garcia's Butler
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    1,283
    Why'd you have to bump this thread for... I somehow thought there was a Neo port of the adventures of Mike Dawson. I totally forgot Dragon's Heaven = "Dark Seed".
    Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't come pick up the thang-KOF98

  22. #572

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,994
    Why is it "rubbish"? Everything possible was painstakingly preserved.

    The really sad thing is it looks like the proto had sound, and that rom couldn't be preserved. The backgrounds are still awesome though.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

  23. #573
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    Why'd you have to bump this thread for... I somehow thought there was a Neo port of the adventures of Mike Dawson. I totally forgot Dragon's Heaven = "Dark Seed".
    For one reason, mame version is not exactly the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Why is it "rubbish"? Everything possible was painstakingly preserved.

    The really sad thing is it looks like the proto had sound, and that rom couldn't be preserved. The backgrounds are still awesome though.
    The rubbish mame version is not the same. Not this one in the video. I respect the work of this creator.
    And they need to fix a few charathers are incompleted.
    Last edited by geladobom; 10-10-2020 at 07:39 AM.

  24. #574
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Any progress for this game? Life bars and fix a few charathers? In mame still the same.
    Last edited by geladobom; 01-26-2021 at 04:48 PM.

  25. #575
    . kernow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    31,149
    Lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •