Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
MAME up and running, it seems. This was on my front page of Youtube

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Xacrow's old photos of those Neo-Geo prototype games show that the games do exist.. but, after so much time has passed, will anything more on them surface again?

I'm not an expert on Neo protos, but there's always a chance the games are -or were- simply left unfinished, hence why nothing more has popped up.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm not an expert on Neo protos, but there's always a chance the games are -or were- simply left unfinished, hence why nothing more has popped up.

Quite the opposite actually.
For the record, this is the first neogeo Proto to surface that was not complete.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
For the record, this is the first neogeo Proto to surface that was not complete.

Lol are you serious? Bang2Busters has a game breaking bug when you try to save to a memory card.

Zintrick has no music, You call those complete?

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Lol are you serious? Bang2Busters has a game breaking bug when you try to save to a memory card.

LOL, hardly game breaking... I've seen released games behave worse.

Zintrick has no music, You call those complete?

Super LOL... I... Shouldn't have responded to this, should I. I mean... You know Zintrick is... Never mind. Carry on.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I really want to download this game already. This thread spurred me to look up other protos and to my grave disappointment warlock of the fates isn't even available for download. Ahh man...

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've been waiting for the weekend to catch up to this whole thread, just amazing!
Thank you NeoTurfMasta for all the hard work to reveal this to the wide world! It blows my mind that something this mature remained completely unseen for so long, and twice over that it's now being preserved.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I'm sorta just relaxin'... but here's an observation...

It takes an unreleased proto... and lots of net exposure for some of our oldtyme members to post...

...I don't condone the lurking... it just seems a shame that people only feel the need to post when something like this happens instead of keeping the place alive... and ticking over...

xROTx

PS. Just sayin' you lurkin fooks...

What am I going to talk about? That you 2-timed me?

Wow! Really exciting news. What a cool find. Congrats NTM on finding this and getting it to work. And extra special thanks for sharing it here with everybody.

Probably just a coincidence, but something about the character portraits and sprites remind me a bit of Guardian Heroes on the Saturn.

I look forward to hearing more news about this as it develops!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Wow! Really exciting news. What a cool find. Congrats NTM on finding this and getting it to work. And extra special thanks for sharing it here with everybody.

Probably just a coincidence, but something about the character portraits and sprites remind me a bit of Guardian Heroes on the Saturn.

I look forward to hearing more news about this as it develops!

yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. the Gallo character looks very much like Han from guardian heroes. outside of design similarities, there is something to be said about the "line" weight and pixel rendering. There is something very Treasure about it.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. the Gallo character looks very much like Han from guardian heroes. outside of design similarities, there is something to be said about the "line" weight and pixel rendering. There is something very Treasure about it.

Totally agree, now that its been mentioned. Good observation.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Protos have different stages, this one is obviously in Alpha stage not even Beta. You can't expect all protos to be complete. When a game hits Alpha stage, that's when it's presented to the company if they want to greenlight it and continue production beyond Alpha. Depending on the company, they can accept demos for games that are anywhere from 40-75% complete. This game I am assuming was scrapped completely unless this romset isn't the most recent version and there were a lot of changes after it.