Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I keep refreshing this page - very anxious to see what this is all about. popcorn eating emoji

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I keep refreshing this page - very anxious to see what this is all about. popcorn eating emoji

broken-f5-button.jpg

xROTx

PS. This could be bad for someone... let's not jump to conclusions... YET....

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Yep. Turf gets fucked more then a $2 street walker. How he continues to be:

A. A nice guy
B. Helpful to this community

Is beyond me. I sincerely hope this is just a joke.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Shit. Yeah, I hope this is not true. If it is, I'm sure the community can do something about it.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
This is why we can't have nice things.

Also, I bet KP be trollin'.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
What on earth is this about?.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just had a quick look around and I can see the ROM has appeared on a site dealing with MAME ROMs (yesturday), its been given the name dragonsh. Really very sad if somone on this site was trying to sell it.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Not sure what happened but, consider the people the ROM was given to ie. MAME. I don't know what arrangements or conditions were given upon receipt but, consider the people you're dealing with here. The sky's the limit on what could possibly happen with it.

After all, these are the same people who freely host Raz's UNIBIOS for no charge in their database.

Jon

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Not sure what happened but, consider the people the ROM was given to ie. MAME. I don't know what arrangements or conditions were given upon receipt but, consider the people you're dealing with here. The sky's the limit on what could possibly happen with it.

After all, these are the same people who freely host Raz's UNIBIOS for no charge in their database.

Jon

Keyword there is "freely". Also, the only Unibios ROMs in MAME are the free ones.

I know there is some bad blood between Raz and MAME, but I seriously doubt the MAME devs are trying to sell NTM's ROM.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't think Tufty has an issue with the ROM being out there or he would not have given it to the MAMEdev. I think its more about the fact that someone has been trying to sell it or has sold it. Im not even sure if that is true or an unfounded rumor.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Keyword there is "freely". Also, the only Unibios ROMs in MAME are the free ones.

I know there is some bad blood between Raz and MAME, but I seriously doubt the MAME devs are trying to sell NTM's ROM.

All I'm saying is that I could see what might happen a mile away as soon as I heard the name HAZE. I'm not accusing him personally but, there are many people in that community, whom the devs can't control, that would love to make a quick buck off of Turfmaster's discovery.

Jon

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

Just to clear up, there is no bad blood between myself and the MAME project.

I really can't see somone in the MAMEdev selling the ROM either, I know there would be a few members of the dev who would be quite angry if that were ture. Its more likly that somone has been trying to sell it after they either got it off a MAMEdev or one of the sites that hosts the needed soon MAME roms.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Just to clear up, there is no bad blood between myself and the MAME project.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth then! I was referring to the inclusion of Phoenix ROMs, but I guess that is water under the bridge these days. :)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How long until this appears in the NEO Store in AES form?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
maybe a stupid question, but... is there any way to analyze those memory chips that held for so many years the same information, and recover it with professional decapping, electron microscope, etc? I know is power-backed ram but maybe same data for so many years made a small difference between a normal ram cell holding a "0" and one now with "0" but with a 20 year "1"