Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Holy shit, this looks great. Thank you for doing god's work on bringing us this.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Awesome job rescuing this proto and thank you for openly sharing it with the rest of the world. Private Proto-hoarding is abominable.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What a find, and it sounds like it was well deserved.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Amazing find Masta ! Thanks for taking the time to post the full story and break down, and for posting all those great pics.
The character designs are amazing I would have loved to seen this finished and released, please keep us posted as it unfolds further.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow nice B. At first glance it screamed VFG art style. Man, this is pretty cool of you dude. Thanks a bunch.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Awesome score, thanks for sharing it with the community.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Game booted. I think I sat there staring at the screen in complete shock as to what I was seeing. Woke my wife up, she said "cool" and went back to sleep.

I'm honoured to be put in the same category as your missus...

Thx for waking me up this morning... I was going to kick you in the balls...

...BUT seeing as you posted this... I'd prob be in for a world of hurt if I War Room Locked you...:D

DAMN... You really know how to play the Ng.com Game Gordo pal:p

xROTx

PS. However, I must confess... I'm pretty impressed by this... and well.. usually takes a lot to impress me man:D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Very nice to see! It's a real pity about the lost data but I think what you have managed to salvage is just awesome. Looking forward to a release :)

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Awesome score, NTM, thanks for sharing it and the story with the community. So great to see this fall into the hands of someone with the skill and knowhow to reclaim it from the dead (and then not hoard it to themselves). Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey guys, I'm one of the privileged individuals that was at the reveal for this monumentous and historical event. I was standing right in front and got some good video that is over 16 min long. I'll upload it and link it for you guys.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Nice. That is a very nice surprise indeed :)

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have had a chance to look through all the pictures and videos now.

I would say there is a good chance only one patch is required to get the game out of its boot to dev mode and running normally with attract mode etc. It's only dependant on the point in the development cycle this version is and if these things are in there. Once I have a copy of the game I will have a quick look, should only take a few minutes to find out.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
What an amazing find! Thank you so much for documenting the whole thing. It's a shame that some of the stuff was lost, but that how it goes. That HeadCounter guy is incredibly bad-ass looking.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder if there's another copy of this game. I remember when B2B was discovered and then another copy with the flash cards surfaced on ebay.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
After all these years, another Neo Geo game found! Amazing!