Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Geese's Thug

I'd be ALL over an AES cart for this.....maybe the chances for that will improve once music and so on gets added? I can't do anything like that, sadly, but best of luck to everyone who'd be willing to try! Fingers crossed.

Tech Support Moderator

Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.

Astra Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JMKurtz View Post
    Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.
    Yehhh

My wife doesn't let me ...

Haha

BTW: just saw an old post with your devkit, will give it a look

I'll try starting with adding some music, chars sounds
    Already know how to convert those tracks ...

I have a new CD as well, need to research how neo-pc works to load modified ROMs to it

Need to check what's the best/faster way to try out modifications if via neo-cd or via mame
    Last edited by dragonpt; 12-02-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

Geese's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
    I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
    I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.
    Updating the graphics is totally possible, but improving/completing the gameplay is probably a pipe dream.

Thread Information