Let's see what this DDP gets up to.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
One just went for about $650 on YAJ, with art iirc.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Is anyone here bidding on the ESPRade? Cause I'm not about to get into a bidding war.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Is anyone here bidding on the ESPRade? Cause I'm not about to get into a bidding war.

Might wanna PM Mickey - he's been looking for one too. He may have bid on it.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Thanks for looking out, but I won't be bidding. $500 is my limit that I won't go past.

This auction is stupid. There has been one regularly listed on ebay at $600 for months. I'm expecting this one to miraculously eclipse that, and cause the old one to immediately get a bid.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Hacha Mecha jumped another $100 in the last second too

I'm happy for Al that he will pay some bills and make some cash, but this is nuts for the hobby :crying:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Unreal.
A bare Ibara kuro for $ 1500, sold fast last week, soon STV will be the cheap option .

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
That feeling when you've realized you paid over $1,000 for a video game.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
That feeling when you've realized you paid over $1,000 for a video game.

What'll be worst is when the bubble pops and it's not worth anywhere near there anymore...

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Tell me more about this bubble.

3767510926_afab612d8c.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looks like I'll be sticking with the Saturn version I got for 1% of this price.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, I can't see the "bubble popping". Some serious stuff would have to go down in the world in general. There are more gamers in the world now than ever, more exposure for games (youtube, twitch, etc). There are thousands of DDPs out there and it's one of the best in the genre- is it really just going to stop being worth money overnight? Emulation is great these days, but to some, it's not perfect and can only really get closer than it is but won't be able to be the same as physical goods in hand on actual equipment to some of the people out there.

All of this comes from me- I don't like the prices getting all silly, but I really don't think that everything is just going to tumble to nothing. Still quite a surprise that DDP hit 1k so frequently lately. Makes me wonder why Cave doesn't do more with their IPs if their old stuff is so pricey these days.

Open to counter points though.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah, I can't see the "bubble popping". Some serious stuff would have to go down in the world in general. There are more gamers in the world now than ever, more exposure for games (youtube, twitch, etc). There are thousands of DDPs out there and it's one of the best in the genre- is it really just going to stop being worth money overnight? Emulation is great these days, but to some, it's not perfect and can only really get closer than it is but won't be able to be the same as physical goods in hand on actual equipment to some of the people out there.

All of this comes from me- I don't like the prices getting all silly, but I really don't think that everything is just going to tumble to nothing. Still quite a surprise that DDP hit 1k so frequently lately. Makes me wonder why Cave doesn't do more with their IPs if their old stuff is so pricey these days.

Open to counter points though.

Cave just seems interested in the mobile/micro transaction field right now and really don't seem to concerned with old IPs which I find quite sad actually. Plus on top of that, the fact that some of the source code is just lost to history. So sad.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
DDP is the best shooting "danmaku" ever created.

People bitched when I said it was selling for over $500.

ESPRade is what surprised me. Fuck.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
DDP is the best shooting "danmaku" ever created.

People bitched when I said it was selling for over $500.

ESPRade is what surprised me. Fuck.

Yeah dude. ESPRade was a $150 FOREVER that surprisingly turned to the $250 range this past year. These auctions make me really thankful I bought what I did when I could.