Killer Instinct 3 (PC)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Just returned from a longer journey without Internet and found that KI3 has been released for PC now - after my Windows decided that it required an update of the OS to the latest Version, I'm now downloading a whopping 21,7 GB - anyone who has tried the game yet on PC and can give some feedback or is looking for some online play in the next weeks? (I'm a total scrub at KI btw)

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Getting it running online might be a bit of a trick. You need to make sure your windows firewalls are turned on. Also another problem occurred is if you have issues with your Teredo address which can be found on the xbl app on windows 10. Go to settings (the cog), network (antenna wire) and look and see if your Teredo address is okay. If not follow the instructions.

My problem was the firewall. I just got done playing casual matches and it works pretty good. Took about a minute to find a match. There's plenty of new people on so you won't feel too overwhelmed. The connection is better then SFV even if you fix the v-sync issues IMO.

I just picked up the game myself, before this I played 30 minutes at Galloping Ghost Arcade, but I'm totally noobish on it. Just maining Jago right now since he's who I played in the originals, but I might pick up Orchid or TJ Combo soon since I also used to play them. Tried Fulgore but I seriously sucked w/ him.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Didn't try online play yet but considering to buy it if 2 of my RL pals get it - I did like the training mode and what can I say... I'm a noob that loves high combo counters so I like this game ;)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
LemonyVengeance - the man beaten with the stick his own hands built ;) yeah we can defenitely schedule something.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I picked it up for the PC as well. So far I like it for the few matches I have done. I still need to get my head around the combo system. I have been surprised how well it runs on my lowly GTX 750 TI.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
It's true what they say about the combo system. Easy to learn, difficult to master. The combo/shadow breaker mechanic makes this game so much better than street fighter IMO. frustrating, but much better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is great news. I've been waiting for this to come out on pc. Currently downloading, 22gb left.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I picked it up a few weeks ago, didn't play sfv again till this week when guile came out.

I kept trying to break ryu's lk manual linkers.

Different kind of mind games. I like how you are still actively engaged in the game while you are getting comboed. It's fun trying to react to autos, linkers, and shadow moves.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sooooo... where can this game be purchased? I can't seem to find it. IIRC I believe it requires Windows 10. Is that confirmed? I am running Windows 8.1c and I'm not looking to upgrade at the moment.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
The Microsoft App Store in Windows 10. Sadly you do need to be at the latest version of Windows 10 to run it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
yep. after playing KI, SF (to me) is BORING.

This is so true. I'm not good at either game but I'm having a blast with KI. Going to play with Fulgore for a bit before throwing down any cash for more characters.

CACACACACOMBO Breaker!

Last edited:

Trinitron

n00b
Does this game go on sale? Id like to purchase the ultimate edition on PC at some discount.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I just installed this and am enjoying it more than sfv

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Really wanna check this out. I don't have an Xbox 1 and I'm not about to install Win10 just yet so I guess I gotta wait some more.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly it's a good game, but kinda falls for the Guilty Gear trap. You end up binge playing it and have a blast thinking it's a great game. Then for some reason you just set it to the side and don't play it for months on end until you get that itch and binge play again repeating the process.

IMO it will never be a main game you play (for most at least) but always considered a damn good one. I just can't put my finger on what it's missing.

Lemony Vengeance

Honestly it's a good game, but kinda falls for the Guilty Gear trap. You end up binge playing it and have a blast thinking it's a great game. Then for some reason you just set it to the side and don't play it for months on end until you get that itch and binge play again repeating the process.

IMO it will never be a main game you play (for most at least) but always considered a damn good one. I just can't put my finger on what it's missing.

That "playable on PS4" badge?

Lemony Vengeance

I kid :)

Although truthfully I do hear a lot of locals say "Man, that KI is great, but since it's on Xbox one/Requires me to install windows 10 I'm not touching it. too bad it's not going to be on PS4".

This really pisses me off.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Tell me about it. I've been waiting for 3 years now for Microsoft to give me a reason to buy a XB1. KI was not reason enough since I barely touched it in the arcade. Dead in 7 seconds kinda killed it for me.

It's really frustrating that this game is the only reason the FGC should want one. Everything else is on PS4.

Lemony Vengeance

well, capcom's partnership with Sony on SFV and the lack of an arcade version is going to kill that game. It really sucks that they partnered up with sony :(

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I don't think the partnership is killing it. Releasing a half made game then charging for every fucking piece they make of it (except story mode because let's face it that's all people want in a fighting game :rolleyes:) free options or not this is total bullshit.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I just don't really like sfv, I'd rather be playing KI...