KoF 98 available on Xbox One backward

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
what all does xboxone have going for it fighter wise? Just KI?
Hope ps4 gets some retro kof action too

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
what all does xboxone have going for it fighter wise? Just KI?

XB1:

KI (also on PC)
KOF98 UM (also on PC)
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

PS4:

SF5 (also on PC)
SF4 (also on PC)
GG Xrd (also on PC *)
KOF14 **

* GG Xrd Revelator version coming soon on PS4, no announcement for PC yet
** no word on exclusivity's extent

Both consoles:

MKX (also on PC with missing characters / content)
DoA5 (also on PC with missing character / content)
Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend (also on PC)
Tekken 7*
Skullgirls Encore (also on PC)

* announced for PS4 only so far but rumored to be on both consoles

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
XB1:

KI (coming to PC)
KF98 UM (also on PC)

PS4:

SF5 (also on PC)
GG Xrd (also on PC *)
KOF14 **
Skull Girls 2nd Encore (also on PC)

* GG Xrd Revelator version coming soon on PS4, no announcement for PC yet
** no word on exclusivity's extent

Both consoles:

MKX (also on PC with missing characters / content)
DoA5 (also on PC with missing character / content)
Tekken 7*

* announced for PS4 only so far but rumored to be on both consoles

There are a LOT of Backward compatible fighting games on the Xbox one, but this generation is pretty scant when it comes to titles. SFV being made by cap-Sony has a lot to do with that.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There are a LOT of Backward compatible fighting games on the Xbox one, but this generation is pretty scant when it comes to titles. SFV being made by cap-Sony has a lot to do with that.

Added Soul Calibur (SC2 is on PS3). Are there more?

Kou

Banned
98UM meh... I prefer KOF 98 UM FE on Steam.
But nice anyway

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There are lots more fighters, I dunno WTF but you're forgetting lots of PS4/3 releases although I know those games aren't for everyone.

XBOne, lol, there are some things that makes me want to get one but not right now, maybe way later...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
To clarify the list, I didn't include games that were available on both XBox360 and PS3 under the XB1 list. and I didn't add PS3 exclusives (like Battle Fantasia or whatever) because they are not backward compatible with PS4.

And added Blazblue lol.

Edit: meh, I modified the list to make it represent what can be played on XB1 vs PS4.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
The game isn't running to me :( got a message saying "This game might not be playable yet. If you're sure it's been released, restart your Xbox and launch it again. Otherwise, wait for the release date. (0x87e10007)"
Looked for this error nr and seems I need to wait till it's activated or something...
Dang, wanted to play KOF 98... heh

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
are they making the ONE and 360 games crossplatform? Or is there really no luck in that regards, dont think its working too well on sfv, between pc i mean

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Backwards compatible games are only console. Cross platform games are only Xbox One ones (like KI). SFV is working. KI works better, but I think a lot of SFV woes have to do with the idiots in charge of programming the Steam version. Once I did the fixes that you get on Reddit it plays significantly better except for the occasional shitty ass game.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Is it backwards compatible with disc based games?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
In case you haven't spent enough money over the years on this POS...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
In case you haven't spent enough money over the years on this POS...

PS2: Arrange Soundtrack
360: Best Online (kinda depressing)
PC: Final Balance Changes

Better differences then the same Metal Slug 3 shoved down everybody's throats over and over again.

Is it backwards compatible with disc based games?

Theoretically, yes, but haven't seen a disc copy of 98UM.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
KOF 98 is a terribly over rated piece of shit that is unworthy of spending any more of your hard earned dollars on it.

They should be concentrating on creating new, interesting games.. not shitty remakes of a shitty game with "enhancements" like SDM background flashes and endless alt characters.

Give me MOTW2.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
KOF 98 is a terribly over rated piece of shit that is unworthy of spending any more of your hard earned dollars on it.

They should be concentrating on creating new, interesting games.. not shitty remakes of a shitty game with "enhancements" like SDM background flashes and endless alt characters.

Give me MOTW2.
Perhaps 98 is overrated, but it's far from a "piece of shit." Why they keep rereleasing it with a facelift time after time is beyond me though, so I see your point. It's not like SNK is bringing in big bucks with it or anything. You'd think a new game would bring in much more coin, and if they want to rerelease an older game, they'd be better served to bring back one that hasn't been thrown out there so many times before as to generate more interest from their fans. I don't work in their marketing department though.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Give me MOTW2.

98UM is at least better then all the Metal Slug games, or Last Blade 2, or whatever else they want to churn out same as it was in the 90's with shit netcode. At least they spent SOME time with it and considering they made the game in '08 it's not like it's that new.

I agree with you that they need to focus on newer games, but the dumb shits at SNK think they have to make a $60 title with graphics befitting of the system that it's on every time. If they made a budget title that looks old school and sold it for $20 they would probably make more money then their current model considering more players are playing games that's graphics are PSX or older looking.

I'd love a proper release of MOTW 2, but recycle some of the sprites from MOTW make new ones for characters and some new moves and people would buy it. Fuck make a MOTW remix with the 98UM treatment and I would be happier then what we deal with. KOF is getting tiring when that's all we get. Excuse me that and Metal Slug.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
what is that awesome unofficial mod you talk of?