Thread: Anyone replace the caps in a 3-6 AES board.

Ukyo's Doctor

Anyone replace the caps in a 3-6 AES board.

Did anyone who replaced the caps in a 3-6 board, really notice any difference in the sound quality?

WTF did I do that? The audio for certain explosions or sound effects was off. The board did get a repair job previously after I purchased it. Just curious on anyone else's experience after replacing the caps?
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Talk to James, he'll hook you up with some knowledge
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Ukyo's Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    What caps did you swap out?
    I've only done a few, all below the cart slot, but I plan to do them all. I do a few and then rest to verify nothing was damaged. The AES solder points are a bitch to remove compared to fixing a cart lol.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by wyndcrosser View Post
    I've only done a few, all below the cart slot, but I plan to do them all. I do a few and then rest to verify nothing was damaged. The AES solder points are a bitch to remove compared to fixing a cart lol.
    If you replace the caps with good replacements with same specs, it shouldn't degrade the audio quality.

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.

I would like to get my hands on the proper cap kits for the 3-6 board as well, as I bought a few kits for the first revision AES (NEO-AES), and I also changed out the resistors in the back of the unit by the RGB lines and the improvement in pic quality was outstanding afterward. However, I can't find any place that sells these cap kits as packs for every model AES, and since I now plan to attempt to buy at least one AES of every revision, I would like to get cap kits for each model. Can anyone recommend a place that sells them for every unit, as well as upgrades for the RGB lines to improve on the picture quality? I really enjoy working on them, and this will give me something to do while waiting on other things to arrive.

Ukyo's Doctor

I replaced them all. I can you a list fakk2. It didn't resolve my issue, but it did help possibly. Looking at the YM chip now.

Thread Information