Need help with palette errors on Aerofighters PCB POST

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
I got an Aerofighters PCB from someone on KLOV and it's throwing me these errors on boot:

LXtO3L1.jpg

They never mentioned this in the sale so I'm just wondering if there's any easy troubleshooting I could do before I ask for a refund. I'm pretty new to arcade stuff and don't really know where to begin. The game seems to work fine, I have cleared it and saw no glitches or errors, but the errors at boot are worrying and moreso the fact that it wasn't disclosed.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
verify all the roms.

Do you mean dump them and verify against known good ones? Sadly I don't have the equipment for that. I'm wondering if this indicates a larger problem and if the board will start to gradually fail, or if I see no problems now then that's how it will stay. Basically wondering if I should return it for a full refund or get a partial and keep it because it works fine.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Obviously there is hassle with return/refund once a deal has gone down. It works fine you say? well I guess you only have to put up with these worrying signs on the memory check. Overall however this person did not make you aware of this issue, this is pretty shoddy when it comes to the sale of an item. I would argue full refund personally, you have been lied to.