MVS 4 Slot, game resets itself

I have had this MVS 4 slot close to 4 years now. I have replaced all buttons and microswitches, installed a new power supply with factory plugs and specs. I purchased a 161 in 1 multicart and I am having some issues with it. Cart boots up but once you pick a game, it shows as if it would play the selected game, then resets back to game selection screen. It does this no matter what game you select, it cycles through this.
Mother board along with slots has been cleaned, game contacts are shiny and clean.
I own a couple of games that play well with no issues like Metal Slug 1, Samurai Showdown 1 and 2, Aero Fighters2, Fatal Fury Special.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
HEY transam... at least put it in the right forum...

I mean.... what the hell did we tell you in chat?

xROTx

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have had this MVS 4 slot close to 4 years now. I have replaced all buttons and microswitches, installed a new power supply with factory plugs and specs. I purchased a 161 in 1 multicart and I am having some issues with it. Cart boots up but once you pick a game, it shows as if it would play the selected game, then resets back to game selection screen. It does this no matter what game you select, it cycles through this.
Mother board along with slots has been cleaned, game contacts are shiny and clean.
I own a couple of games that play well with no issues like Metal Slug 1, Samurai Showdown 1 and 2, Aero Fighters2, Fatal Fury Special.

We already gave you the answer on facebook. Get a single slot or get a new unibios and run the multicart by itself in slot 1.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
I have a mv-1fz and I recently picked up ms4 (legit cart) for some reason the game resets at random times. Would unibios also fix this problem?

Yours sounds more like dirty contacts. Check power and make sure you are getting 5 volts at the connector.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
Brand new cart I've tried everything I can think of. Some people told me to shave down the sides a bit seeing how they are just a tidbit longer than normal. I purchased the unibios chip anyways so hopefully thats an easy solution to my problem.