Need help from anyone who owns an Elgato Game Capture HD AND the analog video adapter...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I am trying to figure out what the pinout is for the AV jack on the Elgato. The unit comes bundled with a component adapter but not the analog video adapter. You can use the component adapter to capture composite video by just plugging it into the red lead on the component adapter. But I have a sneaking suspicion that I can plug s-video into the adapter as well, but just don't know which two of the three video leads the s-video signal would be pulled off of. So I am hoping that someone with the analog adapter could tell me which pins on the connector going into the Elgato are wired to chroma and luma on the s-video jack...

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I have the official adapter and could probably figure this out, but it might be a while before I can test it.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I have the official adapter and could probably figure this out, but it might be a while before I can test it.

Thanks man, but I actually figured it out. If you have an s-video to dual phono adapter cable (like you would use on a Commodore 1702 monitor), you can use it to pipe s-video in through the component cables. I forgot which 2 leads you plug in to, but it's easy enough to figure out again.