Ginga Force worth checking out?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Never played Eschatos and I saw this comes in a double pack. Videos make it look nice, but it's too pricey to check out blindly.

Anyone give it a shot?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Haven't personally played it but it has a following. Weapon customization and a bit of japanese text somewhat turned me off.

Eschatos is great thought, HIGHLY recommended.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Its OK. It reminds me of a blander version of The Ray series, without the missles. It has parts where is goes out of overhead and turns almost 3/4 screen...those parts I don't care for.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
It's a decent game. There are a number of features which may be considered annoying, such as weapon ammo that lowers your firepower and causing a boss timeout (which is a loss in some cases). Also the spotlight stage early on tends to piss people off. But stick with it and it'll eventually all make sense.

*checks amazon pricing* Looks like the double pack has gone up a bit, but still a good deal.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Sweet, I'll totally check out Eschatos.

While we're here, any feedback on Bullet Soul?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Awesome! I bought Shooting Love 200x and realized there are tons of great, non Cave 360 shooters.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
+1 for Infinite Burst. Very cool improvements over the original, plus it comes with the original game if you are curious about it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Sweet, I'll totally check out Eschatos.

While we're here, any feedback on Bullet Soul?

If you want bullet soul and i can sell you very cheap.
I forgot who sold me this game years ago and he's a nice dude

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ginga Force is pretty meh, I didn't really get into it 'cause I found it dull. Eschatos looks meh but I haven't played it yet. Bullet Soul Infinite Burst is awesome, OST is off the hook! The Dangunish medal mechanic is awesome too! BSIB beats all the other none cave shooters I have played so far. Do not bother with Bullet Soul Vanilla, is not worth it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nope, I just don't want my good pal splits falling for it and wasting his money. It's a mediocre game and useless to get when Infinite Burst is the better game and it includes the vanilla version if curious as stated before.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Nope, I just don't want my good pal splits falling for it and wasting his money. It's a mediocre game and useless to get when Infinite Burst is the better game and it includes the vanilla version if curious as stated before.

I hear you.
I got infinite burst and my first impression was oopppsss.....version 1.5

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Vanilla is boring, dull, uninspiring. Infinite Burst is faster, more frantic, great OST, throwback to the Raizing/Toaplan/Old Cave. I will say the game is a tad easy on the first 4 levels or so then it gets difficult, I hear some folks 1CCit with ease but I haven't 'cause my diligence leaves a lot to be desired although I haven't quite gotten serious with it yet. It's a great buy you own't regret it. LMK if you like to borrow it, you can come play some games and pick it up along with anything else you might be interested in or I could mail it if you're too busy. Just let me know, I'm down for whatever.