Hidden Characters Found and Unlocked in KoFXI

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
MetalliC has found two hidden characters in KOFXI that can be unlocked via a patch.

kfUt0hx.png
hr9Mz30.png

MetalliC said:
yes, it looks like time delayed unlock was planned for them as well, but for some reason this 2 chars was disabled. possible this is leftovers of planned at some stage of development but later dropped AW-NET service support, so the plan was to unlock them using cards and/or online, or they just too imbalanced to be playable, hard to guess.

From what I understand, the patch only works on Naomi hardware and emulators.

If anyone has tried it out, it would be interesting to hear thoughts on how these characters fare.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That's a pretty cool find there. Pity there doesn't seem to be a way to get them in the Atomiswave version. Though I'm sure they're broken alright ;)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Why can't you swap a rom on the Atomiswave cart? Is there a link to the patch?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member

The Atomiswave cart is encrypted, from what I understand. But if you could decrypt it, patch it, then re-encrypt it, it would probably work fine on Atomiswave too I'd imagine.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think the guy brought up the AW-net thing as a guess as to why these characters were included as unlocks while you have no way to access them.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Seriously. Not like there's a shortage of AW boots. I'd pay to get a copy with these two unlocked. Let's make this happen :)

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
If I remember correctly KOF XI had a time unlock. I remember Adelheid being available a month or so after the arcade had it. The question I have is why is this even wanted? If you want to play the bosses buy the PS2 copy or emulate it. They had even more then that available on it. All the mid bosses and bosses. Geese, Mr. Big, Hotaru, Robert, Mai, and Ex Kyo.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Man I never even knew there as a naomi version of this game.. How long after the atomiswave version was this?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
If I remember correctly KOF XI had a time unlock. I remember Adelheid being available a month or so after the arcade had it. The question I have is why is this even wanted? If you want to play the bosses buy the PS2 copy or emulate it. They had even more then that available on it. All the mid bosses and bosses. Geese, Mr. Big, Hotaru, Robert, Mai, and Ex Kyo.

Cause some of us have arcade setups and like playing on them. I mean, what I can't understand is if you don't want to hear people talking about stupid uses of money on ancient arcade hardware, why are you even on N-G.com? I mean, if we're just asking dumb rhetorical questions, I mean.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ So, getting bosses that are totally not supposed to be playable because they play like shit. A la Orochi is a big deal. Then going up and saying man I wish I could play them all the while if it's that big of a deal you can buy the f'n game for $15 or emulate it if you want to just try them out. Yeah that sounds brilliant.

I own AES and MVS that I get but I'm not bitching because I can't play the bosses on my MVS games. Even if there is a code I can give a shit because they play like shit and if it's that important to see them I can play the console port more times then not.

If you guys were spooging over Adelheid, Hayate, Gai, Silber, and Jazu it would make more sense because those WERE supposed to be available and actually are fun to play.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
If you guys were spooging over Adelheid, Hayate, Gai, Silber, and Jazu it would make more sense because those WERE supposed to be available and actually are fun to play.

The patch also unlocks all five time delay characters too, so it's not just the two listed in the OP.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I look at it sort of like the SvC boot that a lot of people find superior, simply because everyone is unlocked from the get. Completely unnecessary, but nice to have for people that give a shit about the AW. I'd be happy to have a boot of this. Especially since there are already a bunch of AW boots out there that can be snagged and converted without hurting a real cart.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Never have I despised a boss as much as I loved their BGM for those two.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Cause some of us have arcade setups and like playing on them. I mean, what I can't understand is if you don't want to hear people talking about stupid uses of money on ancient arcade hardware, why are you even on N-G.com? I mean, if we're just asking dumb rhetorical questions, I mean.

This!

Because emulation SUCKS. PERIOD.