[New Edition] Official Neo-Geo.com High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Gemant

Member,
In the West, because nobody uses macro systems or multiple autofire frequency, there aren't experts in this argument. So is difficult know how is useful for the score. I know the macro + autofire system in Sengoku 2, but I not have idea if it's necessary to obtain limit point score or not. I know that with autofire you can save the yellow power up (bomb), walk normally, attack enemies, and release the yellow bomb when you want. However also in shmups there are macros.

Anyway, because almost western high score project not accept autofire (Marp, TG, Aurcade, Retrouprising, cultura neo geo, mamescore, neogeofans, neogeo for life, rotaxmame, emu Rekordy, Retrogamer and Arca project) I have decides to not use. In western, only two databases will allow the use: shmups.com (US) and shmup.com (FR).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Anyway, because almost western high score project not accept autofire (Marp, TG, Aurcade, Retrouprising, cultura neo geo, mamescore, neogeofans, neogeo for life, rotaxmame, emu Rekordy, Retrogamer and Arca project) I have decides to not use. In western, only two databases will allow the use: shmups.com (US) and shmup.com (FR).

This is great! So my friend's (GES) Viewpoint high score is indeed the only (?) world record then. He used a generic old style Neo-Geo joyboard & triggered every nazo with a bomb. Impressive video that was. Would be nice to see that score posted some day.

Gemant

Member,
My last word is this: the term "world record" cannot use. Top Japan and Top western (of course if you use the rules without manipulation command) are the actual way to collect high scores.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My last word is this: the term "world record" cannot use. Top Japan and Top western (of course if you use the rules without manipulation command) are the actual way to collect high scores.

So there's no way to distinguish auto-/non-autofire Japanese scores? But we can assume that 90% of them are done with auto. And what about the list above: it differentiates between auto-/non-auto scores. Is this information not accurate? And why shouldn't Top Japan & Top western non-autofire scores be put together, if it is for certain, that they did not use auto?

Link: http://stormoid.com/gamest/a.html

Gemant

Member,
There aren't differentiation between auto/non-auto scores, except for about 75 games for unknown reasons. Players have the option to mention or less about autofire use (the comment is optional for the games without two separate scoreboard). So is impossible known if that score have auto / macro or not. Viewpoint is an exemple. Until 4,661,420 pts IMO-AT2 not used autofire. Then the game center manager had changed cabinet for this game, using the Operation Ragnarok cabinet (the cabinet had already preparing multiple autofire buttons). From that moment IMO-AT2 have used autofire....

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
From what i understand JHA score submission asks if you used autofire, macros or other custom controls.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There aren't differentiation between auto/non-auto scores, except for about 75 games for unknown reasons. Players have the option to mention or less about autofire use (the comment is optional for the games without two separate scoreboard). So is impossible known if that score have auto / macro or not. Viewpoint is an exemple. Until 4,661,420 pts IMO-AT2 not used autofire. Then the game center manager had changed cabinet for this game, using the Operation Ragnarok cabinet (the cabinet had already preparing multiple autofire buttons). From that moment IMO-AT2 have used autofire....

Thanks for your kind explanations. Still, I thought that IMO-AT2's non-auto achievement wasn't confirmed. Is this non-auto Viewpoint high score you stated 100% documented by video or photo?

Gemant

Member,
Is this non-auto Viewpoint high score you stated 100% documented by video or photo?

Video not exist, I'm sure 100%. Photo maybe, but I not have. 4,661,420 is published on Arcadia 30/07/2003. 4,677,390 is the first score published on Arcadia with comment "autofire used" from IMU, so at least at the beginning, I think the pattern (auto on/off) was the same.

However I can't sure 100% about nothing, because all my infos are based on few comments... and is difficult interpret. For this reason I can't confirm 4,661,420 as top score without autofire.

view.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
However I can't sure 100% about nothing, because all my infos are based on few comments... and is difficult interpret. For this reason I can't confirm 4,661,420 as top score without autofire.

A real pity that you can't confirm it, but I understand -- you have to be careful with such statements. After all, we weren't there & none of us knows IMU in person. Still, thank you very much for this Arcadia pic, I'll sure surprise GES with this one. Hahaha... ;).

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Not much love on this thread, where are the high scorers at?

Here's my take on Aero Fighters 3 tonight. Definitely far from world record, but it's a start.

Aero Fighters 3 - 1,549,200 - English - MVS - Stage 2-1 using Robo Keaton

IMG_1797_zpsmtacrh9l.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not much love on this thread, where are the high scorers at?

Here's my take on Aero Fighters 3 tonight. Definitely far from world record, but it's a start.

Aero Fighters 3 - 1,549,200 - English - MVS - Stage 2-1 using Robo Keaton

IMG_1797_zpsmtacrh9l.jpg

:snack:

Aero Fighters 3
Kidpanda - 1,612,800 - Stage 2-1 - Spanky -MVS - English

kHD68og.jpg

Last edited:

maldoror68

n00b
Hi Gemant (and all other NG.com members)

i broke your youtube paris-dakar thrash rally record :

video from yesterday (03'05"17)

pics from today (sorry no video) (03'04"49)

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,

I suggest you to make videos always, also for other players in your forum (exemple for Fatal Fury Special with Geese and Big Bear)....

In secret, from 1 year, I'm working on a document with all western top high-score for Neo Geo games, and your Thrash Rally (for now), Geese and Big Bear (FFS) are now the top western.

Last edited: