[New Edition] Official Neo-Geo.com High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Gemant

Member,
[New Edition]
Official Neo-Geo.com High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Neo_HS_Banner3.png

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES

To have your name entered into the Leader Board you must provide the following:

• You must be a registered member of Neo-geo.com.

• Play with 1 coin only.

• Play in MVS /AES version only (because Neo Geo CD version can have differences). Top Hunter is accepted only in MVS version. Please specify if it's EUR / USA / JAP version because there are regional differences in many games. [Games with demonstrated differences about scoring in EUR / JAP version are: ASO II (Alpha Mission 2); DUNK DREAM (Street Hoop); FLYING POWER DISK (Wind Jammers); MAGICAL DROP 2; MAGICAL DROP 3; NEO DRIFT OUT; NINJA COMMANDO; PREHISTORIC ISLE 2; SAMURAI SPIRITS (Samurai Shodown); SHIN SAMURAI SPIRITS (Samurai Shodown II); SHOCK TROOPERS; SOCCER BRAWL; SONIC WINGS 3 (Aero Fighters 3); STRIKERS 1945 PLUS; WAKU WAKU 7;]

• You must post a picture of your high score.

• Most importantly, game difficulty MUST be set at MVS default (usually is level 4 but in some games is NORMAL [Andro Dunos; Burning Fight; Puzzle Bobble; Sengoku; Viewpoint] or level 5 [Nam-1975; QUIZ MEITANTEI NEO & GEO] or level 3 [Ghost Pilots; Art of Fighting; Thrash Rally]). If on an AES it must be set to MVS level).

• When entering your name, please choose something that will prove that its you. Example: TonK <TNK> or Lord BBH <BBH>.

• Wolfmame is permitted, if you provide a complete video of the achievement.

• Autofire and macro are not permitted.

• If your score is defeated, you will not be notified, so please check back here for any updates.

• You may enter as many times as you want and for as many games as you want.

• This is a high score leader board, completed games are a great accomplishment, but do not count towards your ranking.

• If you need a photo hosted, use a free image hosting service such as ImageShack, Flickr, Photobucket or imageupload.

image.png

NEOCOM_1.jpg

NEOCOM2.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
(because Neo Geo CD version can have differences)

Can you tell me about the differences of Pulstar (CD vs. cart)? I heard the former is easier. Details please.

Also: It would be nice to have the world's best scores achievements as a reference to ours, maybe divided into asian/non-asian or at least Europe/world. There definitely should be a different list for scores done with autofire, too. Especially autofire scores of versus fighting games are an entirely independent highscore challenge and must be handled as such.

This sure will be exciting!

Gemant

Member,
Can you tell me about the differences of Pulstar (CD vs. cart)? I heard the former is easier. Details please.

Also: It would be nice to have the world's best scores achievements as a reference to ours, maybe divided into asian/non-asian or at least Europe/world. There definitely should be a different list for scores done with autofire, too. Especially autofire scores of versus fighting games are an entirely independent highscore challenge and must be handled as such.

I abandoned the neo geo cd world many years ago, so I don't remember details about differences, but many games have. I think is correct separating the Japanese record with all other. About a possible score list of western top, is very difficult because many scores in the web are fake / cheated, also here in neo-geo.com I remember some topic of presumed top western score discovered then fake (metal slug x is the first). The only chance is consider the site with wolfmame replay only.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't know how you plan to format the table, so I'm apologizing in advance for any superfluous information.

Sengoku 2 - 584,850 - ALL - JPN AES - MVS difficulty.

sengoku2score.jpg

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
How do you identify cart region if its a repro label?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Region is determined by your mobo, or set in Unibios if you have one.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I abandoned the neo geo cd world many years ago, so I don't remember details about differences, but many games have. I think is correct separating the Japanese record with all other. About a possible score list of western top, is very difficult because many scores in the web are fake / cheated, also here in neo-geo.com I remember some topic of presumed top western score discovered then fake (metal slug x is the first). The only chance is consider the site with wolfmame replay only.

All right, if you don't know any differences, there's no need to discard CD records. Once you know for sure, you can always reject them. But, of course, it's your private high score thread, so it's entirely up to you.

Japanese scores should be mentioned as a reference, i.e. they are automatically considered as being "seperate". It is incredibly important to know the possible limits, therefore they should be mentioned. But again, it's your private party and mines are only suggestions.

You did not respond to my atofire veto? Well, your versus fighting records are impressive, but if they're entirely based on auto, they should be "separated", too. Auto use on Blazing Star makes it a totally different game. Same goes for Viewpoint or, to a lesser extent, Andro Dunos. Versus fighter scores on auto are too exotic to be mixed up with non-auto ones. But if you don't agree, I on the other hand don't mind either. Your thread, your rules. Could still be interesting.

I don't care about fake scores, nor do you. What's the use of bringing this up anyway? Just take scores you're absolutely sure of, like Ben's. Or not.

BTW, this thread comes surprisingly sudden. What's the conceptual reason behind its creation, if any? Can't be only because editing our wiki is not possible anymore... I know that, as you often state yourself, your English skills are not that good, so if you don't feel like answering, just don't. I'll understand.

Gemant

Member,
All right, if you don't know any differences, there's no need to discard CD records. Once you know for sure, you can always reject them. But, of course, it's your private high score thread, so it's entirely up to you.

About Pulstar I remember my training in 1995 on CD. Then, after years (1999), I finally got the AES and I remember a difference in pattern and difficulty (more easy on CD). But in the meantime I had sold the cd so was impossible to make a comparison. I remember possible differences also in World Heroes Perfect. At the moment I can confirm differences 100% on: Thrash Rally, Metal Slug, Top Hunter, Kabuki Klash, Stakes Winner, Aggressors of Dark Kombat.

Japanese scores should be mentioned as a reference, i.e. they are automatically considered as being "seperate". It is incredibly important to know the possible limits, therefore they should be mentioned. But again, it's your private party and mines are only suggestions.

Japanese scores are an excellent way to understand the possible limit score in a game, but there is a problem: the control panels manipulation. These turn out to be heavily modified, with autofire, synchronizer or multi-frequency devices, mapped buttons, macros etc., that helps the player in obtaining scores optimized to the highest skill. This process of panels manipulation developed since the end of the 80s and it deepened year after year, until our time. Not all the records use or need such manipulations but is impossible know if some scores have a panel manipulation or not.

I think that the best way for western peoples is not use any manipulation, so I decided not to accept autofire, macro etc.

BTW, this thread comes surprisingly sudden. What's the conceptual reason behind its creation, if any? Can't be only because editing our wiki is not possible anymore... I know that, as you often state yourself, your English skills are not that good, so if you don't feel like answering, just don't. I'll understand.

Recently I returned to the neo geo high score after some big disappointments in real life.

Last edited:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Thankyou for bringing this back Gemant....i like a bit of competitiveness, & as soon as i get my Console i need to get some major playing in.:cool:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Recently I returned to the neo geo high score after some big disappointments in real life.

Sorry to hear that, but nevertheless, thank you for your explanations. I also knew Pulstar was easier on the CD, but could not find a definitive proof.

BTW, we have an NTM thread, I hope you'll accept my scores from there ;).

Should I post them here again?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Kidpanda

Aero Fighters 2 - 843,100 - 1-8 - Hi-En - MVS

9Cw67cl.jpg

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Kidpanda

Aero Fighters 2 - 843,100 - 1-8 - Hi-En - MVS

Nice one, Panda, I've been meaning to spend some more time with AF2.

I'll get it started with Prehistoric Isle 2:

PH2 - 46,113,400 - ALL - MVS USA

IMG_0710_zpsfx7y8yzb.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I know there's a particular member of this forum who has a score three times higher than this one, but I'll post mine anyways.

ninjacommando.jpg

2.429.810 - AES - andsuchisdeath - ALL - JPN

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Strikers 1945 Plus. This was done with autofire (why would this be disallowed for shmups?) and played on MAME. If that doesn't count so be it, but that's the only way I can play it now.

PEG - MVS - 1,597,000 - 2-5 - JPN
195u72pArcade-16405174623.png

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
No, I used MAME autofire although I believe there is a dip to enable it. Either way, autofire doesn't buy you that much in this game since you only have to tap at about 1 hz to achieve max fire rate.

Gemant

Member,
This night I add the new hi-scores. Autofire is not allowed in this new scoreboard. Also italian peoples used autofire until 2011. Then, after some important discovers from japanese players... I decided do not accept again about the "Western top score".

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
This night I add the new hi-scores. Autofire is not allowed in this new scoreboard. Also italian peoples used autofire until 2011. Then, after some important discovers from japanese players... I decided do not accept again about the "Western top score".

Can you elaborate on that, what "discovers" by Japanese players are you referring to?

Gemant

Member,
The problem of the most japanese high scores is the massive manipulation of the buttons and stick lever. Them not use a normal or generic autofire but autofire with perfect frequency for each game. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 buttons with different frequency, exemple: 15, 20, 30 shot for second. The perfect frequency is the key for many high scores. If you use a specific frequency the cpu responds to a specific way. This is fundamental in all fighting games. So is useless imitate them attempting to use a standard autofire, because it will be impossible comparate your scores with their. In other games them also use macro system (especially in fighting games). With this base they have got the extreme all scores. For this reason I separated the western scores with japanese scores.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The problem of the most japanese high scores is the massive manipulation of the buttons and stick lever. Them not use a normal or generic autofire but autofire with perfect frequency for each game. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 buttons with different frequency, exemple: 15, 20, 30 shot for second. The perfect frequency is the key for many high scores. If you use a specific frequency the cpu responds to a specific way. This is fundamental in all fighting games. So is useless imitate them attempting to use a standard autofire, because it will be impossible comparate your scores with their. In other games them also use macro system (especially in fighting games). With this base they have got the extreme all scores. For this reason I separated the western scores with japanese scores.

Yeah awhile back I intended to make mention of the auto command macro used for the Gamest Sengoku 2 score.

While it's nice to have the Japan top scores posted above, I suppose full contextual relevance can only be achieved through individually including each Japanese auto/macro denotation.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah but I think there is a pretty clear difference between using a generic autofire in a shmup compared to custom macros in a fighting game.