Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury 2

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Garou Mark Of The Wolves

Votes: 29 32.6%

• Total voters

MOLTOMOLTO

n00b
Tough call between RB2, RBFFS and Garou for me. Might have to go with RB2 though. My man Tung knows how to fuck shit up.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i remember making a big fuss about how fatal fury special was better than street fighter 2 when i first joined the forums. many disagreed, and the one's that did agree, kept there mouths shut lol. my opinions may have changes a little since then, but fatal fury special does deserve all the love it gets.

why don't you try getting into real bout 2, aj?. i absolutely adore real bout special, but real bout 2 has to be my favourite fighter in the series in terms of gameplay. what do you think of rb2?

Talking about super old school fighters id say super turbo has the edge over FFS, but they are both up there for me. I have alot more fun playing FFS than ST, but ST def has more depth to it and is more competitive.
Ive been playing more of FFS and RBS when I have time on fightcade. But RB2 is what got me into the series. I liked the animation, the flow of the game. I have gotten much game time with it, but I used to watch alot of random match vids on youtube while i ate during my lunch break. RB2/RBS have the sexiest looking Mai IMO, those thighs lol.
Besides fightcade i dont really get a chance to play my neo fighters vs a human opponent. Everyone is into Street fighter/capcom games or Tekken. I know tekken isnt that big, but for years I rolled with Tekken players since T3.
I really like RB2 and am down to play some against you on FC. Ill probably get my ass whooped but its a learning experience and I dont get salty or turned off at a game cause i get owned or there is such a huge experience difference due to the game being out for many years already.

That goes for any guys on here, im down for FFS, RBS and RB2 matches. I try to get ppl started up on FC as much as possible.

We had some good matches last time, and for being so far away the lag was not bad at all.

Tough call between RB2, RBFFS and Garou for me. Might have to go with RB2 though. My man Tung knows how to fuck shit up.

Man, I got ass raped by a Korean player named soda at FFS with Tung, so much damage and dizzy combos.

I used to like MOTW, but after playing these other FF titles motw just doesnt feel at home. Its a really fun game, but I guess MOTW is to Fatal Fury the way Third Strike is to Street Fighter 2. There are similarities but alot of differences and the characters ppl love in FF arent there. But there is still a big following for MOTW. I need to polish up on that game, havent played it forever.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Talking about super old school fighters id say super turbo has the edge over FFS, but they are both up there for me. I have alot more fun playing FFS than ST, but ST def has more depth to it and is more competitive.
Ive been playing more of FFS and RBS when I have time on fightcade. But RB2 is what got me into the series. I liked the animation, the flow of the game. I have gotten much game time with it, but I used to watch alot of random match vids on youtube while i ate during my lunch break. RB2/RBS have the sexiest looking Mai IMO, those thighs lol.
Besides fightcade i dont really get a chance to play my neo fighters vs a human opponent. Everyone is into Street fighter/capcom games or Tekken. I know tekken isnt that big, but for years I rolled with Tekken players since T3.
I really like RB2 and am down to play some against you on FC. Ill probably get my ass whooped but its a learning experience and I dont get salty or turned off at a game cause i get owned or there is such a huge experience difference due to the game being out for many years already.

That goes for any guys on here, im down for FFS, RBS and RB2 matches. I try to get ppl started up on FC as much as possible.

We had some good matches last time, and for being so far away the lag was not bad at all.

Man, I got ass raped by a Korean player named soda at FFS with Tung, so much damage and dizzy combos.

I used to like MOTW, but after playing these other FF titles motw just doesnt feel at home. Its a really fun game, but I guess MOTW is to Fatal Fury the way Third Strike is to Street Fighter 2. There are similarities but alot of differences and the characters ppl love in FF arent there. But there is still a big following for MOTW. I need to polish up on that game, havent played it forever.

I was about to just post something similar. I dont even consider MOTW a Fatal Fury game. Its just Mark of the Wolves. For me its hard to choose between Fatal Fury 3, and Real Bout Special and 2.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3 for story and personality, RB2 for gameplay and roster, and FF1 for purely self indulgent retro feels.

All Fatal Fury games are excellent in their own way.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Dupe. Please delete.

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I feel like FFS is the best from early days. 1,2,special.
RBS is best with the mid release stuff (ff3,rb,rbs,rb2)
Garou is its own beast.

RBS right here for me. Garou the very close runner up.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Not going to pretend I've touched the series in the latter years, but I did know the first set of them fairly well and I enjoyed FF Special most so I gave it the vote. I can't recall it as well as I once did, but recently I got both the Game Gear version which seems ok, but sadly the 161in1 cart I got only has the original which is fairly rough, not by any poor limits as terribly rough as Street Fighter 1 was, but still.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well worth the money and effort to pick up the MVS carts for the whole series. With the exception of MOTW (which you can play the somewhat broken beta of on the 161 cart), they're all fairly cheap and easy to get.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Well worth the money and effort to pick up the MVS carts for the whole series. With the exception of MOTW (which you can play the somewhat broken beta of on the 161 cart), they're all fairly cheap and easy to get.

This, especially since prices are rising. Now is the time to get some of those Fatal Fury titles. FF1 and FF2 can be had for cheap but the rest are getting to be mid $30 range and higher for loose mvs carts. Im holding out to buy a MOTW cart, im just hoping someone will sell one cheap on one of the forums. Im not paying top dollar for that game, my 161 will do for now. Def want one in gamer condition cause that what i do with them anyway.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
No RBFFS Dominated Mind? I actually like the move set and lack of line change. White is a pretty neat boss. Excellent Cut scenes. The only game where Alfred ( although I am not a fan) is playable and Blue Mary has a different stance/sprite.

Very unique game. Totally worth the $12 I spent.

Besides Dominated mind... A toss up between Garou and RB2

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
No RBFFS Dominated Mind? I actually like the move set and lack of line change. White is a pretty neat boss. Excellent Cut scenes. The only game where Alfred ( although I am not a fan) is playable and Blue Mary has a different stance/sprite.

Very unique game. Totally worth the $12 I spent.

Besides Dominated mind... A toss up between Garou and RB2

The super cancels with the red screen flash were bad ass. Most supers were qcfx2 as well. Much easier on my hands when I didn't have a stick for psx.

The boss brings new meaning to snk boss syndrome. Cheap ass bitch.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
This, especially since prices are rising. Now is the time to get some of those Fatal Fury titles. FF1 and FF2 can be had for cheap but the rest are getting to be mid $30 range and higher for loose mvs carts. Im holding out to buy a MOTW cart, im just hoping someone will sell one cheap on one of the forums. Im not paying top dollar for that game, my 161 will do for now. Def want one in gamer condition cause that what i do with them anyway.

I guess I wish I had signed up and found a cabinet earlier. I'm coming off giving two shits about old pre-21st century Nintendo console games and it's a rape and pillage fest of the wallet for a good 5 years strong now at an increasing predatory pace. To me feeling bad an arcade board(cart) costs $30 is minor considering the garbage I was swimming in. Personally going into it I felt I'd be paying $100+ for most arcade games of any decent quality so when I see quite a few closer to the $30-60 range I'm pleased -- and then of course that lot I got had the 161in1 in it so that helps immensely too. Shame I'm too nervous to try and do that sound fix on it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I guess I wish I had signed up and found a cabinet earlier. I'm coming off giving two shits about old pre-21st century Nintendo console games and it's a rape and pillage fest of the wallet for a good 5 years strong now at an increasing predatory pace. To me feeling bad an arcade board(cart) costs $30 is minor considering the garbage I was swimming in. Personally going into it I felt I'd be paying $100+ for most arcade games of any decent quality so when I see quite a few closer to the $30-60 range I'm pleased -- and then of course that lot I got had the 161in1 in it so that helps immensely too. Shame I'm too nervous to try and do that sound fix on it.

Those console prices are outrageous , mean you can dig deep in your pockets if you want and go the AES route. lol I really wish i had just started collecting carts back in 03. I had interest and really wanted a neo cab and knew i would grab one someday. Too late for that now, but im not trying to acquire the whole library just mainly fighters and afew others. The 161 def helps for when i have company

Fygee

20 Year Member

The one on the 161 cart is an incomplete beta version, so technically you're not getting the real deal with it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, I know, it's not my fav out of the series and I don't really play it much. It's good enough to hold me over. Plus if I want to play against someone I'll just use fightcade anyway.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Those console prices are outrageous , mean you can dig deep in your pockets if you want and go the AES route. lol I really wish i had just started collecting carts back in 03. I had interest and really wanted a neo cab and knew i would grab one someday. Too late for that now, but im not trying to acquire the whole library just mainly fighters and afew others. The 161 def helps for when i have company

No doubt it's why I bailed. It wasn't easy quitting a hobby that started in 1985 and buying old from 1995 but screw that. I've settled on the fact I'm going to keep what I got at retail in the 80s and 90s and maybe 5% if that of what I got after that point which I really found myself to enjoy a lot and that's all. I've been shelpping a LOT of games and hardware on various private forums and ebay consistently for the last 5 years. It has bought me happiness not having to put up with the crap, but also things I use and enjoy far more from tablets, laptops, and a pair of pinball tables (of which the ghetto-ish one paid for my MVS setup with 10 games.) I have no regrets bailing, couldn't care less if the stuff still goes up in price as it's getting too scarce at a fair price anymore. Gameboy all the way when I want a Nintendo game now that isn't a ripoff short of buying krikzz everdrives.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
FFS all day got to love that powerful ass Ryo.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Gotta be FF3. It may not have had as many characters as FFS, but that jumping into the foreground AND the background was fucking crazy, and it just had the best feel to me.

Also, am I the only one who hates all of the real bout games? I need my fighting games to have as many buttons as possible, and the switch from four to three really threw me off.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
i remember making a big fuss about how fatal fury special was better than street fighter 2 when i first joined the forums. many disagreed, and the one's that did agree, kept there mouths shut lol.
I've always agreed with that. The SF that FFS directly competed against was The first Super Street Fighter. And I think FFS is clearly better than that game.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I've always agreed with that. The SF that FFS directly competed against was The first Super Street Fighter. And I think FFS is clearly better than that game.

Ive never payed attention to the timeline, ppl always say FFS vs SSF2T. I dont even remember how the orginal super played. lol

how it usually worked in snk at the time was, they would wait and see what capcom was releasing, and then counter it with their version/equivalent of the game. the fans may of compared certain snk games to other capcom titles that wasn't intended to compete with, because of the one year time gap between the releases. but i believe fatal fury special was intended to compete with street fighter 2 champions edition and sf2 turbo.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
wish i was 15 instead of 5 in 1990, wouldve gotten to experience the capcom/snk era. I just got sloppy seconds once i was older, I always liked SNK even though it wasnt a popular opinion in my area. lol