Puzzle Bobble

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Gday guys
I have 3 PB carts for sale which a member requested me to open them up and check.
Checked the Mvs Scan guide and couldn't match them.
So here are the pictures of the three carts and can anyone clarify if they are boot or No Boot.
IMG_6446 (765x1024).jpgIMG_6448 (765x1024).jpgIMG_6450 (765x1024).jpg

Cheers
Dragonlee

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
All of them are boots but the last one takes the cake!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Most PB games are teh boots, the 2nd one is particularly interesting with the daughterboard. Can you post a higher res photo of that?

Also, when opening MVS carts don't fold the shell over you'll needlessly create a crease in the label.

Ray

New Challenger
When legit carts use EPROMs they usually have a white sticker on them stating the NGH number, and they never use EPROMs for all the ROMs.

I'm still wondering whether Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move carts exist without any EPROMs. There have been reports of them existing, but mvs-scans doesn't have one. Seems like by far most legit PB carts used Power Spikes II as a sacrifice.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
yeah, puzzle bobble is supposedly one of the most bootlegged mvs carts. a guy on youtube bought five copies before he actually came across a legit cart.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
When legit carts use EPROMs they usually have a white sticker on them stating the NGH number, and they never use EPROMs for all the ROMs.

I'm still wondering whether Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move carts exist without any EPROMs. There have been reports of them existing, but mvs-scans doesn't have one. Seems like by far most legit PB carts used Power Spikes II as a sacrifice.

Yeah I've never seen one with all mask ROMs, not sure they exist. It's kind of hard to believe they used that many EPROMs but I suppose it's entirely possible.