Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

Bashful Neophyte

ordered mine today looking forward to installing it, MV1A board so pre socketed should mean a simple install

NEST Puppet

Having a look at the different japan MVS bios in MAME, i was wondering if the vs-bios allows to start a game on player2?

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

yes it does on the games that support it.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

NEST Puppet

Was the vs-bios released before the j3 bios and if so, do the games released in between support it?

I do not know the answer to this.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Crazed MVS Addict

Raz, is there anywhere on the internet that has a database of the cheats found on the unibios? I find it mainly fascinating to see which fighting games have character unlock options. I find it stunning how the unibios can do that, allow you to play as say Orochi in kof97 is just mindblowing.

There is not sorry.

NEST Puppet

From what i've seen with the j3 bios all the games starting from Samsho3 support it. Are the vs-bios and j3 bios the only 2 stock japan MVS bios that allow to start on player2?

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Not sure if this is just bad programming in the game, or an issue with the UniBios so I decided to post it here for clarification.

MVS MV-1C
    UniBios 3.3
    Settings: USA, Console

When playing Rage of the Dragons in Console mode then choosing "Practice", for both 2P characters select "No One" and pressing "Start"results in the below error:

I verified this also happens in MAME with UniBios 3.2. Is this just bad programming in the sense that the game should never let you choose "Start" with no 2nd player characters selected? I was hoping to start a practice match where I could try out moves without being attacked by the CPU.

If it happens in MAME also then yes it is.

Timid Neo Newbie

Ordered mine with Raz a few days ago. I have a 3.2 in my mv1-b and decided to install one in my cmvs.
    Looking forward to receiving it and installing it in the upcoming days

Crazed MVS Addict

Might sound like an odd question, but to those with unibios and SVC Chaos, are the two PS2 secret characters playable characters made available through cheats (Athena and Fire Brand)?

I think athena is but not sure about the other. You need to be in AES mode to unlock them.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    I think athena is but not sure about the other. You need to be in AES mode to unlock them.
    Thanks for the info!

I think Firebrand may be his PS2 name, I think on the Neo Geo he was called Red Arremer if I'm not mistaken.

Crazed MVS Addict

I tested a bunch of fighters (including all KoF titles) with the Unibios for the character unlock cheats to see what was available, almost everything I threw at it had all characters playable which is really amazing (hard to stress how incredible a feature this is).

The only two that I found where the bosses don't seem to be playable are King of Fighters 99 (Krizalid only) and King of Fighters 2000 which has no character unlock cheats at all. I guess that game got the least love. In AES only Kula is playable but no Zero. Is KoF2000 one of your least favorites Razoola?

Really not essential but as a huge King of Fighters 98 fan I would have found it fun if Omega Rugal were selectable through the regular Start + cursor over Rugal code in MVS via a unibios cheat, but unfortunately that's not there.

Last Blade also has a mistake in the Unibios on the MVS side, there is an option for Unlocking Musashi (I think his name is mispelt too) and Kagami, but apparently Kagami is not playable in MVS. In AES mode this cheat works properly and both characters are selectable.

For a short run down of what I tried here's what's unlockable:

King of Fighters 94: Rugal (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

King of Fighters 95: Saisyu and Omega Rugal (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

King of Fighters 96: Chizuru and Goenitz (in mvs and aes) -- All characters playable

King of Fighters 97: All of them, including Orochi (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

King of Fighters 98: No character cheats --- All characters playable in AES

King of Fighters 99: Kyo and Iori (in mvs and aes) --- Krizalid not playable

King of Fighters 2000: No character cheats --- Zero not playable

King of Fighters 2001: Zero, Igniz playable but with issues --- All characters playable (some issues)

King of Fighters 2002: Omega Rugal (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

King of Fighters 2003: All of them including Adel and Mukai (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

Last Blade: Musashi in MVS, Musashi and Kagami in AES --- All characters playable in AES mode

Last Blade 2: Kouryu and Hagure (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

Garou Mark of the Wolves: No character cheats --- All characters playable in AES

Samurai Shodown: Amakusa playable in both mvs and aes --- All characters playable

Samurai Shodown II: Mizuki and Kuroko playable (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

Samurai Shodwon IV: Zankuro playable (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special: No character cheats --- Nightmare Geese not playable (except via manual codes)

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: No character cheats --- Alfred not playable

Ninja Masters: Ranmaru and Nobunaga playable (in mvs and aes) --- All characters playable

Sengoku 3: Byakki and Okuni playable on character select --- All characters playable from start of game

Wish I had some more to test (such as SVC Chaos). Love that Razoola took the time to create these awesome character unlock cheats, now one of my favorite aspects of the Unibios. I was stunned when I first tried it on KoF97 and found Orochi playable. As a younger teenager that was like a dream of mine, and unfortunately was only possible on the Playstation port and Neo Geo Pocket in R1. Now we have some other real stunners, like KoF2003 allowing the use of all the hidden characters. It's amazing.

EDIT: I added Sengoku 3, despite not being a fighter, since it has character unlocks.
    Last edited by Doom; 02-08-2017 at 11:32 AM.

The Last blade spelling is on purpose as there is not enough space on the line for the correct spelling.

There is no cheat that I know of that allows both kof2000 / rbff2 etc bosses to be unlocked on the character select screen. If you know one please let me know and Ill see if I can add it.

Crazed MVS Addict

Thanks Razoola for the answer. If I can try more games I will edit and add to the list above so we have some sort of list of reference of what games have what character unlocks. Eventhough it's not a fighter I added Sengoku 3 since it has 2 character unlocks. So great that one can play as them before getting to the second half of the game.

Are codes found via dip switches or is it trial and error in the unibios cheats?

The codes I got were found by disassembly and debuggers.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    The codes I got were found by disassembly and debuggers.
    Sounds like something I wouldn't have the skills to be able to help with. :/

Not sure if this does anything for this cause but looking at dip switch manipulations, it looks like there is a way to play as Krizalid in 99 and Zero in kof2000:

http://www.neo-geo.com/wiki/index.ph...omas_Giboin.5D

I mean cheats to unlock characters on the select screens. Its easy to force characters (including bosses) using the unibios patch engine option already.

Crazed MVS Addict

I see. It's amazing that you found how to get that done for some of those titles, like the invisible character selection blocks in 03, and 97 with Orochi in the invisible bottom center.

NEST Puppet

Is there a kof99 cart revision that lets you play as Krizalid 1st and 2nd form from the start?

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by gamerwhat View Post
    Is there a kof99 cart revision that lets you play as Krizalid 1st and 2nd form from the start?
    Apparently there is, I found a video of it here, called King of Fighters 99 Super Plus.
    https://youtu.be/iOfMf_NwKrA?t=26s

Looks like Krizalid both forms appear between Kyo and Iori on the menu screen.

I'm not a fan of hacks but cool to know this exists. Too bad this can't be implemented into the Unibios.
    Last edited by Doom; 02-08-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I've been putting off getting UniBIOS for my cabinet. Having seen how the releases had been rolling out I figured I'd wait and see when 3.4 would pop up but as of yet it has not. Is a newer release coming anytime soon? Yes I know there's a replacement plan for 5euro, but it would stink to order, then have it out date a month or two later.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Thread Information