Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
No plan to release a new version just yet.

Raz

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
When you want to save on a full memory card and the system asks to delete a save, what happens if the save you delete is too small? Also can you remove and insert a new card at this time?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You need to delete another save until there is enough space. No idea if the system supports changing the card at that point.

Raz

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Not sure if i should post here or in neosd thread but i just discovered the unibios menu is totally scrambled in zintrick on my neosd aes , however the game is working fine and that's the only one affected by this issue on those i tested for now .

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
This is because the version of zintrick you are using is a poor hack with incorrectly set up graphics and data. Use the other version.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Ok thanks fo the info Raz , that other version seems not supported by neobuilder cause i have no crc errors or missing known neo files , i guess i should convert it manually and first of all find the good rom of course ..:)

Edit : ok got zintrkcd...

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thats because the other version is not in MAME. I have no idea why though because its a conversion I did long long ago. Its just like the conversion in MAME already (fake proto), only difference is my conversion is much better and is not trying to pass itsself off as something it is not.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
hope neosd will put it into next neobuilder version......

Edit : just tested zintrkcd everything is fine now

Thanks again Raz

oh and i see your video with basic percussion samples , i hope you'll be able to activate it ingame

Last edited:

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
When you transfer all memory card data to a new card, what happens if the new one has not enough space or contains data for the same game?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess it will give you an out of space error or ask you to overwrite.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you transfer all data, it always wipes everything existing on the card first.

If the card is too small to receive the contents of the copied card, it will error.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
And if you transfer only one save that's already present on the receiving card (with different data), what happens?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Can't remember off the top of my head if it will ask you to confirm replacing it or just tell you it already exists with that name. Either way, you can do it.

Last edited:

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
How about a save that's created before you're asked to save, like for options saving or else, what happens if your card is full?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I dont think games create a save that way but if they any do they will probably ask you to make space like what happens with saves.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
How is the update working? I have 4 chips i think. Can I s ne them too you?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
v3.3 is working fine, if you need to update previous version drop me an email.

Raz

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I was surprised to find out you still can't disable the splash screen on an AES. I always disable it for a more stock feel. Is this option ever coming to AES?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I was surprised to find out you still can't disable the splash screen on an AES. I always disable it for a more stock feel. Is this option ever coming to AES?

You can disable the splash screen on AES, because the AES does not have any backupRAM however you need a memory card to be able to do it.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Ah! I'm an idiot. That's awesome. Thanks Raz

cyd

New Challenger
Raz, I would like to make a feature request. Would it be possible to change the credit counter LEDs on an MVS cab to spell out FREE when the hard dip is set to free play, rather than the default 0s?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I am not sure if that is possible, I don't know if those LEDs are limited to numbers only or not.

amx30

n00b
Hi Razoola, could i program the unibios on a 27C4002 instead of a 27C1024?.
Both has the same pinout except pins 38 and 39.
27C1024 pin 38=NC pin 39=P
27C4002 pin 38=A16 pin 39=A17

Regards

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You can try but Im not 100% sure it will work.