Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 167 of 167

Thread: Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

  1. #151
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio,USA

    Posts
    197
    Got my UniBios today. Just waiting for my MV-1C to finally come in.

  2. #152
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,483
    Great stuff, Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

  3. #153
    Timid Neo Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    VIRGINIA, USA

    Posts
    8
    Looking to upgrade my analogue cmvs with the 3.3 bios unless a new one is gonna be avail in the near future. Is there a download to upgrade the current ubios avail? If so, could I somehow use the neosd to perform the upgrade? Also was looking to upgrade to the neobiosmasta vmc for memory capability. Is this still required to save if I am using the neosd? Apologies in advance as I am a noob and not the most tech savvy.

  4. #154
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio,USA

    Posts
    197
    Version 4 is coming soon enough. Just wait on that. Firmware must be updated by Raz directly.

    You've got some time to wait on a NeoBiosMasta VMC. They will be out of stock until next month at the earliest.

  5. #155
    Timid Neo Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    VIRGINIA, USA

    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    Version 4 is coming soon enough. Just wait on that. Firmware must be updated by Raz directly.

    You've got some time to wait on a NeoBiosMasta VMC. They will be out of stock until next month at the earliest.
    Thanks for the update bud!

  6. #156
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,483
    4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

    Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

  7. #157
    Timid Neo Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    VIRGINIA, USA

    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

    Raz
    Thanks for the info Raz! I will email you about a possible update. Just for general info I contacted Brian and he said the VMC may be avail again in Feb.

  8. #158
    Super Sidekicks
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    54
    I have finally gotten around to putting unibios in my Japanese AES. It is working great! I used a socket, so I can easily upgrade in the future, if I need to. I mainly upgraded to unibios to get english text in the games, but the codes will be fun for certain games, too.

    It looks like setting the region to either Euro or USA, will result in english in-game text. Are there any differences between the two region settings on an AES machine? I’m just wondering if there is any advantage of setting to Euro instead of USA (or vice-versa). Blood color or any other in-game differences?

    Thanks again for making this awesome unibios, Raz.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  9. #159
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio,USA

    Posts
    197
    The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.

  10. #160
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,483
    Glad you like it, in general game have more censorship in USA region over Euro.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

  11. #161
    Super Sidekicks
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info!
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  12. #162
    Super Sidekicks
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    Glad you like it, in general game have more censorship in USA region over Euro.
    I see, thanks for letting me know. I may keep it set to Euro, then. Thanks!
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  13. #163
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bergen

    Posts
    1
    Got and installed my unibios, but i cant seem to figure out how to enter a game. When i exit the hardware menu, it gives me the following message: "dip-sw 1 off". I guess I need to turn this dip on somehow, but how do i do that? Using the unibios with an MV 1fz, connected to a supergun.

    Edit: Never find, found out about it eventually.
    Last edited by Morfeo; 04-08-2018 at 10:36 AM.

  14. #164
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Damulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma

    Posts
    195
    Just ordered my first real Unibios excited(for my AES). Ready to pop out my debug bios for the upgrade. When 4.0 comes out I will just pay you again for all your hard work.

  15. #165
    Southern Pounce.
    DaytimeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Posts
    696
    Question for Raz:

    I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

    Thanks,

  16. #166
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Question for Raz:

    I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

    Thanks,
    If you have a EPROM programmer you can simply email me.

    Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

  17. #167
    Southern Pounce.
    DaytimeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    If you have a EPROM programmer you can simply email me.

    Raz
    Cool, thanks man

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •