Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

Crossed Swords Squire

Got my UniBios today. Just waiting for my MV-1C to finally come in.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Great stuff, Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Timid Neo Newbie

Looking to upgrade my analogue cmvs with the 3.3 bios unless a new one is gonna be avail in the near future. Is there a download to upgrade the current ubios avail? If so, could I somehow use the neosd to perform the upgrade? Also was looking to upgrade to the neobiosmasta vmc for memory capability. Is this still required to save if I am using the neosd? Apologies in advance as I am a noob and not the most tech savvy.

Crossed Swords Squire

Version 4 is coming soon enough. Just wait on that. Firmware must be updated by Raz directly.

You've got some time to wait on a NeoBiosMasta VMC. They will be out of stock until next month at the earliest.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    Version 4 is coming soon enough. Just wait on that. Firmware must be updated by Raz directly.

You've got some time to wait on a NeoBiosMasta VMC. They will be out of stock until next month at the earliest.
    Thanks for the update bud!

4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

Raz
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

Raz
    Thanks for the info Raz! I will email you about a possible update. Just for general info I contacted Brian and he said the VMC may be avail again in Feb.

Super Sidekicks

I have finally gotten around to putting unibios in my Japanese AES. It is working great! I used a socket, so I can easily upgrade in the future, if I need to. I mainly upgraded to unibios to get english text in the games, but the codes will be fun for certain games, too.

It looks like setting the region to either Euro or USA, will result in english in-game text. Are there any differences between the two region settings on an AES machine? I’m just wondering if there is any advantage of setting to Euro instead of USA (or vice-versa). Blood color or any other in-game differences?

Thanks again for making this awesome unibios, Raz.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Crossed Swords Squire

The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.

Glad you like it, in general game have more censorship in USA region over Euro.

Super Sidekicks

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Super Sidekicks

Glad you like it, in general game have more censorship in USA region over Euro.
    I see, thanks for letting me know. I may keep it set to Euro, then. Thanks!

Got and installed my unibios, but i cant seem to figure out how to enter a game. When i exit the hardware menu, it gives me the following message: "dip-sw 1 off". I guess I need to turn this dip on somehow, but how do i do that? Using the unibios with an MV 1fz, connected to a supergun.

Edit: Never find, found out about it eventually.
    Last edited by Morfeo; 04-08-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Crossed Swords Squire

Just ordered my first real Unibios excited(for my AES). Ready to pop out my debug bios for the upgrade. When 4.0 comes out I will just pay you again for all your hard work.

Southern Pounce.

Question for Raz:

I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Question for Raz:

I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

Thanks,
    If you have a EPROM programmer you can simply email me.

Raz

Southern Pounce.

If you have a EPROM programmer you can simply email me.

Raz
    Cool, thanks man

Thread Information