Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

Bashful Neophyte

Hello,

I'm happy with 3.3 but I have a question/feature request: can you swap select and credit buttons in arcade mode on multislot with more than 1 cartridge inserted?
    Because it's anoying to wake up for adding credits.
    Thanks.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

That is disallowed because if it was allowed, when you insert a coin the game would swap to the next.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Bashful Neophyte

I understand but maybe you can add a setting for enable/disable it on a cmvs?

Why would I want to add a feature that I know will not work. You best bet if you have a CMVS is to use the coin button.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Why not just put your MVS mobo into free play mode?

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Question Enable Cabinet Fixes + Input Crossing

I will start soon two consolization projects.
    One is a one slot MVS which is not a big case due to the presence of only one game.

As per the other it is a 2 slots.
    I would like to know if a coin button will be definitely needed or not.

As per the universe bios 3.3 manual, it is stated that:

* Enable Cabinet Fixes: When enabled 1Up (A) and (B) buttons will act as game select buttons during attract mode on multislot hardware...

* Input Crossing: ... When using the joystick ports, select buttons will insert coins when in arcade mode. On MULTISLOT hardware, this feature is automatically disabled when more than one game is found...

I thought first that on a MULTISLOT with i.e. two games inserted in a MV2S, I could select a game with 1Up (A) and (B) buttons and then add a coin with select button (Input Crossing).
    But it seems as per the manual that it won't work and that a coin button is needed.

N.B.: Freeplay is not the question here as it is obvious that it is a alternative for a coin button

Razoola, may you please confirm my understanding ?
    By the way, is there a download link for the Universe Bios 3.3 User Guide as for the printed one, time will erase printed paper for sure ?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jontox; 05-21-2017 at 03:41 AM.

These are two seperate features. Using A and B to select a game on multislot was asked for and used by people who have a multislot in a single slot cab what does not have the select buttons wired.

Because Input Crossing will be disabled when a multislot is detected the way to wire up is to wire all three (START,SELECT,COIN), this is the preferred and correct way. If you do not want to wire three buttons the next best would be to only wire up COIN and START and have the cabinet fixes enabled (use A and B to cycle games). This way however means you will be unable to pause games when in AES mode using SELECT button, you can still pause by bringing up the ingame menu however. If you can. I suggest wiring all three buttons.

There is no electronic version of the manual available sorry.
    Last edited by Razoola; 05-21-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Bashful Neophyte

Raz, I just wanted to say thank you for shipping and developing this product. I received it last week and it works flawlessly.

No problem, Raz

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

I ordered one on the 22nd and received it today. Now occupies the BIOS slot in my Neo cab. Thank you for this fantastic invention.
    Arcade boards owned
    Neo Geo: MV-1, MV-1F (x2), MV-1FZ (x2), MV-4, Hyper 64 [Fighting]
    Stand-alone: Altered Beast, Rastan, P.O.W, SNK Vs. Capcom
    Latest addition: Sega Titan w/ Die Hard Arcade

Bashful Neophyte

After lusting after the Neo Geo for nearly 30 years, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Japanese AES console off eBay. The UniBIOS seemed an essential addition to unlock the full potential of the console, and I must say I haven't been disappointed. Thanks for a truly excellent product, Raz!

I also want to give a shout out to Neil from 8Bitplus, who performed the actual mod work (he's one of the official 3rd party installers), since I wouldn't know a soldering iron from a curling iron. Absolutely bloody stellar customer service, sir!

Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    After lusting after the Neo Geo for nearly 30 years, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Japanese AES console off eBay. The UniBIOS seemed an essential addition to unlock the full potential of the console, and I must say I haven't been disappointed. Thanks for a truly excellent product, Raz!

I also want to give a shout out to Neil from 8Bitplus, who performed the actual mod work (he's one of the official 3rd party installers), since I wouldn't know a soldering iron from a curling iron. Absolutely bloody stellar customer service, sir!
    Much like yourself, an AES was a long time wishlist item of mine. Bought a Japanese model off of ebay, installed the unibios and socket and performed the 3-6 board rgb mod. Works flawlessly, though desoldering the orginal bios chip is pretty tenuous. I am glad i went that route though. Thanks Raz for a great product!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1299 View Post
    Much like yourself, an AES was a long time wishlist item of mine. Bought a Japanese model off of ebay, installed the unibios and socket and performed the 3-6 board rgb mod. Works flawlessly, though desoldering the orginal bios chip is pretty tenuous. I am glad i went that route though. Thanks Raz for a great product!
    I had to double-check that I didn't make your post and forget about it.

I also finally got a Japanese console recently after lusting a long time and installed UniBIOS last week. I also happen to have 3-6. Did a promo or easy fix tip the scales for you like it did for me? I pulled the trigger after an eBay $15 off promotion. It was also sold as "junk" and I had other spare parts so I took a risk (luckily, it was repairable).
    -El Duderino (not into the whole "brevity" thing)

I got Unibios 3.3 for my consolized MV-1B project, but I haven't installed it yet. I've been waiting to see if I can snag the VMC version of the NeoBiosMasta, as it's out of stock right now. I may have to just bite the bullet and get the non-VMC version for now...

Thread Information