It's finally here...
Today I have released version 3.3 of the Universe Bios. A couple of nice new features along with the normal updates relating to cheats and stuff.
See below for a complete list of changes.
WHATS NEW IN VERSION 3.3
Additions / Changes
- Added ability to display the crosshatch and color bar screens on AES hardware. Hold BCD during the unibios splash screen and choose option 1. To cycle between the crosshatch and color bar screen press 1up start.
- The ingame menu patch screen now shows you the value at the patch address before and after it's patched.
- The Universe bios can now detect a 16Mhz overclock. When an overclock is active it will be reported on the main unibios menu screen.
- The ability to use buttons 'A' and 'B' as multislot 'game select' buttons during attract mode or on the games title page. The Universe Bios option 'Enable Cabinet Fixes' must be enabled to use this new feature. Big thanks to kuze for the help testing this.
- PC2NEO (USB version only) updated to work with version 3.4 of PC2NEO firmware or later, only standard transfer mode is supported. 08bit upload and download also now supported to allow easy for memory card loading and saving.
- The Universe Bios splash screen no longer draws with the older NGEV games on AES hardware.
- The default in game menu color has changed (you can still change it back to the old colors).
- Changed some of the internal ingame color pallettes.
- Made the crosshatch screen border red to match red used in other tests.
- Added small delay before reading unibios settings from the memory card (AES only).
- Renamed the 'Enable 1Up Coin Move' setting to 'Enable Cabinet Fixes'. This feature works still works in the same way but has expanded functionality as explained above.
- The Ironclad incorrect color brightness bug/protection will not happen when in Euro region.
- The calender hardware test can no longer get stuck in an infinate loop. This was an infamous situation that happens on the original neo geo bios.
- If Hiscore saving (to memory card) gets disabled on multislot hardware due to cheats or debugDIPs, it will now re-enable on game change.
- Small Improvements in the memory card manager (text layouts).
- Less chance of pixel glitching on ingame menu exit back to game.
- Formatting a memory card on AES no longer clears any stored color settings (for ingame menu).
- The boot time memory card check no longer clears any stored color settings used by the ingame menu. This test is only done if the memory card is not formatted.
- The BackupRAM memory test now checks the first 0x10 bytes.
- The boot time memory card check now tests the first 0x04 bytes.
- Fixed long standing bug in games KOF98, BREAKREV, NEOCUP98 and RBFF2 where inserting a coin on the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen caused the 8x8 layer to corrupt or resets on multislot hardware. This happened with the original USA bios also. Big thanks to kuze for the help testing this fix.
- Fixed DIP hilighting (shows if an active cheat is patching the DebugDIPs location), this was kind of broke in v3.2.
- Fixed rare instance where going in and out of the DebugDIPs screen could currupt a games high score table if the game did not support DebugDIPs.
- Fixed missing title screen in 'The Super Spy'.
- Fixed minor color glitch on active cheat 'X' when entering cheat menu.
- Fixed pixel glitches on startup just before the splash screen draws.
- Fixed pixel glitches entering the ingame color changer page.
- Fixed pixel glitches on the ingame color changer page.
- Fixed rare glitching on in game menu memory viewer page.
- Fixed rare glitching on in game menu video viewer page.
- Lessened glitching in various places through test mode.
- Metal Slug 2 Turbo (hack) support added for cheats and highscore saving.
Cheats / CRC Database
- Added cheats for Crossed Swords 2.
- Added new cheats added for Neo Bomberman (plus fixed existing).
- Added cheats for hidden characters in Zintrick.
- Added new cheats for Iron Clad.
- Added Infinite Magic cheats to Kabuki Klash.
- Added better cheats for Stakes Winner.
- Added better cheats for Stakes Winner 2.
- Added 'Show SP commands OSD' cheat for Samurai Shodown 4
- Fixed Rage of the Dragons 'Infinate Time' cheat to work with home cart
- Fixed Ninja Combat 'Max Power' cheat typo.
- Fixed 3 Count Bout 'Infinite Energy' cheats to no longer be buggy.
- Fixed Fatal Fury 3 'PL2 Infin Credits' cheat.
- Added Crossed Swords 2 to the crc database.
- Added Rage of the Dragons (home cart) to the crc database.
- Added New Fight Fever version to the crc database.
- Added Metal Slug 2 turbo (hack) to the crc database.