Neo Conception International Announces Licensed AES Ganryu Preorder

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Repurposing a bootleg to use for a homebrew conversion is far from it being a bootleg. If the sacced cart was an AOF, would it be better to change it back to an AOF using mask roms from an MVS donor, burning new eproms with AOF rom set or using it to put a homebrew conversion into the hands of people that want to play the game that was never released on the AES/MVS. If you say that changing it back to an AOF is ideal, it isn't. No one wants a bootleg AOF cart nor do they want an AOF conversion. All that time and effort would be wasted for nothing. What's wrong with repurposing it for something better if it can't be reversed to it's original "virgin" state?

I would do the same thing without hesitation if the opportunity presented itself.

Yes. Common sense. But your purposely choosing AOF to make your argument easier and avoid controversy. AOF was mass produced in huge quantities. As a result of that, it is a $20 MVS cartridge. Follow the parabola curve.

In 1992, MVS AOF carts sold for $395 each.
In 1994, they could be bought for $45 a piece.

In 1994, Bust A Move cost $400 a piece.
Or a bootleg BAM for $150, as a converted AOF cartridge.

In 2016, a bootleg MVS BAM sells for $30.
In 2016, an MVS Windjammers sells for $200+.
Or, you can reverse convert the bootleg BAM into a Windjammers for $0.

Now this is but one example.
Imagine converting bootleg Bombermans into decrypted Ganryu's.
Or, converting bootleg Metal Slugs into Pulstars.

(again, hypothetically and strictly for personal use whereas to avoid the legal arguments here)

My point being, how is someone here who buys a bootleg bust a move or puzzle de pon on eBay for $30 (an already sacrificed virgin according to YOUR COMMUNITIES guidelines) and then in turn converts it into a cartridge he/she cannot afford; strictly for personal use, is in any way shape or form hurting the "finite" supply of authentic MVS cartridges in the world? What's it to YOU?! How can you possibly judge that person?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
CAN YOU READ!?

Repurposing a bootleg to use for a homebrew conversion is far from it being a bootleg.
Repurposing a bootleg to use for a homebrew conversion is far from it being a bootleg.

Turning a cart (bootleg or not) into something that's already released is a bootleg. Period.

Maybe you should leave if you have problems with OUR COMMUNITY.

EDIT:
Just for the record, this isn't towards James. Billy's post replying to James is what I'm getting at. Billy's reply had absolutely nothing to do with what James said. You cant compare converting bootlegs into hombrew titles it's completely different than converting titles to already released games.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
You are the one that doesn't know how to read.
I very clearly stated this:

"again hypothetically and strictly for personal use whereas to avoid the legal arguments here"

And Brian, don't feel so compelled to reply to my posts; especially when they are not even directed towards you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes. Common sense. But your purposely choosing AOF to make your argument easier and avoid controversy. AOF was mass produced in huge quantities. As a result of that, it is a $20 MVS cartridge. Follow the parabola curve.

In 1992, MVS AOF carts sold for $395 each.
In 1994, they could be bought for $45 a piece.

In 1994, Bust A Move cost $400 a piece.
Or a bootleg BAM for $150, as a converted AOF cartridge.

In 2016, a bootleg MVS BAM sells for $30.
In 2016, an MVS Windjammers sells for $200+.
Or, you can reverse convert the bootleg BAM into a Windjammers for $0.

Now this is but one example.
Imagine converting bootleg Bombermans into decrypted Ganryu's.
Or, converting bootleg Metal Slugs into Pulstars.

(again, hypothetically and strictly for personal use whereas to avoid the legal arguments here)

My point being, how is someone here who buys a bootleg bust a move or puzzle de pon on eBay for $30 (an already sacrificed virgin according to YOUR COMMUNITIES guidelines) and then in turn converts it into a cartridge he/she cannot afford; strictly for personal use, is in any way shape or form hurting the "finite" supply of authentic MVS cartridges in the world? What's it to YOU?! How can you possibly judge that person?

So the gist of your post means you approve of NCI since they don't sac carts(anymore(supposedly))? Also, most "bootleg" BAM carts aren't even bootlegs, they were made by SNK to keep up with demand. I even asked Tony about it and he said it's very possible as the demand was "incredible".

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You are the one that doesn't know how to read.
I very clearly stated this:

"again hypothetically and strictly for personal use whereas to avoid the legal arguments here"

And Brian, don't feel so compelled to reply to my posts; especially when they are not even directed towards you.

Can I reply now since this was directed towards me?

Ok.

Well, that still doesn't make any sense. I'm not talking about legal arguments. I don't think anyone cares about that, not even SNKP or whoever owns the IPs. I'm speaking ethically, from my Tree Hugging heart. How can you think (regardless of how many fucking copies of a game are out there) that its OK to convert a game to another game just because its expensive or hard to find. You have already admitted to bootlegging carts for people and offering to sell one to a member here. Yes, you pulled the offer, but thats beside the point.

You can play your tired, worn out, bullshit, cop-out line: "It's my personal property, I bought it, I can do what I want"

Very true. Yes, Billy. You bought it and can do what you want with it. You only care about yourself, and whatever "fame" you think you have. You don't care about the community and you don't care about putting more bootlegs out there.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
So the gist of your post means you approve of NCI since they don't sac carts(anymore(supposedly))? Also, most "bootleg" BAM carts aren't even bootlegs, they were made by SNK to keep up with demand. I even asked Tony about it and he said it's very possible as the demand was "incredible".

For the record, no, I don't approve of anything that NCI does, after the way they handled Treasure of the Caribbean; and until they acknowledge, address, and answer the elephant that's been in the room since 2012.

Secondly, yes, SNK themselves converted and retrofitted THOUSANDS of unsold cartridges (home & MVS) over the years. Savage Reign the crown jewel among them! And yes, not all Bust A Move bootlegs were created equal. But it is very clear which ones were made by SNK and which were not. Regardless, it severed their relationship with Taito.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member

Ok.

Well, that still doesn't make any sense. I'm not talking about legal arguments. I don't think anyone cares about that, not even SNKP or whoever owns the IPs. I'm speaking ethically, from my Tree Hugging heart. How can you think (regardless of how many fucking copies of a game are out there) that its OK to convert a game to another game just because its expensive or hard to find. You have already admitted to bootlegging carts for people and offering to sell one to a member here. Yes, you pulled the offer, but thats beside the point.

You can play your tired, worn out, bullshit, cop-out line: "It's my personal property, I bought it, I can do what I want"

Very true. Yes, Billy. You bought it and can do what you want with it. You only care about yourself, and whatever "fame" you think you have. You don't care about the community and you don't care about putting more bootlegs out there.

Since your being very civil here, I will absolutely reply.
I already have the complete 148 cartridge set on both MVS and home formats. And have had them as such for years now. So anything and everything I suggest here by definition is selfless, not selfish. Yes, I offered to try and build a member here a Windjammers cart because he wanted to play it on real hardware; not crappy emulation. I was trying to help him out, and would have repurposed a bootleg bust a move in order to do so. (And whereby preventing him from destroying some other cart instead on his own) How is that selfish?

Regardless of that, people got upset, and so I decided against doing it. (not that I would have ever had the time to do it anyhow). But in any event, I do care Brian. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here anymore. No good deed goes unpunished?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
That was beautiful. Very humble. Let me know more about how great you are.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Too bad Dion doesn't have a forum of his own cause you would be the first to run to his lap and bad mouth our community protoboy.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
So just for the record, and to be CRYSTAL CLEAR once and for all with the tree huggers around here, sacrificing the virgin is a "crime" and frowned upon, but resacrificing or recycling her again for additional pleasure after she was already raptured is not a "crime" and even encouraged.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot Raz, I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy that has over run this community. Not to mention the trampling of our fundamental rights to do with our own personal property as we wish.

When you sacrifice the virgin on the alter she is killed. You can't really bring her back to life and kill her again a 2nd time which was the point in that comparison.

The problem is there are people who just don't seem to use their heads. There is no way I will ever see converting a converted bootleg in the same way as converting an original game into a bootleg. I will always take the route of converting the bootleg if possible if I need to get hold of a PROG and CHA pcbs. The fact some cannot see the difference is a little sad but in the end its their view on reality and not mine.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,

Ok.

Well, that still doesn't make any sense. I'm not talking about legal arguments. I don't think anyone cares about that, not even SNKP or whoever owns the IPs. I'm speaking ethically, from my Tree Hugging heart.

I just gotta say, I hate tree huggers. Tree Huggers are the reason that we no longer have Manuals in our games this gen, and I like inserts as well as the stickers for our games, which would not be possible without cutting down those trees! :D

Okay, you guys can continue arguing about the sac issues... Enjoy! /joke ;)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I just gotta say, I hate tree huggers. Tree Huggers are the reason that we no longer have Manuals in our games this gen, and I like inserts as well as the stickers for our games, which would not be possible without cutting down those trees! :D

Okay, you guys can continue arguing about the sac issues... Enjoy! /joke ;)

CD's with drivers on them must be hurting nature somehow, what I would do for a driver CD nowadays.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Too bad Dion doesn't have a forum of his own cause you would be the first to run to his lap and bad mouth our community protoboy.

I don't see why I would do that. Please explain why you think I would run to Dion.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Thread derailed.

Does anyone remember NCI said they had several prototypes, e.g. "Lost Star" (supposedly a sequel of Blazing Star)?

Do you think they never had any, and all of that was vaporware based on high hopes on their ex-programmers (who "made" TotC) ?

Obviously they never had anything. Sadly.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Obviously they never had anything. Sadly.

You've answered your own question. If they had any protos they would be making bank selling them on their boot pcbs right now.

BishopSNK

n00b
I think any project that supports the forward progress of our collective heart's passion should be supported....that being said constructive feedback is key.

The cover art should be deemed a "ROUGH" Draft Concept.

Let's revisit the artwork. As mentioned the lines and proportions need work...

Keep up the good work team!!!

Bishop

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Hey, I don't have any problem with any projects from any team or individual who give their time, talent, or treasure to help further the legacy that is NEOGEO. But again, as I stated this before, NCI needs to acknowledge, address, and explain the multiple elephants in the room before I, or anyone else here who knows their history, can even begin to consider trusting them and their false statements & promises.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

The NCI team is basically composed of proven scammers and liars (Atomikwave + Neo Ayato). Not sure what good work you're talking about. Are you talking about that time they sold counterfeits as the real deal to both french and japanese stores? Or that other time they did the same thing on Yahoo Japan? Oh, I know, you're thinking about all the shady eBay auctions they've been posting for years! No? Is it their NG: DEV.TEAM counterfeits then? Let me see then.... I got it, you must be talking about that time they made a crappy game all by themselves and made us believe that is was actually an authentic Visco proto! That was indeed a great team work!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
The NCI team is basically composed of proven scammers and liars (Atomikwave + Neo Ayato). Not sure what good work you're talking about. Are you talking about that time they sold counterfeits as the real deal to both french and japanese stores? Or that other time they did the same thing on Yahoo Japan? Oh, I know, you're thinking about all the shady eBay auctions they've been posting for years! No? Is it their NG: DEV.TEAM counterfeits then? Let me see then.... I got it, you must be talking about that time they made a crappy game all by themselves and made us believe that is was actually an authentic Visco proto! That was indeed a great team work!

Sonned...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I think any project that supports the forward progress of our collective heart's passion should be supported....that being said constructive feedback is key.

The cover art should be deemed a "ROUGH" Draft Concept.

Let's revisit the artwork. As mentioned the lines and proportions need work...

Bishop

This sounds like a fake Yelp review someone wrote for their own business