Neo Conception International Announces Licensed AES Ganryu Preorder

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Whats irrevelent is the boot its self. Why would you buy it when a 161 in 1 is $70.00. Throw that Shit in a shockbox and call it v special.

So what it doesn't boot directly in game

Exactly, why bother with purpose built bootlegs when you can get a multibootleg cart lol. Oh wait.. prestige or collection completeness right? yeah...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The prestige of having a fake! :keke:

That's the thing though. These people buy these and their unknowing friends come over thinking they have the real thing. Might be worth it to some.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
That's the thing though. These people buy these and their unknowing friends come over thinking they have the real thing. Might be worth it to some.

Then they can sell it to their friend for 2x what they paid. Then that friend can sell it on ebay for 2x what he paid. Then that person can come here and try and flip it and we can politely ask him to leave.

Well at least that's better than destroying "cheap" AES Carts. But the shell cases have to come from somewhere I presume :/

Cart shell are also REPRO , snaplock are also REPRO , there is no more sac cart.
Make apologies for non-sacrifice here is almost a joke.... Crossed sword 2 sold here without any license ,no right and absolutely illegal with sacrifice.And yet nobody talks about it. It does not shock anyone.
If someone can answer : CROSSED SWORD 2 AES released by RAZ is legit ? he has an agreement with snk?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cart shell are also REPRO , snaplock are also REPRO , there is no more sac cart.
Make apologies for non-sacrifice here is almost a joke.... Crossed sword 2 sold here without any license ,no right and absolutely illegal with sacrifice.And yet nobody talks about it. It does not shock anyone.
If someone can answer : CROSSED SWORD 2 AES released by RAZ is legit ? he has an agreement with snk?

Huh? who has a license to sell bootlegs even if they use reproduction parts?

I wouldn't compare bootlegging to the likes of the crossed swords 2 project, that is apples and oranges as far as I am concerned.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I wouldn't compare bootlegging to the likes of the crossed swords 2 project, that is apples and oranges as far as I am concerned.

^ this. There is a huge difference between a straight up bootleg like SSVS and putting a homebrew effort (like fan translations) into physical form.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver

Are you retarded? When have Raz tried to profit from all his research that have given the neo community so much? He obviously had all the chance to do it but he only charges you for the cost of materials and shipping he is not trying to make a profit out of this, and on that same wagon every one else that share their research with us, they invest time making things happen. STFU.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
So its okay to sacrifice AES/MVS, if you are not making a living out of it.
But its not okay to earn money, even if you dont sacrifice.
So its about the money or the sacrifice ? Or about the legal right ?
Dont try to answer this, just think about it :)

From the outside, it really looks like some ppl here just hate project from other places.

Guys, honestly, the neo scene is very small, with very few things happening.
Why not be happy about the few things that can make some change happen ?
100% genuine cart will allways be 100% genuine carts. It will never change.
I really dont see the point of all this show of hate. Make love, vote Democrat :)

edit : those 2 project are quite different indeed. One is about the software, the other about the hardware.
But both provide new things.
Atm the only guys doing both are ngdev. But maybe (?) in the future, we might see some project that provide new soft with new hard.
When you dont want the neo to stay a pile of dead cart on a shelve, any thing new is good news.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

There's a difference between some ass clown driving up the prices of common games for the sole purpose of profit, and a respected member ofvthe community creating something to give back to the community.

Sometimes the sacrifice is worth it.

On the ass clown side, nothing is offered. People need to realize if they can't afford a game their in the wrong hobby, and should consider mvs for expensive titles. Instead of supporting the stain of the Neo Geo.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Sometimes the sacrifice is worth it.

Sure. Let us burn some virgin to that statement.

On the ass clown side, nothing is offered. People need to realize if they can't afford a game their in the wrong hobby, and should consider mvs for expensive titles.

price of sspeunfix mvs plz ?
500. If you find it. Oh ye. ouch.

This thread is babbling along... Sorry about the troll, couldnt resist
Hope you dont mind ;)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member

Clearly you do not know or remember the Treasure of the Caribean situation. NCI severely dented their rep with that which is why now everyone jumps on them. You really need to get involved more and you might have an understanding of the difference. Sure there is a legal difference if NCI actually have the licence to do what they are doing but many would question if they actually do given their previous rep.

So the difference for many is NCI is not up front about what they are selling compared to CS2 which everyone was very clear on. I guess if you wanted to compare CS2 to something by NCI it would be TOTC. Great effort was also put in to obtain carts that were already sacked for CS2, as many of you know we got hold of a great many MVS and AES ironclad conversions which were reconverted to CS2

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sure. Let us burn some virgin to that statement.

price of sspeunfix mvs plz ?
500. If you find it. Oh ye. ouch.

This thread is babbling along... Sorry about the troll, couldnt resist
Hope you dont mind ;)

$500 is nothing compared to the cost of a lot of aes titles. If you went mvs and didn't spend hundreds on every title you could afford it.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
I'd be curious to know who wrote the jp text of NCI Breaker's Revenge, and how accurate it is.

Clearly you do not know or remember the Treasure of the Caribean situation. NCI severely dented their rep with that which is why now everyone jumps on them. You really need to get involved more and you might have an understanding of the difference. Sure there is a legal difference if NCI actually have the licence to do what they are doing but many would question if they actually do given their previous rep.

So the difference for many is NCI is not up front about what they are selling compared to CS2 which everyone was very clear on. I guess if you wanted to compare CS2 to something by NCI it would be TOTC. Great effort was also put in to obtain carts that were already sacked for CS2, as many of you know we got hold of a great many MVS and AES ironclad conversions which were reconverted to CS2

Sorry for my bad English Raz.
But if i understand your reasoning , a sacrificed game is considered only sacrificed for the first use ?
If you use a board snk already sacrificed for make another game ( Aka CS2 ) it's not more sacrifice ?

why not simply distribute the ROM if it was just for the community ?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you use a board snk already sacrificed for make another game ( Aka CS2 ) it's not more sacrifice ?

The CS2 release mostly used boards that had already been converted to other games by other people before.

The rom is going to be released in time.

Read the CS2 thread and get off Raz's back, you damn noob.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Sorry for my bad English Raz.
But if i understand your reasoning , a sacrificed game is considered only sacrificed for the first use ?

You need to read the Crossed Swords 2 thread.

On your sacrifice point... It comes down to how you interpret what people mean by it. Normally (in neogeo and cps2 circles at least) its talking about converting one original game into a non original/converted game, thus reducing the amount of original games left in the world. If you alter something already done you are not reducing from the amount of original game carts left.

Look at it this way. If you sacrifice a virgin at the alter, she can't be sacrificed again 2 weeks later.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The CS2 release mostly used boards that had already been converted to other games by other people before.

The rom is going to be released in time.

Read the CS2 thread and get off Raz's back, you damn noob.

Dude is so mad his butt buddy Atomikwave couldn't make shitload of money by flipping Raz's work on ebay :keke:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Look at it this way. If you sacrifice a virgin at the alter, she can't be sacrificed again 2 weeks later.

U cant sacrifice her again 2 weeks later, but you could rape her. Well. Assuming you dont mind the smell.

Anyway. Great work on cs2, thats out of question. Even if i would have loved a numbering or smthg like that, and a greater batch (but thats cos i was one of the late ones).

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Has anyone verified this is actually licensed?

I haven't really paid attention to these releases, so forgive me if this has been answered.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I haven't really paid attention to these releases, so forgive me if this has been answered.

They probably worded the license in a way that it covers any Visco title instead of just the first one they did.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
You need to read the Crossed Swords 2 thread.

On your sacrifice point... It comes down to how you interpret what people mean by it. Normally (in neogeo and cps2 circles at least) its talking about converting one original game into a non original/converted game, thus reducing the amount of original games left in the world. If you alter something already done you are not reducing from the amount of original game carts left.

So just for the record, and to be CRYSTAL CLEAR once and for all with the tree huggers around here, sacrificing the virgin is a "crime" and frowned upon, but resacrificing or recycling her again for additional pleasure after she was already raptured is not a "crime" and even encouraged.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot Raz, I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy that has over run this community. Not to mention the trampling of our fundamental rights to do with our own personal property as we wish.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

They probably worded the license in a way that it covers any Visco title instead of just the first one they did.

He's been asked nicely by a bunch of his customers to provide the official documents but all he did was quoting an engrish e-mail from "Visco".

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So just for the record, and to be CRYSTAL CLEAR once and for all with the tree huggers around here, sacrificing the virgin is a "crime" and frowned upon, but resacrificing or recycling her again for additional pleasure after she was already raptured is not a "crime" and even encouraged.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot Raz, I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy that has over run this community. Not to mention the trampling of our fundamental rights to do with our own personal property as we wish.

Repurposing a bootleg to use for a homebrew conversion is far from it being a bootleg. If the sacced cart was an AOF, would it be better to change it back to an AOF using mask roms from an MVS donor, burning new eproms with AOF rom set or using it to put a homebrew conversion into the hands of people that want to play the game that was never released on the AES/MVS. If you say that changing it back to an AOF is ideal, it isn't. No one wants a bootleg AOF cart nor do they want an AOF conversion. All that time and effort would be wasted for nothing. What's wrong with repurposing it for something better if it can't be reversed to it's original "virgin" state?

I would do the same thing without hesitation if the opportunity presented itself.