Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Keep up the good work team!!!

Bishop

are-you-serious-.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That image goes great with your Punisher avatar.

xorthen

Banned
They are asking 500 pounds for the damn thing. That's pretty greedy for a bootleg game.

xorthen

Banned
Someone with a facebook account should contact him and ask him how he justifies that price for a bootleg game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let me see then.... I got it, you must be talking about that time they made a crappy game all by themselves and made us believe that is was actually an authentic Visco proto!
Dude, are you talking about Bang 2 Busters? I dunno much about where the game came from but it plays butters.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
To be fair it's only at 10% completion according to OP's post. :P

You must not have seen the B2B artwork in it's "early" stages. It looked the same just with color in the end. Looks to be the same shitty artist as well.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Dude, are you talking about Bang 2 Busters? I dunno much about where the game came from but it plays butters.

I was talking about Treasure of the Caribbean. I should have wrote Face instead of Visco, my mistake.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, I haven't played it yet but Busterwoodz (AKA Bust3dstr8) told me to stay away from it like the plague.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I was sort of interested until I saw the posts about price above.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
lol, I haven't played it yet but Busterwoodz (AKA Bust3dstr8) told me to stay away from it like the plague.

It is a pile of steaming shit. I made the mistake of picking it up when I was still green to a lot of this stuff back in 2011. It was soon after B2B come out and was a solid title so many people were dumped by NCI at the time. They claimed it was developed from a partial prototype that wasnt complete, but more than likely they just programmed it themselves based on a fucking screenshot.

Remember when NCI also claimed to be working on getting a prototype of the sequel to Pulstar/Blazing star? I bet they scrapped that idea when they realized putting off a shmup was beyond their capabilities.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This thread is why i sat in chat for years... I have seen this side of the scene develop... grow... become morally bankrupt... and well.. grate on my nerves somewhat...

xROTx

PS. I'm not saying it's ALL bad... some of this eprom modding/programming scene has benifited the community... ie. the CS 2 conversion to AES/MVS... but from what I see here... it's just a bunch of gougers praying on some of our less educated members...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It is a pile of steaming shit. I made the mistake of picking it up when I was still green to a lot of this stuff back in 2011. It was soon after B2B come out and was a solid title so many people were dumped by NCI at the time. They claimed it was developed from a partial prototype that wasnt complete, but more than likely they just programmed it themselves based on a fucking screenshot.

Remember when NCI also claimed to be working on getting a prototype of the sequel to Pulstar/Blazing star? I bet they scrapped that idea when they realized putting off a shmup was beyond their capabilities.

Sorry to hear you got fucked bro :(

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

It is. TOTC is horrid. B2B is a real Visco game and it plays great. TOTC I guarantee was created from screenshots. Even Raz and Kurtz said that even the opening Neo Geo spinning logo was taken from Puzzle Bobble. They ripped off so many people with that fake proto.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This thread needs to be dumped already. You guys are slacking here in getting this moved.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Oh man what a scam, it sucks to hear you got taken for a ride on that TOTC shit.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This thread needs to be dumped already. You guys are slacking here in getting this moved.

Exactly. I don't understand why threads like this aren't locked nor moved. As if Atomikwave and Neo Ayato haven't ripped enough people off already. They can try to hide behind companies and licenses all they want, they're still the same scammers.

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
This is a good thread for knowledge sake. It's important to know these types of fakes exist.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
As of Sept 8th the game is sold out (I think they sold the last copy Sept 8th on eBay).

Surprisingly they still have many copies of Breaker's Revenge left. To be fair, the artwork on Ganryu is immensely better than BR. I was on the fence about buying it (even though I have the legit copy in MVS) and now it's out of question.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
This Ganryu AES insert has NCI's best artwork of their releases so far. I no longer own an AES to buy their releases, but, I'd cough up $40.00 if they do a Neo-Geo CD of Ganryu and Breakers Revenge. I'd love to do the illustration for BR on CD:

http://scott-mcmahon.deviantart.com/gallery/47777502/Game-Illustration

If NCI is truly licensed to produce these games (which I think they are) then they are legit-not bootlegs. I'm just happy official AES carts aren't being sacrificed and modern means are being used to create new PCBs-with better tech than original AES games? I think as a part of NCI's licensing agreement Visco should put a downloadable press release on their website stating which games have been licensed with details. This way there would be no doubt as to authenticity.