Super Volley 94 (Power Spikes II) Mission - Check your PSII Cart!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
For those who don't know, there is an early version on Power Spikes II with a different title and intro sequence. Back in 2012 some members came forward saying they had it. One member sold it to another, and the buyer said he would release it.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-screenshots&p=3361826&viewfull=1#post3361826

4 years later, nada.

There has been a lot of new users since then and they may not know about this different version.

There are 2 ways you can tell.
1. Boot the game in the Japanese region to see a different intro and SV94 Logo.

2. Open your carts and check the roms.
SV94 - the S1 should be stamped 068-S1, No C5/C6 roms
PS2 - the S1 should be stamped 068-SG1, M1 stamped 068-MG1, C5 and C6 present

With the recent generosity of pulstar, the world's going to get a beta of Last Resort. It really is great that we have some people here who are willing to do this.

I think we can find this thing. PSII isn't the greatest game in the Neo library by a long shot, but it still would be cool to see this found and released.

Check your carts!

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Ohh im sorry, I misunderstood your post.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'll also offer any of my projects/services for free to whoever releases it. Want a custom SaveMasta? No problem. Want something modded? No problem. If I can make it, I'll do it for you.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
damn... never knew this was out there... don't have a PSII, so can't help :(

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thought I checked mine years ago, but will double-check.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I checked. I just have plain old Power Spikes II. I thought maybe I had a white rental cart, but it's just a black one.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Super Volley 94 by NCI

Hey guys!
Here is an early draft of the cover art for the next NCI release Super Volley 94!

volleyball_gifts_decals_volleyball_girl_hitter_423.jpg

Gonna be awesome!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I wish that it wasn't common practice to take the serial numbers off of carts, it would make this job a whole lot easier. I don't own this game so I'll probably buy a copy next time I get payed and just roll the dice and hope I get lucky.

I want NTM to finish his save device/component out board for TG-16/PC Engine.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I wish the guy I know on the west coast would loan (or sell) me his SV94 cart. I haven't contacted him in a couple years. Maybe I'll drop him another email.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I wish the guy I know on the west coast would loan (or sell) me his SV94 cart. I haven't contacted him in a couple years. Maybe I'll drop him another email.

We also have Quan over there who is willing to help dump it if he doesn't want to ship.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just wanted to bump this as a reminder. There are copies out there!