famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Let's run this style of topic into the ground

For polling purposes, updated versions of games count as the same game

So Virtua Fighter Remix counts for VF1
Virtua Fighter 3TB counts for VF3
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution counts for VF4

etc for the updates to the other VF games. Or if you're one of those sickos that likes the Genesis version of VF2.

I included Fighters Megamix just for the hell of it

I have the most nostalgia for Virtua Fighter 2 because that's what my brothers and I used to play on the Saturn when we were kids.

But I feel like Virtua Fighter 5 is probably the best overall 3D fighting game ever made. It's a shame they never released a physical copy of Final Showdown.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I voted for VF2. That is one of my holy trinity of FGs. MK2, KI, VF2. VF2 is no where as good of a game as VF 4 or 5, but there's just something about that game that I still get excited when I see it, hear or think about it. It was such a beautiful game when released and just set the bar so high. A classic in my eyes.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I played plenty of VF2 in arcades, but VF5 Final Showdown is easily the best.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I played a lot of Megamix. VF2 is good though.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
ZiJ2iFU.png

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was never really into the early virtua fighter games , i always got more enjoyment out of tekken 2/3. but vf5 has to be one of my favourite 3d fighters of all time. probably second to rival schools.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Voted 5 'cause Cassandra (or is it vanessa?) Well she desn't have them hideous hips anymore which is great. Sarah is hot as usual and unfortunately Leon doen't have the usual I'm awesome win quote from 4, so awesome. But 5 final showdown though, El Blaze is cool too.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Voted 5 'cause Cassandra (or is it vanessa?) Well she desn't have them hideous hips anymore which is great. Sarah is hot as usual and unfortunately Leon doen't have the usual I'm awesome win quote from 4, so awesome. But 5 final showdown though, El Blaze is cool too.

Cassandra. Hot...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I feel like VF4 is pretty well loved.

It's VF3 that seems to be the black sheep of the series.

I enjoyed VF3. The dodge button was very handy. Some of the stages DID feel either cramped or a bit wonky, which was a common complaint.

It was a great launch title for me tho.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
final showdown is probably not the most balanced, but after taking it somewhat serious for awhile, it's really hard to go back.... it just FEELS the best. All the other versions of VF5 actually look better graphically IMO. I don't think they spend as much time changing up the backgrounds for the updates as they did when originally designing them, Everything looks a little more bland and a little less polished. The animation is untouchable though :)

VF remix sucks, 30 FPS VF doesn't work... back in the day it would have been cool because any reasonably accurate port of a 3d fighter was fucking amazing at home.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I remember being so impressed by VF1 in the arcades. Still looks good to me to this day.
Played the most out of VF2 on the Saturn followed closely by VF4 Evolution.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I think sega 3d arcade games are some of the only early 3d games that totally hold up. The geometry is simple but it's always 60 FPS and gameplay is always solid.

Daytona is sooo old, but the simple graphics are used so effectively and the frame rate is rock solid, so the game feels fast and fun forever!

When I play VF1 it only feels dated to me due to the lack of all the stuff that was added to VF later. I miss my more dynamic movelists, throw teching and sidesteps.... but the basics are there and feel just as nice to this day IMO.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Virtua Fighter Kids. Big heads all the way.

But seriously... the early VF from the Genesis/Saturn era feel quite dated and get old really quick.

So, I prefer the Naomi ones (4) or 5, at this point.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Dont have much experience with VF but i do remember playing alot of VF2 back in the day so it gets my vote.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Wow, there was a Virtua Fighter 2 for the Genesis? I missed that ...

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I voted for VF3. It's almost universally hated, but I've got some great memories of playing that in the arcades. VF2 could have easily taken that spot for me, much for the same reasons, but I remember seeing the first shots of VF3 in the UK gaming press and being blown away by it.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned was probably better then Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, but I thought the 5 series brought a smoother feel to the game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i remember seeing VF5 i believe and it looked pretty cool, but not much of a following in houston, so i never picked it up. Just stuck to tekken for my 3d needs