Raiden V

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I still fail to see what warranted the hardware upgrade. This seriously looks like something that belongs last-gen.

It would honestly take me more than a few seconds to realize that this is not Raiden 3 if I weren't paying close attention.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My copy finally arrived earlier today and I've been playing it quite a bit since.

It's actually quite challenging, the graphics look much better in person, and the music is pretty good.

The Cheer system seems to work well, and is both useful and entertaining. It adds an interesting and unique form of socialization that I haven't seen in any other shooter. It also provides a good way to conserve bombs by acting as a sort of hyper mode. I just wish there were a way to send cheers automatically, since sending them manually can get a little distracting with everything else going on. I've been receiving a good number of cheers from other players as well, and it's nice to see the game is so active.

As for difficulty, I find myself consistently dying near the middle of stage 3, and that's on normal difficulty. The bullets are insanely fast on very hard.

I haven't encountered any crashes during gameplay so far. Though it seems like the game really dislikes being minimized/suspended for long periods of time.

It's odd that the leaderboards don't offer a friend filtering option. Hope they patch that in at some point.

I still fail to see what warranted the hardware upgrade. This seriously looks like something that belongs last-gen.

Microsoft most likely paid MOSS to make this game for the Xbone.

I would venture to say it will at least get a Steam release down the line. Maybe even a overkill release.

This game makes use of Microsoft's Azure service, so a port on anything other than the Windows 10 Store seems unlikely.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Just to chime in about the controllers...

I really don't think the PS4 controller is a good as all the bandwagon-jumping-360-back-to-Playstation-using-the-controller-as-a-valid-reason-to-change-brand-loyalty individuals would have you believe.

As someone who has squarely always only had Sony's consoles (vs MS's) I really do think the XB1 controller is much better > DS4. That XBO controller is REALLY nice and that Dpad, finally, is worth writing home about. MS have done some really nice work with that controller, I must say...

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Just to chime in about the controllers...

I really don't think the PS4 controller is a good as all the bandwagon-jumping-360-back-to-Playstation-using-the-controller-as-a-valid-reason-to-change-brand-loyalty individuals would have you believe.

As someone who has squarely always only had Sony's consoles (vs MS's) I really do think the XB1 controller is much better > DS4. That XBO controller is REALLY nice and that Dpad, finally, is worth writing home about. MS have done some really nice work with that controller, I must say...

Really? I hate that controller for 2-d games. Trying to play rare replay with it was awful. But for modern stuff it's ok. I mostly play pc stuff, and you can use it via a wired connection.

I wanna try one of those elite controllers but they're hard to come across right now:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
After playing with a XBO elite controller I must say I can't go back to anything else. Also for games that need both analogues in action all the time, the paddles are amazing. I couldn't be happier about this thing, well worth the money. If only PS4 would get on the microswicth tech for the D-Pad it could be the greates gamepad ever as it has better D-Pad placement and the grips and triggers feel nicer to me, from an ergonomic stand point the PS4 is better, but that only gets you so far. The XBO has the edge on this battle.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Before Raiden V came out I sang lots of praises about X1's D-pad; but now that I've really put it through it's paces with an STG, my opinion has changed. It's too stiff, after 20 - 30 minutes my thumb starts feeling a little tired. I can play intense STG action on the Saturn pad for hours before my thumb feels a little tired.

I have the Elite controller too, tried the disc, awful; but the regular D-pad is the same story as a standard X1 D-pad: too stiff.

Think I might even prefer the DS4 D-pad, been playing DariusBurst Chronicle Saviors and it's serviceable.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Yeah, that's what I was expecting. I ended up waiting on this because I don't want to spend money on a better control option for a single game at this point.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Didn't realized they finally dropped this Thanks for the OP and the Vid post, guess Microsoft gets all the Raiden love from 360 to ONE, hope it goes on STEAM.
Cant comment on the controller debate as I have no intention of dropping the cash on either system till they drop to half current price (used is fine) even then ill probably do PS4 for Shenmue, FFVII, MGSV and a few others.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Before Raiden V came out I sang lots of praises about X1's D-pad; but now that I've really put it through it's paces with an STG, my opinion has changed. It's too stiff, after 20 - 30 minutes my thumb starts feeling a little tired. I can play intense STG action on the Saturn pad for hours before my thumb feels a little tired.

I have the Elite controller too, tried the disc, awful; but the regular D-pad is the same story as a standard X1 D-pad: too stiff.

Think I might even prefer the DS4 D-pad, been playing DariusBurst Chronicle Saviors and it's serviceable.

How's that elite controller? Do you like it overall? Is it worth the $?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Damn, dude, you need thumb therapy, it could be serious, lol.