Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Street Fighter 5

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • i dun play no capcum fiters

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
in a3 they cost a bar and lower your block stun gauge right?

Correct, not only that, they do practically no damage. Alpha Counters went from being a game-changer, to something of a last resort measure if you're low on life or getting pressured in the corner.

That bring said the Saturn version of Alpha/Zero 3 is still easily my favourite SF game, with the PSP version being right behind it. The Alpha anthology on PS2 is also very solid.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I know others have said it, but Alpha 2 is my favourite. Also, I'd imagine a lot of people would pick Alpha 3, that game's pretty amazing on the Saturn. I'd still pick Alpha 2 though.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I ask myself all the time if I couldn't get so many online games on Street Fighter games, would I still like the different versions so much? I think world Warrior is always my sweetheart favorite because of it being the gateway drug into the madness that is Fighting Game addiction. A lot of different versions I honestly didn't like as much until I play a shit ton with friends, or playing a shit ton online.

3rd Strike I didn't want to switch to at first because at the time I thought Giant Attack looked better and I didn't like button press throws. Street Fighter IV I was made to like kicking and screaming for the sheer amount of games you can find on it and even then I didn't start to warm up to it until Arcade Edition. I downright hated Street Fighter EX3 until my roommates kept getting me to play it. Makes me think if SNK games had the cult following SF has would it have dragged people in the same way?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
3rd Strike I didn't want to switch to at first because at the time I thought Giant Attack looked better and I didn't like button press throws.

I first saw 3s at a movie theater and really didnt like it due to the characters and the animation looke weird to me. Never really touched it until a local arcade had a 3 man/3 game tournament and its one of the games we had to practice for. It ended up being so much fun i had to keep playing.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hyper Fighting/Hyper Anniversary>Alpha series>3rd Strike>HDR>SF III>SF EX+A>SFIV

mykka

n00b
Easily Alpha 3 for me, it rocked by world when it was released. I actually think the Alpha saga would be winning the poll had it been included. I mean, who the hell played SF1?

Ray

New Challenger
Gotta go with Street Fighter II Super Turbo, arguably the quintessential fighting game.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Me personally: ST > HF > USF4 > A2/A3 > 2I/3S >>>>>>> A1/NG/Anything EX/SF1

That takes into account how strong the high-level competitive game is, how much I enjoy playing them and how much I enjoy watching high-level play.

I'd probably pick Alpha 3 over 2 and 2nd Impact over 3rd Strike. 3rd Strike's the better competitive game but I'll take endless 2I Ibuki/Akuma over 3S Chun 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Watching Chuns fish between cr. forward xx SA2 and kara-throws makes me want to claw my eyes out. Plus the music/backgrounds/portraits are better in 2I. Alpha 3 has a lot of broken weirdness (shitty hitboxes, crouch cancel infinites) and Alpha 2's got great stages and music but A2 Chun/Ken is SOOOOOO boring. Race to build a meter, CC/counter CC/Kick Alpha Counter. It makes the game boring to both watch and play at higher levels.

From what little I've played thus far, SF5 will likely end up somewhere between 4 and the Alpha games but time will tell.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
100proof- Super competitive you might be right about 3s vs 2I as far as chuns galore fishing for supers. But If we are talking high level casuals where nothing is on the line and ppl are picking different characters id def say 3s > 2i.

SF4 will probably be ahead of the alpha series for me due to the amount of 360 character and how good 360/720's are in that game. After playing some ultra casuals with a friend the last few months, ive switched to 360 characters as my main.
just a note about 360 input in acouple of the games
Alpha 3- Seems like you have to do :hcb:/:hcf:, then :up: to get the 360 out

3s- on this one the timing is abit more picky and you have to do :360: pretty quick and hit the button as you do the :up:

sf4- you can kinda do all the above methods and it comes out no problem.

Tried to play some alpha 3 the other night and the :360: 's were throwing me off for a bit lol

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
It's a hard choice between ST and Alpha 3 for me. I'm going to say Alpha 3 just because I can even just watch it for hours. Love the way it looks.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Whichever street fighter has poison in the background :emb:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
It's a hard choice between ST and Alpha 3 for me. I'm going to say Alpha 3 just because I can even just watch it for hours. Love the way it looks.
Just started trying to catch afew games of SFA3 here and there on fightcade, game is pretty fun, not being able to dash is one of the things i dont like about it. But its a really good game

Whichever street fighter has poison in the background :emb:
Nothing wrong with alittle poison

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So it's 'avoidable' if your opponent does it at bad times like a tard or you are 100% on point with delayed option selecting a normal into a DP or something, but to say they are 'very easily' avoidable with no qualification I just don't see.

Quit talking like you're a challenge man...lol.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Super Street Fighter 2 X = Street Fighter III 3rd strike > Everything else

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think he's just confused, he seems to be throughout the majority of his posts in this thread...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
anyone who doesnt like or recognize 3s as a sf is batshit crazy!!!! lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
El roker can't play 3S worth a damn...why is it your favorite you clutz?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Been playing a shitload of Super Street Fighter 2 on SNES lately (on 3-star turbo of course). My favorite version.