• i dun play no capcum fiters

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just had some Zero 2 Alpha games with AJ, salty shit for reals...

3rdS technically the best SF, lol, whatever that means.

ST is the best, always and forever. 3rdS is great, all SF games are great except for the first one, lol.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Alpha 2 gold was good. Going from sfa3 to sfa2 was a big step for me. 2 felt so stiff and sluggy. But sfa2G is a HUGE improvement on the game. Feels way more natural. It's very tight but sfa3 still my fav in the series. I prefer the button command for throws. I also prefer the hit boxes of moves and supers in sfa3. Also the invincibility frames on supers is better in A3. So annoying when my super gets snuffed out by something stupid. Due to that and air recovery mixups sfa3 is alot more fun to play due to being able to punish with a counter super.
Had alot of fun playing with electric. Sfa3 is my fav but I'd be down for gold too.

Edit- I also like the guard crush meter in sfa3.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Nice sounds like some new fans for Gold !

P.S. I like Fighting Street EG its the first one I had at home man. :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
new fans, lol. What do you think here, that you're lighting the path or something?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Maybe you should jump in fightcade and play some games with us so I can see if your love for SFA2G is warranted instead of worrying about my posts.

Arttronik

n00b
SF3: New Generation is my absolute favorite SF game. Its the one that made me professionally being a game artist. Never looked back. Super Turbo is also incredibly near and dear to me. (But, I appreciate and love all of the games a great deal.)

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
You guys know whats up. SFA3 is a really fun game even if your getting your ass beat. Plus the gambling references were always cool.

all the alpha games are fun. i personally like the presentation of alpha 2 over the rest, but love the fast gameplay of alpha 3.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah Alpha 3 is my shit, but Alpha 2 gold is a def contender. way better the Alpha 2 thats for sure lol

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Are you talking about Alpha 2 Gold and Zero 2 Alpha?
No I am talking about Alpha 2 and Zero 2. Zero 2 Alpha further updates Alpha 2, I know that. Gold is equal to Zero Alpha.
It was Zero 2 then while western version Alpha 2 also updates Zero 2. Finally Zero 2 alpha updates Alpha 2 with even more classic characters and more moves on the existing ones. Those come with different balancing though as I read around the net...

What I don't know and can't find is if there are balance differences between Zero 2 and Alpha 2.
A strange thing is the lack of Zero 2 play throughs in YouTube. Only Alpha 2s

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
No I am talking about Alpha 2 and Zero 2. Zero 2 Alpha further updates Alpha 2, I know that. Gold is equal to Zero Alpha.
It was Zero 2 then while western version Alpha 2 also updates Zero 2. Finally Zero 2 alpha updates Alpha 2 with even more classic characters and more moves on the existing ones. Those come with different balancing though as I read around the net...

What I don't know and can't find is if there are balance differences between Zero 2 and Alpha 2.
A strange thing is the lack of Zero 2 play throughs in YouTube. Only Alpha 2s

never heard of alpha 2 being a update to zero 2 before. but come to think of it, this does make some sense because i always thought it was odd how pulling off akuma's raging demon in alpha 2 was a lot easier than in zero 2. at least in the saturn ports of the game anyway.

but i still want some one to confirm your claim about alpha 2 being a upgrade of zero 2. it's one of my favourite games of all time, and i've never heard of this till now.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
never heard of alpha 2 being a update to zero 2 before. but come to think of it, this does make some sense because i always thought it was odd how pulling off akuma's raging demon in alpha 2 was a lot easier than in zero 2. at least in the saturn ports of the game anyway.

but i still want some one to confirm your claim about alpha 2 being a upgrade of zero 2. it's one of my favourite games of all time, and i've never heard of this till now.
Alpha 2 has Evil Ryu and EX versions of Dhalsim and Zangief. Zero 2 does not. Zero 2 Alpha has those three plus EX versions of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Sagat, and M. Bison, all of whom were characters from CE

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
After reading all that, I dont think i ever want to hear the word Alpha or Zero again as long as I live :P

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
That's pretty cool, did not know there were differences between alpha 2 and zero 2, always assumed they were the same. But in the end if I want to play that game I'm playing sf zero 2 alpha

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So one thing i notice when I get on FC to play some games is there are never players in the Zero 2 Alpha room but there are usually a dozen or so players in the alpha 2 room. Do players just prefer the game without the balance changes provided in SFZ2A or they just dont realize it since it isnt labeled as Alpha 2 Gold?
Was actually playing earlier today.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
So one thing i notice when I get on FC to play some games is there are never players in the Zero 2 Alpha room but there are usually a dozen or so players in the alpha 2 room. Do players just prefer the game without the balance changes provided in SFZ2A or they just dont realize it since it isnt labeled as Alpha 2 Gold?
Was actually playing earlier today.
If on FC there are experienced players then I assume they don't like the changes. If they are casual or beginners they just don't know about versions.

I think I read somewhere that the changes were not welcome.

I bought Zero 2 a week ago and it's great. It plays better than SS2T but SF33S is the best.