Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armageddon

• Mortal Kombat Vs DC

• Total voters

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Mortal Kombat II is probably my favorite because I have such wonderful memories of playing the SNES version with my friends. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the SNES is VERY good too.

Lately me and my friends have been playing Mortal Kombat X on my PS4 a lot. We actually find it to be a better party game than Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
for 2 players I like MK Trilogy the best simply because its got the best party roster, you can have all the dream matches you want, but single player is hard as fuck. For my own personal pleasure its really a tie between the arcade versions of 1 or II. The simplicity and starkness of the first game fills a dark hole, and its way easier to pick up and fight. II has a better character selection while still retaining the decent gameplay/flow (yeah its an awful game but i mean respectively) and it has a more colorful palette. I guess II.

oh and i remember i played MK4 for like so many hours not realizing how bad it sucked. that was weird. what a bad game.

Last edited:

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
I'm a big fan of MK2. They got that one right and even made me put some money into it instead of the Neo and SF.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
MKII will always be the highest point in the series. I don't think MK will ever get to the point of being bigger then SF again, but IMO Deception was the best story mode I have seen for a fighter even though I am sure some people will disagree. I don't like the new style story modes where it's random battles, but I will admit MK9 & X have had the best looking ones.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
mortal kombat 2 was sweet. especially the snes port which was done so well and which lot of people preferred over the ps1 and Saturn versions. but my personal favourite has to be ultimate mk 3. umk 3 was the super turbo of the series. really like the amount of playable characters and combo system of umk 3. never did like mortal kombat after the jump to 3d. the look just never appealed to me, although i do want mk x to play as jason.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
MKII will always be the highest point in the series. I don't think MK will ever get to the point of being bigger then SF again, but IMO Deception was the best story mode I have seen for a fighter even though I am sure some people will disagree. I don't like the new style story modes where it's random battles, but I will admit MK9 & X have had the best looking ones.

I would say MK is bigger than SF right now.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
MKII was the cultural touchtone for me (particularly with all of the different versions in the arcade, all of the rumor-mongering around secrets and figuring out all of the fatalities as a community on the old usenet boards) but UMK3 and MK9 are pretty handily the best fighting games in the series.

The older 3D ones are a garbage fire and MK1, while revolutionary at the time, is nigh unplayable nowadays.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
what i really liked about 1 is that the setting actually felt like a tournament.

Yes! It was heavily inspired by Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport. It oozed atmosphere. And it was all downhill from there.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yes! It was heavily inspired by Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport. It oozed atmosphere. And it was all downhill from there.

Don't forget Big Trouble in Little China. Their "homages" to that movie are practically copyright violations.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I would say MK is bigger than SF right now.

It has more money for advertisement, but IMO not bigger. Time Warner did try to make a show out of it, but independent companies like ESPN showed Street Fighter, not Mortal Kombat at the end of the day.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I really like 2, and Trilogy. Trilogy was my shit in high school. We would have sometimes over 10 in my small room playing that game.

I see MK Gold isn't listed. I personally lied that one a lot too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I really like 2, and Trilogy. Trilogy was my shit in high school. We would have sometimes over 10 in my small room playing that game.

I loved playing Trilogy with Kombos off. It was like MK2 with a lot more characters.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It has more money for advertisement, but IMO not bigger. Time Warner did try to make a show out of it, but independent companies like ESPN showed Street Fighter, not Mortal Kombat at the end of the day.

That just means that Street Fighter is more suited to competitive play (and the spectator aspect that goes along with it), not necessarily that it's more popular.

Mortal Kombat X certainly outsold Street Fighter V by a pretty big margin.

cmoliveira

n00b
MK1 was a great proof of concept but they really nailed it with MK2. MK3 & UMK3 felt like different games with the addition of combos and the run button. Still good, but different. I wrote off all the rest up until MK9 which was a fantastic reboot and MKX refined it.

I voted Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, although MK II comes close. The large cast of characters as well as the run button allows for a lot of interesting combo dynamics. UMK3 just has the most replay value, in my opinion, as well. One touch to death combos with Ermac are just too fun. :)

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
That just means that Street Fighter is more suited to competitive play (and the spectator aspect that goes along with it), not necessarily that it's more popular.

Mortal Kombat X certainly outsold Street Fighter V by a pretty big margin.

It's hard to say really. If you go by sales then Injustice is way more popular then anything Capcom has ever come out with, but any of the hardcore fighting game players I know would rather play Capcom or Namco fighting games. On top of that I can get online matches in USFIV or TTT2 way easier then Injustice.

If your defination of popular is selling the most copies then I am wrong, but I go by what the fighting game fans are playing. Not what people buy, play for a week and hardly touch after.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Injustice was a lot better than most people give it credit for. It's not a serious bzns competitive game, and it was never meant to be, but it's a lot of fun.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Injustice was a lot better than most people give it credit for. It's not a serious bzns competitive game, and it was never meant to be, but it's a lot of fun.

My favorite part about that game is Superman's cinematic super - where he knocks them out of the atmosphere, then slams them back Dragonball Z-style.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
when i was really little, like 5 or something, me and my dad went to a Dairy Queen and they had Mortal Kombat II. I picked Baraka and the first round was versus Baraka. I was super into it. I lost and then 2P Baraka did the decapitation fatality on me and it blew my mind.