Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armageddon

• Mortal Kombat Vs DC

• Total voters

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
My favorite MK memories are playing MK2 in the arcades. However, when I want to get down and play some MK I reach for UMK3.

fluxcore

Another Striker
UMK3, great fun to play. Cool combos. Good roster.

Trilogy is a broken mess o_O

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
UMK3, great fun to play. Cool combos. Good roster.

Trilogy is a broken mess o_O
In many ways Trilogy is indeed a broken mess, but for fans of the first three games it's got a lot of value anyway.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I feel the same way and I'm not even a MK veteran by any means...

famicommander

15 Year Member
While we're on the subject, what are your favorite home versions of the original MK games?

For me:
MK - Genesis
MK II - SEGA 32X
UMK III - Nintendo DS

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Well MK2 won by a landslide.

While we're on the subject, what are your favorite home versions of the original MK games?

For me:
MK - Genesis
MK II - SEGA 32X
UMK III - Nintendo DS

MK 2 - Snes
Triology - N64

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
MK1 - Gen
MK2 - SNES
MK3 - PS1

MK2 on 32x was barely an upgrade to the Genesis version. It's so pathetic I'd rather put my time in on the Genny version.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Load times are horrendous. Looks and sounds are decent for the time of its release. Hard to recommend playing any home revision of MK2 with all of collections out now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
MK1 - Gen
MK2 - SNES
MK3 - PS1

MK2 on 32x was barely an upgrade to the Genesis version. It's so pathetic I'd rather put my time in on the Genny version.

MKII 32X shits on the Saturn, Genesis, and Super Nintendo versions. Not even a question.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I really dug MK9. Huge roster of characters and lots to keep you playing and unlocking.

I am throwing down on MKXL soon. Hope it is money well spent.

famicommander

15 Year Member
MKII on mame shits on all the MKII ports ever...

I don't do emulators unless it's the only realistic way I'm going to get to play something. I didn't buy thousands of dollars worth of authentic hardware over the span of my life to emulate stuff.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
mortal-kombat-ii-europe.png

Does this do any shatting on anything else or does it just get shat on?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
View attachment 33542

Does this do any shatting on anything else or does it just get shat on?

I've put a -loooot- of time into that port. When I was a kid, I had to choose between having that version of MK2, or no version of MK2 (I was very late to the having a 16 bit system party). It definitely takes a dump on the 'no MK2' option. Also takes an impolite dump on the GB version, though some might say it's debatable, wheras the MS/GG version had less animation than the GB version, and changed certain Fatality commands. But the GB version had no blood, or Kintaro... so.... debatable.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
which version was better for mk2 and umk3, snes or genesis?
I remember mk3 alot due to it being the first game i got with the genesis.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ask famicommander, he spent thousands of dollars throughout his life on ports of MKII...lol.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Obviously that's not what I meant. In the general sense, if it's possible/practical for me to play a game on real hardware, I'll do it. I only use emulation when I can't play a game natively. I have dozens of consoles, might as well put them to use. I'm not opposed to emulation but it just loses some of the magic for me. If I want to play the arcade version of MK II there are multiple places around town that have it. But if I want to play it at home, I might as well put one of the half dozen home versions of it to use. Otherwise, why have the consoles, games, controllers, peripherals, and PVM in the first place? I spent all this time and money getting all this dedicated gaming hardware and then I'm going to simply download a ROM and run it on my PC? I use my PC to play PC games.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I don't understand why people would play subpar ports nowadays. Even if you're opposed to mame, there are a few collections that feature excellent emulations of MKII, and you can play them on your consoles with you're peripherals.

Last edited: