• Armageddon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mortal Kombat Vs DC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I was having an argument with my cousin over which Mortal Kombat is the best.

I think MK Deception is the highest point in the series. The game is balanced and has a good roster.

He says its UMK3 for the run button dial a combos and atmosphere.

Which do you guys prefer.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MK2...I actually like Deception and them 3D games, just the arcade though, I couldn't care less for all them extra modes...

In order of preference

MK2
UMK3
MK9
Deception

Trilogy is more like UMK3 1.5
MK Gold is like MK4 1.5 as well but I don't see it in the poll.

I always felt MK2 is the best 'cause it eludes me, the other MK games have welcomed me somewhat but MK2 persists on making a noob, that game...my pals DZ and RepX both are excellent at MK2, I just suck...

A little bit of everything there, I feel those are the best but the others aren't bad either.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've got a soft spot for MK2, it's probably the game in the series I have the most fun with. Objectively speaking though, MK9 is the best game in the series.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
MK2 is definitely best. 9 and Trilogy being closest followers to me. Trilogy certainly does feel like UMK3 v1.5, but I'd be happy just calling MK Trilogy my MK3, like how I think of Doom 64 as actual Doom 3.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Pretty much, there's no real reason to play 3 or UMK if you've got Trilogy around. Also, you can turn off the Kombos in the menu and it feels a lot like MK2. The dial a combos never bothered me much anyway, they don't do a lot of damage anyway.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
It's a close race between 2 and Trilogy, but I'll never forget playing MKII in the arcade, so it edged out Trilogy.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
MK2 or UMK3.

MK2 got me into mortal kombat back on the SNES, Then MK4 got me out of it. LOL

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Great:
MKX
MKII
UMK3
MK Trilogy

Good:
MK

Bad:
MK vs DC
MK9

Terrible:
all the rest

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Overall 2 is the best to me. Playing the AI and VS are the best. UMK3 is a close runner up. Versus is better in UMK3 but the AI is so damn read heavy. It can be exploited but then its boring.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Another vote for 2 here. Definitely my favourite, and did what all good sequels should do - improve on the original in every way. Although, I have a soft spot for one due to the arcade time I had with it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Mk2. What a great game. I still have a blast playing it from time to time.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
MK II 4lyfe.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
MK II. It's the only MK I go back to play from time to time. Never played any of the latter day MKs.

BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
MK2. Did not care for the first one and gave up on the franchise after (U)MK3(Trilogy).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

goddamn can you imagine this is what mk would become

shit's brutal brah

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Objectively it has to be MK2, as a sequel the game made spectacular progress. However I still play MK1 the most. The gameplay is very pick up and play and it doesn't have millions of combos / specials which needs to be memorised to even stand a chance against an opponent, with the emphasis here being on hand to hand combat Plus in terms of atmosphere / mood its my favourite. MK2 was also great in this regard, not so much MK3 and UMK3 - the robots and some of the backgrounds didn't kind of fit in IMO.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

goddamn can you imagine this is what mk would become

shit's brutal brah
I wanna get MKX so bad but I'm waiting for MKXL, just a few more weeks, no need to get MKX t later get all them DLC.