Early 90's Fighting Games

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Best games of MK2 I've had the privilege to witness are with DZ and ReplicaX, two guys that make the game look insane in action. I never got much into MK but I'd like to do it sometime, my MK game is casual at best.

Rep is far and away the best MK player I've had the chance to play. After 2 decades of fighting games, I still feel like MK 2 is my most competent game, and Rep can still best me 75% of the time. As much as I love SSF2T and FFS, MK2 is the o ly fighting game I'd need to have.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
MK 2 is cake once you figure out the AI. You can hit jumpkicks over pretty much every ground move. Works great on Kintaro and Kahn as well. You can also uppercut him.out of the shoulder tackle if you time it right.

Back in the day I would play MK 2 every Sunday at the same arcade and there was a dude there that was probably 18 or 19. I would play against him and learned alot of techniques. He sold me a FAQ with all the moves and I became obsessed with that game. The first time I every beat arcade mode and got the high score, he snapped the shitty bat tops off both sticks and gave them too me. Apparently that was a tradition at that arcade.
Aren't jump kicks just about the only way to beat Kintaro and Shao Khan? Jump kicks are as powerful as a special move in MKI and MKII.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In mk2 I usually ducked and blocked against khan, and uppercutted when he did a shoulder charge. If he taunts I'd throw a projectile.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
When i was at the arcades, when it came to fighters i usually never continue...I would restart from the beginning everytime to get maximum money worth.

This was pretty much the way most of the regulars played in the arcades. The only time I ever got serious about beating a game was if it was one of the games I played the crap out of at the time. For the most part 1p mode was just there to train on moves or whatever. If the game was jacked up serious AI or whatever we would play something else when no one was around. I can remember Vampire Savior dying because the AI was jacked up too high and no one would bother.