Best shooters on Steam.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've just got Steam and was wondering what shooters you guys would recommend me getting?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My advice would be to wait till the summer sale for the domain games, cause they're not for everyone and usually dirt cheap. Hard to complain when you buy a shitty game and it's only .99

Crimson Clover is a safe bet though, games awesome.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Crimzon Clover, Jamestown. Mushihimesama/Ikaruga if you don't have ports of those already.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Kamui is awesome, I've been playing that game for years, well before steam popped up.

Steam is awesome, so many cheapies...with tags and all the search methods available there's just no way you'll be missing any of the good stuff.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
If you gotta multi monitor set up, gotta give DariusBurst a shot.

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is probably the most fun I've had with a shmup on Steam that isn't also on other consoles. I mean, it is on iOS and Android, but thank God it was saved from being exclusive to those platforms.

Just recently picked up Vector Strain and have been having fun with that.

And ya can't go wrong with Mushihimesama, Ikaruga or Jamestown, even if you likely already have them on other systems.

Still gotta ton of shmups I haven't even touched yet, which is kinda the nature of Steam I guess.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Played some mushihimesama last night. I'm horrible but I forgot how much fun it is.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Thanks guys, I will have a look into some of these.

I kind of underestimated what a problem it would be that the Steam Machine is on SteamOS and a lot of the library won't work. All the shooters I've found so far are Windows only :/

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Eschatos and XIIZEAL too.

Thanks guys, I will have a look into some of these.

I kind of underestimated what a problem it would be that the Steam Machine is on SteamOS and a lot of the library won't work. All the shooters I've found so far are Windows only :/

Same problem here, I use OS X.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BroForce is free on PS4 for PS+ users...go BRO and spread liberty among the heretics!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
+1 for Danmaku.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If you play it fast, yeah it can be rather chaotic but Iron Bro mode requires me to slow down a whole lot...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
when we play it you cant tell what the hell is going on, thats the best way to play lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's the easiest way to die...I usually just play conservative but in contrast to that I make damn sure I use all the bombs before I save anyone, mind as well use them bombs all the way...my favorite has to be Blade...well...Time Cop is amazing as well.

Anyone here a fan of Kung Fury the video game? Oh man, that is stupid fun...all kinds of awesome!

Ninja Senki is also available on PS4 for 5 bucks, well worth it, I've been playing for free for years...only fitting to show some support.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I enjoyed the movie, havent played the game, ill def have to check it out, if its like the movie then it has to be fun lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's sorta like the movie in a very simplistic way...think of Game & Watch meets Arcade with a smidge pseudo Neo sprinkles...

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Well, now steam has Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles, but they also have Ikaruga, Crimson Clover, Raiden III and IV (but not IV overload), Reflex, Sine Mora, Razor2:Hiddenskies....DariusBurst CS....so many GREAT shmups on steam.

My advice would be to wait till the summer sale for the domain games, cause they're not for everyone and usually dirt cheap. Hard to complain when you buy a shitty game and it's only .99
A good advice for all times :D
Thanks for reminding and have a nice day!