FF: MOTW Dreamcast boot issue

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm 100% aware of that, but I never once had an issue with it before. It worked perfectly fine but then it just stopped.

Edit: I read at the top that you did try s-video and it worked. It's not the game. I would try a different vga box and cable and see what happens.

Just for shits and giggles try deleting any saved MOTW files on your vmu.

Last edited:

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Edit: I read at the top that you did try s-video and it worked. It's not the game. I would try a different vga box and cable and see what happens.

Just for shits and giggles try deleting any saved MOTW files on your vmu.

I'll give that a shot

Edit: Didn't work. I also tried swapping the cable but I don't have access to a new box.

Last edited:

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
To determine if you have disc rot, hold your disc up to a strong light with the shiny side facing toward you. If you see any tears, holes or light coming through the disc (other than through the spindle hole), then it's disc rot.

Here's an example:

P1010094640x480_zpsb2b9e1b6.jpg

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
To determine if you have disc rot, hold your disc up to a strong light with the shiny side facing toward you. If you see any tears, holes or light coming through the disc (other than through the spindle hole), then it's disc rot.

Here's an example:

View attachment 34118

Not a single spot shone through, though upon closer inspection I noticed a lot more little scratches. Could that affect anything?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not a single spot shone through, though upon closer inspection I noticed a lot more little scratches. Could that affect anything?

Probably not. I have a scratched-to-hell Cannon Spike and it runs fine (my set up is VGA too). I'd go with Razo and delete the VMU files and then check the VGA connection or try a new box and go from there.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Are you just using a vanilla DC, no mods or anything?

The only mod is the drive has been replaced with a GDEMU. I am playing the original .GDI (not a heavely modified cdi) with the region bit set to region-free so it plays on my US system.